Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

@Bowser: looks good, I've also been giving serious thoughts to trying HC CoC in the new league and I also reached the conclusion that Cloak of Defiance would be a very good idea.

The "designed to kill players" parts is making me have second thoughts, however :)

About VP: it sucked before and I'm pretty positive it will suck now too. The only situations where I feel in danger are against some of the more unpleasant map bosses and I don't see how a 60% nerfed life leech from a single target would be remotely helpful.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Will this be updated for when the new league comes out?
"
Bars wrote:
@Bowser: looks good, I've also been giving serious thoughts to trying HC CoC in the new league and I also reached the conclusion that Cloak of Defiance would be a very good idea.

The "designed to kill players" parts is making me have second thoughts, however :)

About VP: it sucked before and I'm pretty positive it will suck now too. The only situations where I feel in danger are against some of the more unpleasant map bosses and I don't see how a 60% nerfed life leech from a single target would be remotely helpful.

it's boswer =(

build may need tweaking now that reflect is more of an issue. a dedicated single target to quickly eliminate the rare may be required. ...probably just a 1l conversion trap, or with multi trap if targeting ends up an issue
"
BoswerLK wrote:

it's boswer =(

build may need tweaking now that reflect is more of an issue. a dedicated single target to quickly eliminate the rare may be required. ...probably just a 1l conversion trap, or with multi trap if targeting ends up an issue

ooooooooops sry dude :D

A very simple solution would be MoM + Arctic Armor, which would allow you to use EK or Fireball (or both) for damage without any worries. Arctic Armor is pretty nice anyway.

Anyway, I started a Marauder in Invasion, I intend to take it slow and steady, the CoC character is scrapped in Standard :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 5, 2014, 6:03:16 PM
Hi OP,

Your build looks awesome to play, is it possible to post a variation of this build with ranger to include vaal pact after the mini expansion? What would you priority be as you level up?

Cheers
Becouse your build is now for 6L only, i know u said u will make 5L passive tree version but i did some testing and the build works just fine without Chain gem, so just Barrage-CoC-EK-Life Leech-Power Charge on Critical. Yes with 6L and chain it will be much better but with 5L and without Chain its still very good ;)

EDIT: This build can by also played as Scion. With this tree ull have more slightly more dmg on EK (1% more dmg) and much better accuracy (76% vs 56%). If u dont want bigger accuracy and u want 3% movement speed, u can pick shadows starting nodes (attack speed and movement speed - shadow, attack speed and accuracy - ranger). Downside is less HP. As a scion ull have +3 to max life and -24% increased maximum life.

The build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9byl5tdqJpaUkrIbqo_J7XyKk2pbjWSFSAqOP6PiPEs6YPbTePdDfxLpldbr_zFqwvOcTGeTirQ7lb6Z6Byw2wWKaX3o-4Oh3bMBmJ5GtvveiP2Sn0V9vlj037v8AAGFfBaSOdUBfkk_dUAlwbEoi2DoSIZivT4-wmbtaJA9tpTNcM6AdEaj21sVi2v67VIrH9te1VLjDYmlVBCoi4OSF3yEZbjhJ2qcNWdo3C7wFFjQ2KscFL8q9kT1p1e-i9vj_rsGKdcSVEkPFptOlgEfocZ

Last edited by blekotacz on Mar 6, 2014, 4:25:19 PM
"
blekotacz wrote:
Becouse your build is now for 6L only, i know u said u will make 5L passive tree version but i did some testing and the build works just fine without Chain gem, so just Barrage-CoC-EK-Life Leech-Power Charge on Critical. Yes with 6L and chain it will be much better but with 5L and without Chain its still very good ;)

EDIT: This build can by also played as Scion. With this tree ull have more slightly more dmg on EK (1% more dmg) and much better accuracy (76% vs 56%). If u dont want bigger accuracy and u want 3% movement speed, u can pick shadows starting nodes (attack speed and movement speed - shadow, attack speed and accuracy - ranger). Downside is less HP. As a scion ull have +3 to max life and -24% increased maximum life.

The build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAt9byl5tdqJpaUkrIbqo_J7XyKk2pbjWSFSAqOP6PiPEs6YPbTePdDfxLpldbr_zFqwvOcTGeTirQ7lb6Z6Byw2wWKaX3o-4Oh3bMBmJ5GtvveiP2Sn0V9vlj037v8AAGFfBaSOdUBfkk_dUAlwbEoi2DoSIZivT4-wmbtaJA9tpTNcM6AdEaj21sVi2v67VIrH9te1VLjDYmlVBCoi4OSF3yEZbjhJ2qcNWdo3C7wFFjQ2KscFL8q9kT1p1e-i9vj_rsGKdcSVEkPFptOlgEfocZ

Indeed, this build can be used fine with 5 link. I've been running 5 link for some time now and it works great with the combo you listed. Glad this build stayed viable through the update and thanks LeMing for the fun build.
Interesting build. I wonder if it is viable as CI. That means Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact. Essentially all the life nodes get swapped out for ES. The idea is to take advantage of Blood Rage and +2 Frenzy charges, and also allows us to replace Life Leech gem with something else or even make the build 5L viable. I am wondering if this is a good trade, to go CI because of blood rage. Auras will be Disc & Hatred. Primary defenses would be permanent uptime with surgeon's granites and CWDT+immortal call.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYFtQX5DPIOSA_EEHsRLxGWFSAV1xXwFfYX2BnVGtseGiT9KjgqTSpbKwosRiy_LOkvbzMMO3w8vT7PPydHBkrIUEJRR1ZjVvpbr13yXvpfamJ5Y0NuqnBScLtw1X_Ghq6IQohrjDaNv4_6lwado6IuoqOly6c0qW60xbVItfK297jKvea-OsBRwQDBxcLsw23EotA50O7SGdN-1QDVT9bR14bZE9sa3Q3ed-OE51TsGO4O73ryHfLh8-r1S_ej-WP8q_zF_5P_3g==

This build has 129% increased ES (including intelligence bonus) AND 12% MORE ES from infused shield). The original life build has 258% increased life.

Last edited by sausagemcmuffin on Mar 6, 2014, 6:02:15 PM
Sounds and looks promising, gonna try this out!
Is this build still viable after the newest update?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info