[1.0.4] CI Flameblast/Infernal Mantle Burning Witch - updated! farm 73map with friendly gears

Hi. I don't get why do you take HP nodes being CI. Can someone answer?
Hateful post.
Yeah, not sure why the original HP nodes that were with this build are no longer used?
"
Kaskar wrote:
Hi. I don't get why do you take HP nodes being CI. Can someone answer?

He could have simply missed them when he respecced from his levelling life build, or didn't bother respeccing them, but I'm pretty sure he's taking them as an alternative to the top route to the Amplify-Pretidigitation cluster. It actually consumes less points than the top route and allows you to pick up that life regeneration node, which I think is the other reason he went this way.

The build doesn't use Vaal Pact, so apart from the life leech + Ghost Reaver combo, it also relies on the life regen + Zealot's Oath combo to keep ES up.

"
Route1 wrote:
Is there any updates to this build since the changes to the tree?

if possible, can anyone give us the increases/decreases to their stats after the patch?

I don't see why it wouldn't be viable anymore. The 1.1.0 changes don't seem to affect any of the build's key elements, at least not the final CI variant. The linked trees are broken though, but should be easy enough to fix. Even if the OP doesn't update this thread, the original idea can be deduced quite easily.

I'm currently playing this build on my old forgotten lvl 39 standard-league Witch that got a respec with 1.1.0, and am working towards the following tree:

Spoiler
79 Points: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHpRJpFdcW8xccGmwfAiSLJjwo-ilPLJwsvy0fL502xTbYOtg74T1fRKtG10cGSRtJsk3YUlNVrlZjVytdxl9qYG1tGXF5doJ8u3_GghCCm4LHgziGrodliBuMdo-mj_qYrZwtnYCdrqKjpwinK6-3tNG1BLiTwcXB88NtyAzXhtgk2-fd89-w4vfkIuvu7BjsOOxV73zvhffB-eg=

As you can see, I fixed the Templar area life nodes 'problem', and picked up Elementalist and Celestial Walker on the way (both no-brainers). I also made sure I included Elemental Equilibrium, even though it didn't feature in the original 99 points build. It did feature in the 111 and 113 builds, and appears to be essential to this build. After all, gameplay revolves around freezing them first before doing damage with Flameblast (see OP's point #7). The OP's lower level builds might be quite different, but he does a lot of respeccing later, which I tried to avoid, because of the relatively limited availability of respec points, and the relatively high exchange rate of Regrets in standard-league.

After these 79 points I'm not quite sure where to go, since there are multiple options, even new options with 1.1.0, and this is where the original trees completely break off. Harrier seems very attractive, as while 6% attack speed might not be that staggering (and irrelevant to this build), 6% cast speed is actually quite significant. The movement speed would be a bonus, but a very welcome one for a kiter like this build. Secondly, with Vaal Pact moved so far up the tree, it is now within our reach. We can potentially reach it through Harrier, grabbing another 40% mana regen on the way, along with +10% to all resists, and eliminating the need to invest in a pure +30 Dex node. Of course, it would mean Zealot's Oath needs to be dropped, and maybe some other nodes on the left of the tree could then also be sacrificed for better ones elsewhere:

That said, personally I don't think Vaal Pact is a good idea. This build doesn't do consistent damage, but rather very big chunks at a time. In general, that means you're better off with life/ES regen over time than instant regen, because it allows you to 'heal' when you're not engaging (e.g. when you're kiting).

Finally, something I just came up with: I just had a Vaal Lightning Warp drop on me, which allows you to warp (groups of) enemies rather than yourself. This could be used to warp them into pre-charged Flameblasts, while simultaneously triggering Elemental Equilibrium. To pre-charge Flameblast effectively, one could use totems, but I don't think they're required. Supposedly the delay on Vaal Lightning Warp is significant, so you could target enemies for warp, charge Flameblast, and have the circle at full strength by the time they actually warp in,..
Last edited by Brazilski on Mar 11, 2014, 6:25:55 PM
Build didn't change a bit, except that you should pick Elemental Adaptation for 1 point. You can still see the tree, most of the +90 point links work.
The guides 20-60 changed. Before he took a bunch of life nodes and now he doesn't.
@Brazilski
Why EE? The explosion of your Flameblast triggers EE which is bad for your burn.
IGN: Scordalia_
If you use Cold Snap to freeze enemies, you get the benefit from EE. Its in the OP.
also you can go coldsnap->flameblast->coldsnap to get -50% on both initial hit and on most of the burning.

btw when was this build created?

before flameblast was buffed by 100% and then nerfed/corrected to +50% damage?

Last edited by Quantemoq on Mar 23, 2014, 3:14:53 PM
Hi, what do u think about Alpha's Howl on this build ?
Last edited by Rensar on Mar 24, 2014, 1:11:57 PM
Cold snap for freeze is a great idea, especially with proliferation...although the freeze chance takes a while to get consistent like that. How did you manage to freeze them every hit? Is that just a byproduct of proliferation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info