[THE CARWASH] WoE + BoR ‡‡‡ Cyclone // Dualstrike (1/12/2014)

How much mana regen, mana, do you need to sustain attacking from mana with your dual strike setup? I'm doing a build in HC without bringer and I'm using blood magic, but would like to be able to use added fire instead, or life leech for hard maps. I tried with just 2% mana leech and couldn't sustain more than 2 or 3 attacks.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wSzBS0SIBQgFE0ZLho4G_ohYCXfJ-0ppTIJNJM1kjboOtg64TwtQKBHfkp9SshN2E3jTipQR1BQVElYY1ivWfNZ_luvXotfP2BLYSFjcGVNZadnoGxGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu982YFvhNmE74d2iPGMdozPkFWVm5krnjyfy6IApBmmV6cwp4SpbqvFrFmsqrXytkG3PrndvYG-ir6nwBrE9sauxtjP-NSP3Q3iYeLq51LnY-w47w7v4_Af8i_yRfZI9778xf4K_o8=

That's my build at the moment. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
@UnfairMonopoly
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
How much mana regen, mana, do you need to sustain attacking from mana with your dual strike setup? I'm doing a build in HC without bringer and I'm using blood magic, but would like to be able to use added fire instead, or life leech for hard maps. I tried with just 2% mana leech and couldn't sustain more than 2 or 3 attacks.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wSzBS0SIBQgFE0ZLho4G_ohYCXfJ-0ppTIJNJM1kjboOtg64TwtQKBHfkp9SshN2E3jTipQR1BQVElYY1ivWfNZ_luvXotfP2BLYSFjcGVNZadnoGxGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu982YFvhNmE74d2iPGMdozPkFWVm5krnjyfy6IApBmmV6cwp4SpbqvFrFmsqrXytkG3PrndvYG-ir6nwBrE9sauxtjP-NSP3Q3iYeLq51LnY-w47w7v4_Af8i_yRfZI9778xf4K_o8=

I run with
which gives tons of mana regen AND increases max mana. I also run clarity with Grace. On top of all of that, I have 2% mana leech from one of my rings. I can sustain for approx. half a dozen attacks before I start running out of mana while not hitting anything. The requirement reduction on the amulet helps a lot with int problems as well..
No mercy for the weak. No pity for the dying. No tears for the slain.
Last edited by sladverr on Dec 16, 2013, 12:20:52 PM
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:

Are you running Wings of Entropy? Also, it seems you're stacking way more life than damage. If your damage is low, you won't benefit from mana leech.

I'll make some revisions to the build and let you decide for yourself. Best of luck.

I understand it looks very similar to my base build, but the basis is always the same. If you're using Wings of Entropy, it's considered a two-handed weapon, but you're also dual-wielding, so both types of nodes will boost your damage... Therefore, I picked up Wrecking Ball on the left side, which increases two-handed weapon damage and attack speed, among other things.

If you have anymore questions or want to discuss this some more, feel free to leave another post. I don't mind giving a hand. Have fun.
"
sladverr wrote:

Are you running Wings of Entropy? Also, it seems you're stacking way more life than damage. If your damage is low, you won't benefit from mana leech.

I'll make some revisions to the build and let you decide for yourself. Best of luck.

I understand it looks very similar to my base build, but the basis is always the same. If you're using Wings of Entropy, it's considered a two-handed weapon, but you're also dual-wielding, so both types of nodes will boost your damage... Therefore, I picked up Wrecking Ball on the left side, which increases two-handed weapon damage and attack speed, among other things.

If you have anymore questions or want to discuss this some more, feel free to leave another post. I don't mind giving a hand. Have fun.

I'm using Wings of Entropy, yeah. My damage isn't low, by any means. 16k melee splash, 20k added fire. 6.7k life, since I'm in HC, and planning on using Kaom's if I can get a new one. Don't want to risk losing my legacy one. But obviously I'd prefer to have 20k melee splash dps, rather than 16k. That would only be possible if I could drop blood magic gem. I guess my question is, do you feel constrained by your choice to use mana to support your attacks? Are you ever in situations where you feel like you can't freely dual strike when there are mobs about? Being able to leech life 100% of the time that you want to be able to is pretty important, I feel.

And I'm going to be getting Wrecking Ball at level 90.

@UnfairMonopoly
Last edited by ZiggySobotka on Dec 16, 2013, 12:59:37 PM
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
"
sladverr wrote:

I'm using Wings of Entropy, yeah. My damage isn't low, by any means. 16k melee splash, 20k added fire. 6.7k life, since I'm in HC, and planning on using Kaom's if I can get a new one. Don't want to risk losing my legacy one. But obviously I'd prefer to have 20k melee splash dps, rather than 16k. That would only be possible if I could drop blood magic gem. I guess my question is, do you feel constrained by your choice to use mana to support your attacks? Are you ever in situations where you feel like you can't freely dual strike when there are mobs about? Being able to leech life 100% of the time that you want to be able to is pretty important, I feel.

And I'm going to be getting Wrecking Ball at level 90.

I never have problems when I'm fighting monsters. Also, Warlord's Mark is on CwDT gem, so I also gain life/mana leech there, which is really nice. I wish I could use blood magic but still keep my damage and run the auras I need, but you have to make a sacrifice somewhere. My sacrifice is not running Hatred aura.
Newbie here. How do you get to dual wield a two handed weapon?
"
Losttsol wrote:
Newbie here. How do you get to dual wield a two handed weapon?

This unique only.
Why do you show a chest armor in your gear when you have BoR?
You put the chest armor on BEFORE you put on Bringer of Rain, which renders it useless. You can then level gems in the chest armor even though you don't benefit from the stats on it...
That's why I use a 6-socket chest armor.
^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info