[HC] Xinryu's Life/ES Cold Witch

Bumping @ thread title formatting example.
https://twitch.tv/xinryu_
I'm currently in Merciless using this build and really loving it! I'm a SC player but decided to try this build for my first character and it's been really successful. The combo of skills is powerful and my defenses are high, but it doesn't feel like spell DPS suffers.

Had some trouble on the Act 3 boss in Cruel but once I switched to Skeletons on the totem and started using Ice Spear to supplement Freezing Pulse with my witch it went pretty smoothly. I started off with no real gear or crafting supplies, so this build does not seem dependent on twinking - I would really recommend it if a first-time player is looking for a build that'll take them to Merciless.

The toughest part for me has been finding gear with the appropriate gem slots, since it can be challenging to find linked R/G/B slots on chain gear. This isn't so bad though, it keeps you actively looking for good linked whites to upgrade into rares.

Thanks for the build Xinryu - I've tried a few other popular builds on these forums, but keep coming back to this cold Witch since it's effective and fun to play.

Great build, I'm really enjoying it so far. I have a question though, if you have a quality Freezing Pulse would you still use the Faster Projectiles gem with it or would you swap it out for something else?

Thanks.
How does this build do on solo lvl 70+ maps?

I have a 70 Elemental Bow shadow and while his damage is huge (works great for quick Docks runs) his survivability sucks so I have to do maps ultra slow to make sure I don't die.. Looking to start a new character for map farming ..
nvm lol
Last edited by Maximus_X on Feb 12, 2013, 11:43:20 PM
This build still viable?
IGN: Vanguardz

"The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
Is it better to wear armor/es instead of full es gear?
why not put low level build instead of level 70+

so that we all know which 1 to put.

cuz right now i am re-rolling >.<
hello. thanks for this build.

1) u run a lot of Auras, why not inner Force ?
2) from unnatural calm u go the long way right to the next lifenodes, why not the 3 notes under the 30 dex and str notes ?

Not sure why you went down the Shadow side to pick up Life nodes, when you could use this build for the same cost in passives and pick up an extra 8% Life node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info