[1.0.3b] The Light of Divinity - CI Storm Call 3x Totem Build [SC]

Playing a very similar build to this one. It's alot of fun! Personally i'm nog getting the crit nodes , the 4 percent base is so low, we already have 25 percent to shock and it just gets cast so much. I had to turn down my settings because the effects were so hard on my fps lol.
It's a really nice looking build. If I want to can I change my skill to arc while using this build?
Would it be viable to use Freexing Pulse instead of Ice Spear?
"
DonPapi wrote:
Would it be viable to use Freexing Pulse instead of Ice Spear?

Freezing Pulse has a limited range; Ice spear offers range and has a 600% increased crit chance in its second form. Since you should avoid standing next to mobs all the time, Ice Spear is a better choice.

"
terawatt wrote:
It's a really nice looking build. If I want to can I change my skill to arc while using this build?

This has already been covered: Arc is not as much damage, particularly for single targets. Still, Arc may be usable and requires no re-speccing (in my opinion).
Why do you pick 1 life nod and 1 purity of flesh nod during the 30'3 if you're gonna get CI later on?

Also, what are the benefits of getting CI? Since you don't deal phys dmg you cant take advantage of certain gems or blood rage, it seems that you're just giving up your whole HP in exchange for inmunity to chaos which is practically nonexistant.
Last edited by DonPapi on Dec 31, 2013, 5:11:59 PM
"
Why do you pick 1 life nod and 1 purity of flesh nod during the 30'3 if you're gonna get CI later on?

Why not use the free respec points the game offers and increase the chances of surviving in the early levels until the transition to CI?

"
Also, what are the benefits of getting CI?

The build does not use a lot of defensive nodes. ES can easily be boosted by Discipline and items with only a few nodes, in contrast to HP. With such a low HP pool and no leech, Undying Alchemists, Chaos dmg maps, etc are deadly.
Instead of using the Grace aura, with a CI build you can carry a few Granites (my suggestion: 2x Granites, 1x Quicksilver, 1x Jade, 1x Mana) since you don't need any HP pots.
But ultimately, the choice is up to you; you can certainly try to do a similar, life based build. I just think it won't be as effective as a CI build, but maybe still viable :-)
"
FritzXP wrote:
"

Why not use the free respec points the game offers and increase the chances of surviving in the early levels until the transition to CI?

"
Also, what are the benefits of getting CI?

The build does not use a lot of defensive nodes. ES can easily be boosted by Discipline and items with only a few nodes, in contrast to HP. With such a low HP pool and no leech, Undying Alchemists, Chaos dmg maps, etc are deadly.
Instead of using the Grace aura, with a CI build you can carry a few Granites (my suggestion: 2x Granites, 1x Quicksilver, 1x Jade, 1x Mana) since you don't need any HP pots.
But ultimately, the choice is up to you; you can certainly try to do a similar, life based build. I just think it won't be as effective as a CI build, but maybe still viable :-)

Thanks for the quick answer, im following this build because it seems fun. Is it tough sustaining the mana costs given that having Discipline active has a lot of your pool on reserve? I have about 40c to fun this build do you think its enough?
I did have some mana issues, but only until I started using totems. With Discipline and Clarity (Clarity lvl 10-15, so not fully leveled), I have enough mana to cast all 3 totems at once and curse afterwards. That is without the Voidbringer gloves! The Reduced Mana Gem is a must. Also, little 5% less Mana reserved node near the Shadow helps.

The only item you really need is a 4L Soul Mantle. As soon as you go CI, Eye of Chaluya helps a lot to prevent perma-stun (you can use another amulet and see whether it works out for you, maybe you don't even need it). 40c is plenty to buy both. Of course, the more currency you have, the more you can invest in end-game high ES items, like helms/shields with 400+/500+ ES. This will (greatly) boost your survivability, but these items are expensive. Also, a 5L Soul Mantle helps dealing additional damage with the Lightning Penetration support gem, but at the time I bought it, they were going for around 3ex.
I really like this build.
Create to mimic immediately, it became LV63.
It's high DPS, very funny build.

But no defense capability.

I was at a party challenge to the dominus Merciless.
I would have died instantly even attack enemy of small fish.

My ES is around 2500.
Equipment is main MF.

ES is too small for it is I know, What should I do to not die ?
Hi mate,
I'm having super fun with this build, question is - will you update it after 1.2.0 patch?
Thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info