Deezy's Top Tier Exiles

"
Daresso wrote:

Very nice. How fun is playing that dual EK totem? My friend Zallaris used a dual EK totem-er and basically single handedly could faceroll 6 player HP maps.

I'll be honest I don't play it that much anymore. It does faceroll damage wise, but it's kind of squishy if I get caught in a bad spot at the wrong time. But my gear on it isn't really optimized. Also I've been playing Tank builds for so long and gotten used to rushing into every room no matter whats in it that the more squishy casters are just scary to play for me lol.

But I have a map buddy who plays a Dual EK totem, but his gear is way better and he's higher level and he straight dominates maps just like you mentioned. So the potential is there, I just haven't spent much time optimizing mine and getting used to it's playstyle.

It might be the build I focus on next after I get a few more levels on my tank mara.
Last edited by whoismiked on May 12, 2014, 10:23:51 AM
"
whoismiked wrote:
"
Daresso wrote:
Also I've been playing Tank builds for so long and gotten used to rushing into every room no matter whats in it that the more squishy casters are just scary to play for me lol.

I am completely on this page. My previous characters have been EK, Aegis, infernal Blow, RoA, all life based. I play CI characters terribly for this reason.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
I am completely on this page. My previous characters have been EK, Aegis, infernal Blow, RoA, all life based. I play CI characters terribly for this reason.

It's funny you mention those exact builds because those are the EXACT SAME builds I have played in the past except -infernal blow + Dominating blow.

I've always like tanky builds in HC leagues anyways, but also seeing a LOT of my buddys over the years rip has really made me want to stick to them even more lol.
Last edited by whoismiked on May 12, 2014, 11:29:38 AM
Would you mind posting your EK tree?
I just tried out EK myself today and I kind of liked it but I can't seem to figure out a good tree.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub
I updated my Aegis Tank skill tree since I leveled up and also respec'd another point. I removed blooddrinker node (2% life leech) and grabbed another DPS/life node in it's place. The only reason I did this was because I have 2% life leech on my gloves and also use blood rage, so I have massive life leech without that node. I recommend keeping that node though to anyone who doesn't have leech on gear and/or runs blood rage.

I also plan to change a few things in order to grab unwavering stance when I start doing Atziri runs again.

"
Kiluvaras wrote:
I just tried out EK myself today and I kind of liked it but I can't seem to figure out a good tree.

Which EK tree are you looking for? The build I currently have is a shadow build that uses Shavs chest, is energy shield based, and uses dual totems to cast the EK's. That build would not be recommended without VERY good ES gear. It is by no means a newer player friendly build.

If you are a newer player and want to make a EK character, I would recommend a life based self cast EK type build. Would you like a tree for that instead?

I'll update my thread with the link to my Shadow tree, but just ask if you want a Life based version and I will post it :)
Last edited by whoismiked on May 13, 2014, 10:15:00 AM
"
whoismiked wrote:
I updated my Aegis Tank skill tree since I leveled up and also respec'd another point. I removed blooddrinker node (2% life leech) and grabbed another DPS/life node in it's place. The only reason I did this was because I have 2% life leech on my gloves and also use blood rage, so I have massive life leech without that node. I recommend keeping that node though to anyone who doesn't have leech on gear and/or runs blood rage.

I also plan to change a few things in order to grab unwavering stance when I start doing Atziri runs again.

"
Kiluvaras wrote:

Which EK tree are you looking for? The build I currently have is a shadow build that uses Shavs chest, is energy shield based, and uses dual totems to cast the EK's. That build would not be recommended without VERY good ES gear. It is by no means a newer player friendly build.

If you are a newer player and want to make a EK character, I would recommend a life based self cast EK type build. Would you like a tree for that instead?

