[1.0.5] Cloak of Defiance RF/EK Witch

Do you really gain enough mana/manareg with just 10% es, 74% mana to run high level AA?

I was going for a non-RF and keystone MoM build, but was very worried I'd not get enough manareg for AA without ES passives (gonna have 94% increased mana and 120% manareg from tree though). How does your build achieve the 300 or so mana/s for max level AA? If your build works, that's great - it'd make me confident in not picking ES nodes and going for more life and some pure armour nodes instead :)
How much mana you get from Eldrich Battery?
Do you find Life more important than Mana or Mana more important than Life? What nodes to take first?

----

Any video or screen about your stats (Amount of Mana,Life,Regen%,amour and AA running mana'..)?
The build is good and the only weak point i can found is the damage. gg

EDITED:
I'm newbie with PassiveTree and Witch but i had a Scion character so i tried to make a good Passive Tree for this build.
I made two version:
More Projectile Damage/No Eldrich Battery(i'm not sure about the high amount of Mana i can get from EB,maybe it's a big fault put it off)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwCcQSzBS0IZw48FE0XLxg8G8gb-h0UJLAl3ycLJ9Un7Sj6KS4ppTWSNug6UjwtPfxBh0KjQzFFnUd-SshM_04qUFBVxlXWWGNYr1pSXhNfP2BLYSFk52VNZ5todG5pbqp07XYId-N4DXqqeu98uICkgseE2YTvhtGI8YzPj0aTOpSgmuCbXaIApBmnCKiaqW6rxaxZrj6vbLXytkG3PriTvSe-isRYxLjE9sWKxq7PZdDQ1fjaYuLq52Pr7vAf8pfz3fZI-ej60v4K

Less Damage but i got Eldrich Battery
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAP0B3AJxBLMFLQhnDjwUTRSwFy8XUBg8G8gb-h0UJLAl3ycLJ9Un7Sj6KS4ppTWSNug6UjwtPfxBh0KjQzFFnUd-SshMLUz_TipQUFXGVdZYY1ivXhNfP2BLYSFk52VNZ5todG5pbqp07XYId-N4DXqqeu98uICkgh6Cx4TZhO-G0YjxjM-PRpM6lKCa4JuhogCkGacIqW6rxaxZrJiuPq9stfK2Qbc-uJO9J76KxFjEuMT2xYrGrs9l0NDV-Npi2wvi6udj6-7wH_Pd9kj31_no-tL-Cg==
Last edited by pacatino on Dec 18, 2013, 7:01:52 AM
"
pathhugo wrote:
Do you really gain enough mana/manareg with just 10% es, 74% mana to run high level AA?

Currently I'm able to run a level 19 AA with the build I have. I could comfortably run a higher level I'm pretty sure. This is not even the ceiling of the mana regen that is possible because there are a couple slots where I do not have mana regen (because good rings are so expensive...). Most of the regen comes from running Clarity stacked with the mana regen passives/nodes. Discipline also helps a lot with this.

"
pacatino wrote:
How much mana you get from Eldrich Battery?
Do you find Life more important than Mana or Mana more important than Life? What nodes to take first?

Life is technically more important than mana, but you need a certain amount of mana for the build to work. As a Witch, I didn't have to take many mana nodes at all as the starting nodes gave me enough mana to make it work. You might have to take a couple nodes as a Scion, or Alira's reward like I did. For that reason I would not recommend skipping Eldritch Battery, especially because Discipline gives you so much mana regen simply by turning it on!

And yes, the damage is slightly lacking too, but I have not tried to scale the damage at all since I've only been concerned with survival and being able to run RF. Now that both are taken care of, I'm mostly going to be scaling damage from hereon out.
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 18, 2013, 10:56:07 AM
Nice Build but Hrishi would this Build works for beeing a Culler ?
"
Azial wrote:
Nice Build but Hrishi would this Build works for beeing a Culler ?

Certainly would. If you want to just be an MF culler you can even ignore damage and focus on more utility. I'd get more aura passives so you can help your party instead of getting more damage. I do feel that running RF would be a waste under these circumstances, you'd probably want to turn it off for culling!
What if i would use Heartbreaker and Rise of Phoenix so i dont need Culling Strike, would RF makes sense then? sorry for these Questions.
"
Azial wrote:
What if i would use Heartbreaker and Rise of Phoenix so i dont need Culling Strike, would RF makes sense then? sorry for these Questions.

That's actually a very interesting suggestion. I'd do it. Just make sure you can get an Alpha's Howl so you can still get a high level of Purity of Fire! Make sure you can get rarity too.
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 18, 2013, 3:07:05 PM
cann u tell me exact hp/mana numbers?

im maybe building ur build into a pvp version if its really that tanky as u say :)

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
Last edited by trashs1 on Dec 19, 2013, 1:44:28 AM
"
trashs1 wrote:
cann u tell me exact hp/mana numbers?

im maybe building ur build into a pvp version if its really that tanky as u say :)

It really depends on the quality of your rare gear of course, but off the top of my head I had something like 4.5k-ish HP and like 2k+ Mana before casting Discipline? Usually left around 700-800 mana unreserved to be able to absorb hits with MoM.
E
Last edited by Bonedozer on Dec 19, 2013, 11:46:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info