Flameblast

Such nerfs, much useless, trash skillz.
what a lot of people don't seem to realize when posting their flameblast DPS , is that the cast speed doesn't include the ~1 sec delay that it takes to detonate.

so even with huge amounts of faster cast, you have basically
1.4sec charge + 1 sec delay = 2.4 sec (almost halving the effective dps)

i tested it and with 0.22 sec cast speed i could only get 18 max charged flameblasts off in 60 sec.

Last edited by Quantemoq on Mar 17, 2014, 12:33:00 PM
you can insta-detonate via using another skill or attacking. moving doesn't count for this and is still the 1 sec wait as mentioned.
Moving definitely detonates Flameblast. You can spam FB with wild abandon by holding a Move-only key and tapping Flameblast just sliiightly slower than your Cast Speed.

The delay is not an issue.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 17, 2014, 1:49:31 PM
i can't seem to do that so... *shrugs* =p blame my wireless keyboard or something lol
I have Fraps installed and I wanna show you what I mean so here goes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwijj51Uz04
That last point of Life... Jerks.
ah, then its more coordination instead then as i mostly need to click one side of screen for a spell and click to move to other side. so, for me, it'll be fast to do another skill than pushing myself into somewhere silly XD.
so in the video between 10 sec and 18 sec you basically cast nonstop but only cast 14 times flameblast (one time charged to lvl 2 so it is count as 2).

that is 15 casts in 8 sec.

that is 0.53 cast speed
your tooltip cast speed says 0.26

it almost takes you twice as long as it should from the tool tip
Last edited by Quantemoq on Mar 18, 2014, 8:04:24 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's a single multiplier, so at ten stages it's 1100% More Damage.

While this is an oldish post, it's wrong. The first stage doesn't give 110% more damage relative to the tooltip, despite what the skill gem says, and this is incredibly easy to test yourself. The gem needs to be updated to Incinerate wording IMO so people stop believing the max is 1100% more; it's actually 990% more.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Mar 26, 2014, 9:56:08 PM
You are correct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info