I'll update my thread with the link to my Shadow tree, but just ask if you want a Life based version and I will post it :)

Nvm. Already played around with my witch a bit.
Tree being this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFtQdjB6UOSA_EEHsRLREvEVARlhVQFdcWQBcvGYoajx0UIuoqEysKLJwspyy_LR8vbzt8O-FBlkNjSbJMs1AwVdZWLVZjVytY9VnzWitd8l8qY0Nk52ZPZp5tGXBScLtw1XFNfIN_xoCkgUmCEIV9hq6G0Yhri3qOvo9GmZqaz5u1naOdxKKjo_KnCKcrrH-yOLTFtve3MbiTuMq71r46wBrAUcEAwcXB88LswzrN6s3614bZE9sa217fsOL344TmgejW62Pr5PLh9Uv22vrS-wn8qw==
The dmg is good as long as I crit but it's way too slow paced and squishy for me. Kind of seems like all totems builds are weak as f*** these days.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub
"
Kiluvaras wrote:
"
whoismiked wrote:

"
Kiluvaras wrote:

Nvm. Already played around with my witch a bit.
Tree being this one:
The dmg is good as long as I crit but it's way too slow paced and squishy for me. Kind of seems like all totems builds are weak as f*** these days.

Ah I see, you are a ES crit totem build also :) Your tree looks pretty close to mine, but there are some differences. I updated my thread with mine.

But I do agree completely that the build is very squishy, which is one of the reason I don't play it very often anymore.

The build pretty much relies on insane gear to get a massive ES pool to buffer the damage it takes and relies on as much top tier crit and damage on gear as possible to obliterate mobs before they get a chance to get to you. Without top tier gear this build is very risky to play, My gear is ok ... but not good enough for me to feel safe playing it :/ That character is on the backburner for me until I decide I want to invest in better gear for it.

I have a buddy who uses this same build but all his gear is absolutely insane and he destroys everything in 6 man maps, so it has potential .. but without crazy gear, it severely lacks survivablity.
Last edited by whoismiked on May 13, 2014, 11:26:21 AM
Even with crazy gear, I do not think this build is end-game material. The problem relies in the lack of armor mostly and it's not possible to depend on your totems because even in a god damn 73 map my lvl 20 totems get 2hit by white mobs. I do enjoy watching them 1 hit even blues and stometimes rares when it crits though. I was at 50 smth crit chance with 6 power charges and 750 multiplier or so.
Anyways I believe it's finally time to give up my hopes on ever having a viable totem build again ever since they killed off spark and ruined totems.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub
"
Kiluvaras wrote:
Even with crazy gear, I do not think this build is end-game material. The problem relies in the lack of armor mostly and it's not possible to depend on your totems because even in a god damn 73 map my lvl 20 totems get 2hit by white mobs. I do enjoy watching them 1 hit even blues and stometimes rares when it crits though. I was at 50 smth crit chance with 6 power charges and 750 multiplier or so.
Anyways I believe it's finally time to give up my hopes on ever having a viable totem build again ever since they killed off spark and ruined totems.

You are probably right as far as soloing goes. The fellow I map with that uses that build has me (tank) and other people keeping things off of him and his totems. I am not sure how he preforms solo, probably not good just like you are experiencing, but when he has us with him he obliterates all the mobs with his crazy damage.

I personally have gotten so used to builds that can take hits and be fine I just can't bring myself to play squishy characters anymore :(

And yeah I used to have a spark totem farmer, it's a damn shame they nerfed them into the ground >_<
"
whoismiked wrote:
"
Kiluvaras wrote:

You are probably right as far as soloing goes. The fellow I map with that uses that build has me (tank) and other people keeping things off of him and his totems. I am not sure how he preforms solo, probably not good just like you are experiencing, but when he has us with him he obliterates all the mobs with his crazy damage.

I personally have gotten so used to builds that can take hits and be fine I just can't bring myself to play squishy characters anymore :(

And yeah I used to have a spark totem farmer, it's a damn shame they nerfed them into the ground >_<

Haha yeah. I guess after playing RF for a while, everything starts to seem quishy compared to it.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info