[1.0.5] Cloak of Defiance RF/EK Witch

"
Astarte911 wrote:
Hi,

could you possibly post some numbers of your hp/manapool ?

I'm actually away on vacation atm so I can't take a screenshot, but from what I recall I was able to get something like 4.5k HP and about 700-800 unreserved mana for use with MoM (with a total mana pool of 3.5k+). This heavily depends on your gear, of course.

"
pacatino wrote:
from wich lvl i would be able to run RF having all the necessary equips?

You would have to calc it for yourself, but once you get to 75ish, you'll be able to run it if you run Vitality as well. One of the main important factors of running RF is having a high leveled Purity of Fire, so it's less dependent on your own level and more on the gem level!
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 28, 2013, 4:45:29 PM
"
Hrishi wrote:

You would have to calc it for yourself, but once you get to 75ish, you'll be able to run it if you run Vitality as well. One of the main important factors of running RF is having a high leveled Purity of Fire, so it's less dependent on your own level and more on the gem level!

this were are my auras.
Actually lvl 18 Purity of Fire (+2 from Alpha's howl)
Vitality lvl 16

Running Purity of Fire+Vitality+Clarity+Hatred:
-Fire Res: 89%
-Life per sec: 137.4 HP
-Total Life: 2139 HP

Actually i can run RF with a Ruby Flask(of course).
Any updates on this build? After ripping my first self made build at level 71 I was searching for a build outside of anything I have even thought of, and this fit the bill perfectly. Not to mention it didn't rely on a 6 link and/or another unique I will never afford. Wondering if I could get a video of this build in action to see what I am working towards. Or any suggestions from people who have run this build in nemesis.
I'm not sure if I could get a video anytime soon sorry :(, it does play very similar to any EK build, except that you'll be incredibly tanky from your mana and use RF for increasing your DPS a lot!

I didn't update anything with the last 2 patches since they honestly didn't change anything that this build can do. Both EK and running RF remain relatively unchanged.
Reaching 68 and doing some maps i do my pro and cons:
-Pro
High survability
Good projectile damage from EK
Clear pretty fast mobs packs
Many Auras for party

-Cons
Can't run many kind of maps
RF damage isn't enough and AOE also
*Low synergy RF-EK
*(Explain: EK is project. High-Range,RF is AOE low range. If you are able to kill mobs with EK only, RF is useless,they will not get damaged from RF. If mobs comes near to you they get killed with RF but EK is now useless 'cause they are in front of you and don't take all damage from projectiles)
Single target is a pain

ps: sorry for bad english
I made a version of this build with incinerate because it has synergy with RF where the sweet spot for max shotgun dps is point blank, and both scale with fire damage.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAdwCcQLjBLMFLQelGS4b-h8CJd8n1SftKPosnC0fNZI2xTwtQYdEq0WdR35JG0myTP9QUFRJVa5VxlcrWGNfP2BLYSFlTWh0bRl07XgNeqp674IQgh6Cx4TZhO-HZYjxjM-PRo-mlKCa4JwtogCkGacIqW6rxaxZr2yvt7Xytz64k7ndvorB88RYxPbFisauxtjPZdDQ1I_YJNpi2t3bC9-w4urnUudj6-7vDvAf8932SPno_go=

It's a great fun build, and the clear speed is the fastest i've played with. Ele resist is not a problem with fire pen and dual curse (curse immune blues still take longer to kill than most rares argh!) Needless to say, you do give up a lot of survivability since the points spent grabbing the regen nodes could be spent on block instead (cybil's paw incinerate block build) or life (pure RF build). For HC it's much riskier, but the dps tradeoff is significant enough to be worth it. Cloak of Defiance is perfect for leveling the witch since you are squishy until level 70+ otherwise because the life nodes are far away, and until I get to a high enough level that I can spare the 4 points for the keystone or get a chest with armor/evasion and 500+ es, i'll be keeping it for a long time.

I still lose 1.5% of life per second, but ruby flasks solves it ad hoc. Once I grab Sovreignty I can push another +1% max fire resist. I don't run Vitality since it reserves too much of my mana shield with no aura reserve passives.

Gear:

Spoiler

Still using moonsorrow at level 78, but it saves a socket for trusty blind totem :(
Incinerate tooltip is ~1400dps with RF on, which would be 28k if all 5 gmp hit if the calculation of base * 300% more at max stage * 59% more with RF is correct
Although it's more like 7k when fire resist of target is capped

Spoiler

Last edited by Seerah on Jan 26, 2014, 12:41:26 AM
Awesome! You make me want to reroll and give that a try as well. Glad to see people coming up with variants of this.

I do agree with the anti-synergy of RF and EK. Remember that I'm simply using RF as a spell damage buff and you can use this build with ANY spell you like as a main skill. I just happened to pick EK as I had never done it before. If I were to do it again (and I probably will when the next league starts!), I'd pick something different.
Last edited by Hrishi on Jan 31, 2014, 3:40:17 AM
Any chance for an updated build? I have a Marauder skill tree reset and would love to try the Righteous Fire + Cloak of Defiance combo.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
Any chance for an updated build? I have a Marauder skill tree reset and would love to try the Righteous Fire + Cloak of Defiance combo.

I'm actually working on an updated build, but I'm playing on Invasion so I'm progressing slowly! I'll update this thread within the week or so, depending on whether I survive that long.
"
Hrishi wrote:
I'm actually working on an updated build, but I'm playing on Invasion so I'm progressing slowly! I'll update this thread within the week or so, depending on whether I survive that long.

Great, and best of luck!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info