Top Reasons I Like Trading, an Economy, and am Sick of Economy Hate Threads

NVM
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Dec 24, 2013, 4:58:32 PM
"
BuDiu wrote:

If you checked the % of people who posted they dont like trading vs the poe player base,you will see its a ridiculous small fraction.

BS. Your just making assumptions now. I'm talking about the forums themselves which is a sample of how the playerbase as a whole probably feels. You can guess all you want but I'm talking about what I see on the forums and experience myself.

"
BuDiu wrote:

And if you farm for 1000s of hours chances are you will find tons of currency and tons of godly items. If you do it right.

Currency to TRADE for stuff you want, and you don't even find it, you grind alts into fusings and trade those for exalts. Tons of Godly items? Ya right, i've found maybe 2 at the most.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Dec 24, 2013, 4:56:52 PM
"
miljan wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:

Im sorry but it takes like 1 day to get from 1-50. (less if you have gear in stash)

How do you expect to find the unique you need and not the other 300 that could be useless to your build in 1 day of game play?

Map drop are not bad if you do it right. Just like farming if you do it right. If you have a party of 4+ players willing to contribute with maps + currency to roll, chances are you will not drop low in terms of map level. Most good groups are able to maintain 73+ all day without a sweat. And thats not only on my first map group, it has been with all groups i participated, including public groups. One thing i can for sure agree on, its freaking retarded to find a 66 map when you run a 72+ map. That is an issue to be worked on in my eyes. But it never stopped any of my groups or the good groups i know of. (From my personal experience of ridiculous amount of map time + 90+ characters.

Ok i dont know what other players like, but i know what me and my friends like. So i base my opinion on that, and i chose to play this game because how i know this type of game is. Long farming and leveling sessions, heavy trading market etc.

Some drop rates suck balls. But its because they are supposed to. It has to be the 1 or 100 system for things to last in the long run. Even tho they never do with any game nowdays to be honest.

I dont understand so what if it takes 1 to 50 to get in one day? If you rush the game you can, if you play on normal pace to do everything than it is much slower. In one day? Wtf are you talking about, i never rush games. Play PoE, how many uniqeus will you get before you hit last dif? Two if you are lucky. Now go play d2 and how many unqieus/set items you will get before you hit hell? From 5 to 10 and even more. Simple thing that says the game drop rates sucks. I dont want uniques that I need, i want any unique drop xD, and I am talking about low level ones.

Map DROPS ARE BAD. They are bad because they are designed like that. Dont talk about crap like party magic find and other shit, it just says drop rates sucks balls if you need to party to get anything. All your posts actually says exactly that drop rates suck.

And my friends dont like trading part of the game (would anyone played this game if there is only trading and nothing else? No. Would anyone playe this game if there was no trading at all? Yes, and I am sure 99% would still play it because the main reason people play this type of games is not trading, and you know it), and the reason you see thread compalinging about trade/drop rates/maps progression/crafting so often means that are a lot of people that dont like that part of the game and ther eis a problem. And all thise people and me want to play and kill shit with normal investment in time like any other arpg out there.

Not some, all drop rates suck balls because of the economy. I allredy posted why its like that. Also you do not limit your game to last longer artificially, you make the game last longer with content, different character builds and updates and not some korea grind fest.

well in reality you go from like 1-50 in 7~ hours of game played. so thats like 1 day maybe.

even faster if you have all these uniques items you wanna find at low level.

its not about a game of only trading tho. You don't find much because at low levels is hard to have meaningful IR + IQ... It would be nice if we could for sure find items that will help the build you want... but thats just rng. You need to have quests that reward said items to make sure people get them like that. Once you are high level you can farm better with groups.
u know the drill.. I feel like gems sort of play this roll. You get them on quests and they suit specifically your build.

idk im more of a guy that makes one godly char and play some leagues on the side ^.^
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:

Right, bind on account items. That is a TERRIBLE system. Most will agree with me. Few will disagree.

Regarding NPC trading we can drop this subject because it was just a point that trading is a core part of all ARPGS and you seem to have understood that at least.

And no, drop rates are not solely based around trading. Some things are such as Koams, and other super godly end game items that are meant for only the richest and/or luckiest players to have. If you want poe to become a "monochrome" everyone has all the best gear type of game, then I lost all respect there.

Drop rates are based on the FACT that some items are meant to be had by the masses, while others are meant to be ULTRA RARE, and only the luckiest will find or richest will buy.

And yet, trading allows anyone to get the rarest items regardless if they played for it. This is the reason why RMT exists. BoA puts the rarest items where they belong - to the players that actually played the game by killing monsters, bosses, or crafting. BoA is the single best way to battle RMT because RMT relies on selling ultra rares to those that want to bypass playing the game to obtain them.

This game has mirrors. The game is built to dupe, thereby making the ultra rare more available than they normally would be without duping.

