[1.2.2] How to kill without doing anything. Guide for an AFK PvP witch build.

Do Entropy or the other damage over time nodes effect the aura on death's oath?

I guess it is kind of hard to test, just curious.
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1629242
I did test it and unfortunately they don't affect the death's oath... actualy only the Vulnerability curse can increase the Chaos DoT of the chest. That's too bad actualy.... otherwise a pve build woud've been possible (in theory)... who know's.. someday GGG might change that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Updated.
Added a screenshot of my defenses and added more duels.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
cool concept. i did a similar strat years ago on d2 with a sorc. i maxed out all the shield cold spells and synergies. the toughest tankiest enemies would reflect themselves to death :P
Added more matches.

I want to share with you my PvP experience with this build

The build that i always lose against is the Righteus Fire build. I just can't win there... never.

Against CI flicker strikers... it depends... if they have very good dagger they 2-3-4 shot me and i can't do nothing about it. On the other hand if they don't have insane gear i can win.

CI casters... well the CI casters they just can't win against me.. so the worst case scenario is a DRAW.

Anything else just has no chance. Life based builds just melt due to the Death's Oath + Vulnerability. Faster attackers ( dual strike, double strike, cyclone ) just kill themselves in me for 2-3 seconds tops.

The damage of the so called "slow heavy hitters" is not that "heavy" at all...

I want to try more 1vs2,3,4 guys but it seems that noone wants to try.. ofcourse if they have one of the 2 things that annihilate me i won't stand a chance :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 28, 2013, 7:30:57 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Added more matches.
The build that i always lose against is the Righteus Fire build. I just can't win there... never.

According to the discussions in the PvP forum nobody wins against a good RF build. The skill seems to be a bit broken for PvP.
Yes, i've read some threads on that topic aswell. Probably GGG would do something about it in the near future. RF doing only part of its damage to other players would be a nice solution in my opinion. That way the PvE won't be affected and PvP can be balanced.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 28, 2013, 7:32:02 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:

AmmaKeke (80lvl) ranger
explosive arrow, very mobile
W:L - 0:5 ; 4:1
The First time the terrain was on his/her side ... dock arena ... his explosive arrows sticked to everything! The next match was in .. i don't know.. is it strand? ... anyway.. there was not enough objects for the explosive arrows to stick so i've defeated him/her.

s*********k (78lvl) shadow
Lightning Strike, dagger
W:L - 5:0

s************e (82lvl) shadow
Reave, claw

G*********e ( 69lvl ) scion
double strike, 2h axe

S***********S ( 83lvl ) marauder
spectral throw, 2h axe

M**********e ( 76lvl ) scion
dual strike

S**********r_ ( 83lvl ) marauder
heavy strike. 2h mace

S*********P ( 83lvl ) shadow
dual strike
W:L - 1:0
He left ( he knew about my build/similar builds )

H*****r ( 76lvl ) Marauder
facebreaker

Omniflash ( 86lvl ) Shadow
CI flicker/whirling blades
W:L - 0:5 ( well.. CI .. almost killed him once.. and forgot the sin treck boots... -_- )
another try this time with sin treck 0:5 again ( he said that he was with more damage this time.. kind of close at some moments again )
and I've tried a third time with punishment 0:5 but much better this time very close all the times... couldn't try Bramblejack because i'll lack the needed attributes for my gear -_-

T*******a ( 67lvl ) Ranger
Cyclone, DW

g****g ( 73lvl ) Witch
Freezing Pulse, non ci

w********s ( 85lvl ) Marauder
Cyclone, DW

i****a ( 79lvl ) Duelist
Facebreaker

R*****i ( 87lvl ) Shadow
flicker, CI
W:L - 4:0 and 1 draw

Rehiv ( 93lvl ) Duelist
dual strike, tanky, CI
W:L - 0:0 all draws

IceDeal ( 85lvl ) Marauder
righteus fire life build
W:L - 0:5 .. i had no chance

t********g ( 81lvl ) Marauder
facebreaker

G*******a ( 86lvl ) Marauder
double strike, 2h axe

A****u ( 84lvl ) Marauder
heavy strike, 2h mace

I***********n ( 94lvl ) Marauder
double strike, 2h axe

S*******t ( 78lvl ) Duelist
double strike, 2h sword

Alluzioni ( 83lvl ) Witch
ice spear/Freezing pusle + discharge, CI
W:L - 1:5 .. for some reason something happened to my gear and i don't have enough strengh to lose the anvil and use the ston of lazhwar... 5:2 the next time with the Stone of Lazhwar

H***********r ( 73lvl ) Ranger
spectral throw/double strike, 1h sword
W:L - 5:0; 5:0

m**************y ( 88lvl ) Duelist
leap slam/double strike, 1h sword

S*************y ( 86lvl ) Marauder
double strike, claw

O**********y ( 87lvl ) Ranger
split arrow + explosive arrow
W:L - 5:1

Fratgiolo ( 87lvl ) Templar
Righteus Fire
W:L - 0:5

V*****_ ( 80lvl ) Marauder
Facebreaker

m*******i ( 86lvl ) Marauder
double strike, sword + shield

2v1 match
f****z ( 84lvl ) Marauder
double strike, 2h sword
+ x*************x ( 75lvl ) Duelist
dual strike

m******b ( 88lvl ) Marauder
Lightning Strike, 1h + shield

s******d ( 91lvl ) Marauder
Facebreaker(cyclone)

S********s ( 80lvl ) Shadow
something strange

T********m ( 82lvl ) Marauder
double strike, 1h sword

V*****_ ( 82lvl ) Marauder
Facebreaker

syerlol ( 85lvl ) Marauder
Righteus Fire
W:L - 0:5

Do you do anything other than play POE? :p That is a lot of high level characters. Strangely enough though I don't see anything higher than level 88 on your account.

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Like this guide? I've helped you out somehow? You like my account name(that's how i've got my closed beta key)? You want to make me happy? You just feel generous?
Donate a buck or two. It would be greatly appreciated!
I will use the donated money to support GGG, because they deserve it! :)

Why wouldn't we just donate straight to GGG ourselves if that is where the money is going?
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Jan 7, 2014, 10:13:52 PM
Well yes i play alot of PoE :) .. or atleast i was .. i'm not playing much for the past 2-3 weeks.
And yea my highest level is 89 now .. but you can see that i have ALOT of characters at relativly high levels ... you see i'm getting bored of a build very fast and i just want to try anything that there is to try ;)
I just don't find joy in mindless grinding to level up to levels that are not really needed to see if a build is good or not. I prefer to test out many builds and see if they work or not ( like your elemental split arrow build )

Why donate to me and not to GGG directly... well.. it's up to you if you want to support me or not... i do my best to try to help out the PoE community ( i have 3 guides; 2 guide list threads; 1 newbie guide ) i always try to answer questions as fast as i can... i even help with items ingame when i can... So supporting me really makes me feel like i'm helping out and that my help is appriciated. After all it's a way to say "Thank you!" to me
Of course simply saying "thank you" in one of my threads is good enough too :P

So far i have a total of 1 euro donated to me.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 9, 2014, 12:30:04 PM
"
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Do you do anything other than play POE? :p That is a lot of high level characters. Strangely enough though I don't see anything higher than level 88 on your account.

You understand that it is his PvP history and not list of his PoE characters, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info