Who Else Loves the New Viper Strike?

"
BearCares wrote:
Here are my numbers, which are really loose I'm no mathematician.

level 25 viper strike is about 500 damage per stack. The passives basically double that to 1000 per stack. 4 stacks = 4000 damage. Add vulernability and it's roughly 5600. Now along with this I said in my post that I added searing bond totem which is what pushes the number up to 7000 DPS guesstimate. This isn't even counted desecrated ground from the chest which does a ton of damage vs bosses. Bosses melt so fast. Some more than others. Kole and 2nd phase Dom in particular just get cut like melted butter.

And yes I have to fight chaos resist mobs all the time I told you at level 56 I was doing level 68 maps easily even chaos resists double bosses. Of course I do the maps white because I'm underleveled. This is a real build that actually works.

And it also works in PvP. It's a good all rounder and the items are cheap you don't need a mirrored dagger and a bringer of rain in order to do this build.

Every key item can be bought for 1 chaos or less.

thats horrible.

i'm just saying, you can throw together a budget build with just about any other skill and easily exceed 10k dps.

viper strike isn't good man, it was 'okay' before it got massively nerfed, now if you build dedicated to it you can almost get it to where it was before, but that still wasn't great.
I have no reason to prop this build up as being more than it is. If it was bad I'd happily say it was bad. Maybe my numbers are wrong as the mechanics of this game are pretty dam vague but as I said, I'm clearing mobs just as fast and faster than a discharger chugging doedre's elixer with a power charge vest and blood dance shoes to keep the charges going constantly.

The mobs are melting I don't know why I'm just getting passives and gems that make sense.

And as I said, I'm undefeated in PvP, no one has even taken a single round from me yet. Granted I don't fight level 70s or above as I'm still level 58.

Bottom Line; I'd gladly declare it so, but it doesn't suck. Somehow the numbers work out so that the mobs are melting.

Maybe it's the:

As no one really knows how much damage desecrated ground is actually doing people just guess.

The build seems okay but my concerns are the low ceiling and the fact you have to swing 4 times before your dps starts rolling, you can just swing once with double or heavy and oneshot everything, and after you grab all of the chaos damage nodes youre pretty much maxed on dps while other builds can keep leveling and grabbing more damage and weapon nodes. Also the fact there is no -chaos resist curse makes it seem like a real chore to kill rares with extra resist. I just picture a necromancer with life regen and chaos resist that would make me want to delete the toon. In pvp youre trumped by any ci character.
Last edited by Rimez on Dec 25, 2013, 6:29:10 PM
Considering the Desecrated ground was made as a counterpoint to Concecrated ground, I'd wager it's a 4% chaos degen.
I'm curious - have you not met any CI characters in PvP so far?
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Most CI characters don't take CI that early, he said he's level 58.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Invalesco wrote:
I'm curious - have you not met any CI characters in PvP so far?

I haven't faced a CI in PvP yet, and yes I am aware this build is no good vs CI currently, but actually if I just spam molten shell, lay fire trap and searing bond and equip an anvil I should be able to deal with melee CI characters. Also one of the best things about the build is that other than the degen/chaos nodes I took full defense/utility which means all I need to do to beat a CI character if I really wanted is to put on a Soul Mantle and equip a Searing Touch.

i'm level 66 now (easiest leveling ever), almost nothing in Lunaris can damage me and I can already face tank Kole (for a few seconds =p)

the DPS is not the highest in the world but it clears rooms fast and Piety goes down very easily, still can't farm Dominus yet though but that's just a matter of more HP/ES nodes since I'm hybrid at least for now.

this is the best build I've ever played in the game personally
Pretty intersting build you got there. Do you use the regen from that belt to stay alive?
Does mana leech/life leech gems work with this build or how do you fuel your main skill?

Why do you have 2 portal gems?
"
kompaniet wrote:
Pretty intersting build you got there. Do you use the regen from that belt to stay alive?
Does mana leech/life leech gems work with this build or how do you fuel your main skill?

Why do you have 2 portal gems?

Hi just as an update, this build is a smashing success. End game content is easy, I take almost no damage from anything except for unrighteous fire mobs due to reduced max ele resists from the belt.

In PvP I'm undefeated except for when I challenged a level 90 when I was level 60 =p.

To answer your question the belt is amazing and totally worth the max ele resist penalty. In my opinion the belt is pretty much best in slot when you build around it and compensate for the rest penalty. One of the best things about the belt is the mana regen. Which I guess gets multiplied by your %mana regen increases. So even though it says 9 mana per second it ends up being around 25 mana per second if you get some mana oriented gear.

As an arctic armor lover, I only use rings/amulets that have 50% mana regen or above. This way I don't have to resort to eldritch battery. Which is important because at around level 80 I would switch to CI and Death's Oath!!

All mobs in maps below level 71 and lower are going to melt effortlessly.

@BearCares: would you care to link your complete gear as well as the passive skill tree? Thanks. :)
IGN: lookaway, remurdered
Last edited by mmmonsterkill on Jan 1, 2014, 6:21:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info