RMT is a big problem for sure, but it has no fix. People will pay for pre made accounts with said items if they were willing to pay for the currency in first places. RMT will find its way no matter what. Hence why every single game failed against RMT and Botting. But that is a monster that knows no bounds and the problem is deeply rooted in societies way of life. Paying to win is a mindset.

The fix is to get people to play the game for gear instead of RMT'ing for it. BoA does this perfectly.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Re: jealousy of others' gear- lol. This isn't really the point at all. In fact with a SFL, some will have better RNG than others. If I really wanted, I'd just whip out the CC and trade for the gear if I was so butthurt, I'm not. :D It's a matter of what is fun to me- playing the game rather than playing externalities or meta.

Re: RMT. Personally, I would have less of a problem witrh someone selling a full account than the RMT we deal with now. To me, this just menas someone else took over from where the seller left off. If the seller has to invest the time and farm and level a character before selling it, I think this is an improvement over what exists. The only barrier to a level playing field then, is efficiency (botting). At least with a SFL, you can narrow down the focus of finding bots and dealing with that issue.
Last edited by MrRoundTree on Dec 24, 2013, 6:46:16 PM
This guy must be trolling. WoW is not an ARPG by any stretch of the imagination, auto target, auto aim, auto attack, positioning only matter for scripted attacks so movement and reflexes is mostly useless in combat. You can't hide from projectiles behind objects or even move out of the way!

All ARPGS are based on trading because all have vendors? Lol. If it's not obvious that the discussion is about "player to player trading" that is simply called "trading" then you must have some real issues with your reading comprehension.

In the real world the only other ARPG that is based on trading is D3, and thankfully they are moving away from that and back to the real core of ARPGs; killing monsters and FINDING gear.

Trading does not make it harder to progress in gear, it makes it EASIER.
This is the problem:
Trading makes it SO MUCH EASIER to get gear that the drop rates had to be reduced significantly to stop everyone from getting gear in a rate that is too fast. This means that if you don't trade you will get gear in a rate that is too slow from the intentional design! That is just logic.
Spending time trading is also sooo much more efficient than farming for gear progression that playing the actual game starts to feel like a waste of time for many of us.
RNG does not add difficulty

When you buy stuff, you just ask for buy out or offer 2 chaos.

Complexity? Where?

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Trading does not make it harder to progress in gear, it makes it EASIER.

This is ultimately true. I hate it, but it's true. My thing is, if trading is the obviously easier choice, and everyone (You 5 or 6 self-founders can feel free to say NUH-UHHHHH here) who gets to high level content and STAYS there does so by trading, then why does GGG fight so hard against having a legitimate trading platform?

In other words, trading is the easiest way to progress but takes you through the shittiest part of the game.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Sickness wrote:
"
Twister0258 wrote:

1. The RNG needs to be tight. Period. People complain about self found and demand an ultra loose RNG. The issue is lifespan. The looser the RNG, the faster the game melts down, becomes stale/easy, and fails. Using D3 as an example, remember when they buffed legendary drops combined with difficulty nerfs? The economy became terminal, maxed in a month. Untouchably nice items in any form (i.e., merely having a GFG leg) became commonplace. Players got bored...fast. The no lifers were finding dozens of BIS bae leg types a day- top items lost all their distinction.

I played self found for hundreds of hours, got 3 characters to above level 80, then I started trading. I increased my "wealth" ten fold in under two weeks just from trading. I could finally get all those uniques, high DPS weapons and 6 links that cost exalts and never drops for me. The problem now is that I have a decked out character that took almost no effort, that feels lame. And playing the game started to feel like a waste of time since I could just play the trade chat instead. I can't even bother to start the game anymore.
So it's trading that makes the game stale and easy.

This. I don't even play anymore, waiting for the day the loot gets fixed and I can generate decent wealth through playing the game.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
"
Twister0258 wrote:

1. The RNG needs to be tight. Period. People complain about self found and demand an ultra loose RNG. The issue is lifespan. The looser the RNG, the faster the game melts down, becomes stale/easy, and fails. Using D3 as an example, remember when they buffed legendary drops combined with difficulty nerfs? The economy became terminal, maxed in a month. Untouchably nice items in any form (i.e., merely having a GFG leg) became commonplace. Players got bored...fast. The no lifers were finding dozens of BIS bae leg types a day- top items lost all their distinction.

I played self found for hundreds of hours, got 3 characters to above level 80, then I started trading. I increased my "wealth" ten fold in under two weeks just from trading. I could finally get all those uniques, high DPS weapons and 6 links that cost exalts and never drops for me. The problem now is that I have a decked out character that took almost no effort, that feels lame. And playing the game started to feel like a waste of time since I could just play the trade chat instead. I can't even bother to start the game anymore.
So it's trading that makes the game stale and easy.

This. I don't even play anymore, waiting for the day the loot gets fixed and I can generate decent wealth through playing the game.

What a bold suggestion. Getting good gear for actually playing the game...
A kid playing computer games can never be — and never has been — hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info