Barrage

"
GhettoJesus wrote:
I imagine this wouldn't be bad on a fast element bow(or wand) with knockback/chain/chaos damage/mana leech(or WEP)/faster attack/gmp or slower projectiles. Kite mobs that'll never reach you and use frenzy for single target and insert any bow aoe skill for mobs. Method to the madness & mings rings + voltaxic rift also come to mind with barrage.

It's just not amazing on phys build because of how armour works in this game.

This is fast elemental bow for early .. links with Split arrow is how i creep through maps atm. Barrage is piece of crap even with fast elemental cause 1st of all you can't kite mobs while spraying that 40% out of base dmg joke. To put chain on barrage would be insane due to spliting your dmg even further:D yes you can mby stack up shock faster but it will still kill slower than LA, Split,frenzy, Roa. Terrible nerf on dmg is what makes this crap of skill not desirable.

And to that other guy that said "this is not main attack skill, it was made to be used as proc skill". Why would you want to waste your time to proc shit when you can do same with other abs and do dmg ... only way Barrage is worth while is to proc knockback for pvp ... but since pvp is next to non existent in this game .....
"
This skill appears to have an additional hidden penalty to attack speed when dual wielding wands. With my character screen open, when I equip my second wand, this skill's attacks per second goes down. This is noticeable in gameplay too.

That said, the skill's DPS actually goes up when you use it while dual wielding, so I assume each hit is actually doing damage from both wands, like dual strike. Still, would be nice if it mentioned these things in the skill tooltip.

if its dw like dual strike then it averages the 2 aps on the wand just like dual strike. equip the slower one first then faster to see if tooltip aps goes up. =D

anyways the skil is obviously only usable for massive proc damages. barrage chain? cocc coldsnap coldsnap coldsnap

why the hell dont it have integrated chain with such low output?
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Dec 13, 2013, 10:48:54 AM
Damage aside, this seems like it could be a great defensive skill for bows & wands.

Barrage + GMP + Life Gain on Hit + Blind with a fast weapon.
How viable would it be to use this skill with a max conversion blackgleam and avatar of fire so all physical damage is converted to fire, allowing it to benefit from fire penetration and both wed and physical projectile attack damage support gems (both being More bonuses)? Making it pure elemental damage would also remove issues with armor, arctic armor could help against reflect

I'd guess it would still be subpar to burning arrow either way?
Fire generally wants single big hits rather than multiple smaller hits for the burning damage. Barrage would work well with lightning though for rapid shock stacking.
I would really like to hear GGG's reasoning behind this skill. In my opinion it should be better than frenzy as it's more niche for a bow build, but it's not even close as far as I can tell. I'm level 78 phsyical/attack speed/crit shadow build using point blank passive with quality gmp, attack speed, increased projectile dmg, and increased crit multiplier support gems as a test, and it probably takes double the time to kill enemies than frenzy (on full frenzy charges).

Edit: the damage stat is also calculated per arrow I believe, even though it says dps? Can someone verify this?
Last edited by esotericdaemon on Dec 13, 2013, 1:00:06 PM
i know how to make it work. barrage cast on crit frost wall.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon wrote:
i know how to make it work. barrage cast on crit frost wall.

But a skill gem shouldn't be entirely based on a support gem; it should work on it's own first and foremost. But as a defensive skill I could see it as pretty decent; blind/knockback on a single enemy would probably work pretty great.
Last edited by esotericdaemon on Dec 13, 2013, 1:24:44 PM
I'm satisfied with Barrage as a proc skill.. I'm using it with elemental proliferation, added electric damage, and chain.. damage on it's own for me is ok but giving the electric stacks out like a boss makes it a good set up for other things.
Delete Barrage. Start over from scratch.

Aimed Shot: After a short delay, you fire a powerful shot that pierces all targets in a line.

200% Weapon Efficiency
0.6 cast time
Phys to light, yo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info