Alt-Tab FPS Drop - A Detailed Analysis

Lol this issue has been around for a long time i see. And no answers about a fix?

Sometimes when i alt tab and go back to my client the fps has dropped to like 20-30.

Wierd enough what fixes it for me is making a portal to town, going to town, going back into the portal and the frames are back to normal... Obviously this is burning through my scrolls
I still notice that returning to the game after Alt-Tabbing results in severe performance drops around light sources and stutter occurs as light sources start outputting light/you get near them.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 5, 2015, 2:04:27 AM
After this last patch 2.3.3 this problems occurs to me too and the problem is that when i go back to the game the core clock of the gpu gets stuck at 540 MHz instead of going up to 1480 MHz . Bless Alt Tabing
same prob here and i have no idea what triggers it only now the game gets pixelated because of the xbox support res drop thing and it still has a frame drop. sometimes it stops after a couple of mins sometimes i need to restart
idk whats the prob its kinda annoying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info