[1.0.5] Cloak of Defiance RF/EK Witch

"
Bonedozer wrote:
At what point did you start using Arctic Armour or do you when do you recommend using it?

Around Cruel Docks. That's when I started using it. You can run it before if your gear is good but it's a little hard to support early on. As soon as you get a Cloak of defiance you'll generally have the mana regen to do it though. You'll usually want to grab Eldritch Battery around that time too, so it does help.
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 22, 2013, 6:10:39 PM
"
Ppitk wrote:
Hey, thinking of running this on a scion in nemesis. Will it have enough survivability with RF going? I made this passive tree for scion as I don't like hex master too much anyway. Could you give me some insight if this will work or not?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwCcQSzBS0IZxGWFE0XLxvIG_oc3B0UHaoelCSwJd8n1SftKPopLimlLagvbzWSPC09_EGHQzFFnUZxR35KyEz_TipQUFXGVdZYY14TXz9gS2EhZOdlTWebaHRuaW6qcLt07XfjeA16qnrvfLh_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhNmE74bRiPGMz49GkyeUoJrgogCio6QZpwipbqvFrD-sWa4-r2yxkLQMtfK2Qbc-t9a4k76KwfPEWMS4xPbFisauxtjPZdDQ1fjYTdkT2mLbC9tZ3FfhiOLq52Pr7vAf8932SPno-tL-Cg==

BTW love your cloak, probably my favorite item now.

Build looks fine. This will have quite a bit of survival, although you have planned for 113 points, which is a bit far off! You might have to run vitality or get the health regen before health in order to run RF till you hit that level though.
"
Astarte911 wrote:
Hi,

could you possibly post some numbers of your hp/manapool ?

I'm actually away on vacation atm so I can't take a screenshot, but from what I recall I was able to get something like 4.5k HP and about 700-800 unreserved mana for use with MoM (with a total mana pool of 3.5k+). This heavily depends on your gear, of course.

"
pacatino wrote:
from wich lvl i would be able to run RF having all the necessary equips?

You would have to calc it for yourself, but once you get to 75ish, you'll be able to run it if you run Vitality as well. One of the main important factors of running RF is having a high leveled Purity of Fire, so it's less dependent on your own level and more on the gem level!
Last edited by Hrishi on Dec 28, 2013, 4:45:29 PM
I'm not sure if I could get a video anytime soon sorry :(, it does play very similar to any EK build, except that you'll be incredibly tanky from your mana and use RF for increasing your DPS a lot!

I didn't update anything with the last 2 patches since they honestly didn't change anything that this build can do. Both EK and running RF remain relatively unchanged.
Awesome! You make me want to reroll and give that a try as well. Glad to see people coming up with variants of this.

I do agree with the anti-synergy of RF and EK. Remember that I'm simply using RF as a spell damage buff and you can use this build with ANY spell you like as a main skill. I just happened to pick EK as I had never done it before. If I were to do it again (and I probably will when the next league starts!), I'd pick something different.
Last edited by Hrishi on Jan 31, 2014, 3:40:17 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
Any chance for an updated build? I have a Marauder skill tree reset and would love to try the Righteous Fire + Cloak of Defiance combo.

I'm actually working on an updated build, but I'm playing on Invasion so I'm progressing slowly! I'll update this thread within the week or so, depending on whether I survive that long.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info