Zealot's Oath

I have significant doubts that this keystone will influence flasks, but obviously I have not seen evidence one way or the other.

It certainly wont do a think to leech because that's stepping on the toes of ghost reaver.
Not that anyone said it would.

Its influence on CI is yet to be seen. As it stands I am scared for anyone who even thinks about using CI because chaos over time maps will literally prevent them from participating.
Also viper strike will essentially be a death sentence.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
I'm going to make some inferences here...

So for players who plan to take CI and Zealot's Oath,

1) what happens to the ES time delay? Will the ES still regenerate when you're taking hits? Is this negated? Do you still need to duck out of combat then?

2) Once you leave combat, with ES regenerates as is now, the ES regen rate is very very quick, allowing you to get back into combat relatively quickly. In OB, will this ES regen rate going to be drastically reduced come OB? it appears so otherwise why take ZO then?
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
I have an shortrange templar caster and my current regen is 4% without really good gear (except a good weapon and shield but also no regen on gear and no regen totem yet)

My build is pretty offensive (aoe+crit+dmg) but I am capable to tank in a lot of situations in all merciless lvls

Getting a high regeneration rate is not so difficult using skills and items - even without spending too much passives...

ES with regeneration could make my build OP in terms of defence
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 21, 2013, 9:45:46 PM
My level 66 witch hasn't even taken CI yet, but I can reach pain attunement. This certainly will enhance the survivability of low life builds, esp when paired with Soul Reaver. But I am still unsure about my concerns as stated in my previous post.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
I'm going to make some inferences here...

So for players who plan to take CI and Zealot's Oath,

1) what happens to the ES time delay? Will the ES still regenerate when you're taking hits? Is this negated? Do you still need to duck out of combat then?

2) Once you leave combat, with ES regenerates as is now, the ES regen rate is very very quick, allowing you to get back into combat relatively quickly. In OB, will this ES regen rate going to be drastically reduced come OB? it appears so otherwise why take ZO then?

I'd guess that zealot won't affect the normal regen of ES. If you have passive life regen combined with zealot, it'll keep ticking even when you take hits. The proper recharge won't start until you've been out of combat long enough (and out of combat, they'd stack)

But (as said on a post before too) I'm guessing that zealot will take the life regen based on your base life. Assuming you'd have 1.5% life regen, zealot and CI, that'd mean you regen 1.5% of 1HP on your ES every second, which probably rounds to 0.

"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Its influence on CI is yet to be seen. As it stands I am scared for anyone who even thinks about using CI because chaos over time maps will literally prevent them from participating.
Also viper strike will essentially be a death sentence.

CI is still supposed to give total immunity to chaos damage, they just removed the 50% more ES.

"
Chris wrote:

Passive Skill Balance:
  • Chaos Inoculation now grants no additional energy shield bonus. Its complete immunity to chaos damage, synergy with Blood Rage and other skill combos are deemed sufficient upside to counteract the life penalty.
    IGN: Jid
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70900

One alpha member's thoughts on ZO right here.
    My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
    Let me get the math straight since I haven't found the answer.

Let's say I have 10% life regen, 200 life, 100 ES

Do I get 20 ES per second regen (10% of 200 life)
    Or do I get 10 ES per second regen (10% of 100 ES)

Basically, does the regen calculate before or after converting to ES?
    Either way, it's still nothing on Ghost Reaver.
    "
    Whoaness wrote:
    Let me get the math straight since I haven't found the answer.

Let's say I have 10% life regen, 200 life, 100 ES

Do I get 20 ES per second regen (10% of 200 life)
    Or do I get 10 ES per second regen (10% of 100 ES)

Basically, does the regen calculate before or after converting to ES?

im also very interested in this
    "
    Whoaness wrote:

20 ES per second regen (10% of 200 life)

Should be this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info