I am very disappointed the Rain/Lightning effects are seen only at the start of the game

Hi there

While I have found most of the game perfect save for character animation, I am really disappointed there is no option to turn on that epic thunder storm I first witnesses when I was on the beach.

Shadows are impressive I want it to rain the entire game.

This game is supposed to be dark and gloomy, raining lighting storm with horrific shadows.

Its there at the start of the game then its gone I never see it again.

HUGE disappointment for me to say the least.

If was up to me and I could type in a command to make it rain all the time like how you can do it in Heroes of Newerth I would do it.

I have actually lost interest in the game because of this.

This is supposed to be a realistic game according to GGG. Not the cartoony games we are accustomed to.

Well where I live when it rains like how it rains in this game, it don't just magically cut off after 10 minutes when you enter a gate.

Please give us this option. if not I hope someone comes up with a way to mod this game.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jan 21, 2013, 3:25:05 AM
Well I actually hope to add more weather in the next 2 months. I just need this weather particle emitter. Currently I can only do rain (not heavy rain). The ledge is a sellotaped together effect which works only in its case. Dont worry it pains me too to see no real stuff like that. The fetid pools has a little of enviro depth effects going on but its rather inconsistent.

I want more brutal dark horrible weather.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Well I actually hope to add more weather in the next 2 months. I just need this weather particle emitter. Currently I can only do rain (not heavy rain). The ledge is a sellotaped together effect which works only in its case. Dont worry it pains me too to see no real stuff like that. The fetid pools has a little of enviro depth effects going on but its rather inconsistent.

If there's no feed-back from other things on your screen/game world, while those dark horrible weather are going on, that would be rather bad. But I guess that would require even more work on your animation department :/
Do take note though.
Sweeping Maid
Hell yeah. Weather is always so underused in video games. Simple day/night/dusk and weather variations on the outdoor maps would be FANTASTIC, including sunny/overcast/light rain variations on the towns.

I think Path of Exile, even with Act III, is still somewhat crude compared to Diablo II in terms of an engrossing world and story line. But Path of Exile also uses the infamous "zoomed in" view and I think that different perspective changes the available means of setting the tone and the feeling of the world of Wraeclast. Se perhaps for PoE it's small touches like that, adding mood and variation instead of the intricate detail of Diablo II's pre-rendered towns which I spent hours examlinig every nook and cranny...
I think if you could even manage some random variation in weather and lighting effects with outdoor areas, it might be a nice way to add a good bit of extra variety to each play through. Obviously you'd want to balance that against trying to convey a specific mood with the area in question.

The dramatic change after killing Merveil and making your way out into the bright lush forests is worth preserving to some degree for example. It can be nice to keep some level of executive control over that sort of thing if you're adding in random weather elsewhere. But if rain was to happen to roll in before you'd even made your way to the Forest Encampment, it might even add an extra twist to the effect of that area.

There's also the question of how a day/night cycle would interact with the environmental effects of the plot of Act 2. Of course, you could make sure that the nights in Act 2 were relatively bright and silvery compared to the shadow of Vaal and still get the point across. But yeah, I think it would be great to occasionally experience some of these areas at dawn or dusk especially, and I know from your old YouTube video that you have some degree of dynamic control over the lighting. :)
"
Russell wrote:

Excellent!!!

Best news I ever heard.

Make sure we see a lot less of that pretty sunlight we currently see. I don't want pretty bright sky most of the time.

The epic Lightning storm is what makes this game unique and epic.

I want the opposite how it is now, 80% of the game raining and lighting storm it just looks sooo scary. That epic start stranded on the beach has to be the best I have ever seen in any video game since the feel of Doom 3 for the first time.

Even the menu you see it raining. Everything at the start of this game suggests one would expect this type of atmosphere most of the game.

I am soo excited now can't wait!!!
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Thanks Russell; I'll chime in with the "we <3 awful weather" crowd; really seems to fit this game's overall mood.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
this is something i was talking many times and was literally spamming when krip had streaming with Chris.I whould like serious and scary ambient in this game and that can be done with weather.What i was suggesting wasnt just rain,game should add fog on certain map,there is nothing more scary then fog on hostile lands.Now i know that those weather effects,especially fog whould probably reduce performance quality of the game on lower rated PC thats why i think that whould be good to have option to turn on/off weather.Game whould seem soo much more horror then this.Also what i whould like is too see skeletons on the ground,heads on the spike and stuff such as that.
Last edited by sallee on Jan 22, 2013, 9:58:08 AM
Oh my guys see my post about it guys ,

i dont condone for those who can handle it but the blinking light can cause serious concern to people like me who are prone to epileptic seizures.

i am not too sure my neurologist would approve of the constant blinking lights , i logged in 10 seconds and got so confused afterwards in real life i had to watch the floor , turn the game off and still felt dizzy for an hour.

constant blinking flash of lights is whats causing it , if anyone remember the simpsons where he goes to japan and bart watch tv there well its pretty much like that.

on a humourous side it looks pretty much like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzTpjh-NsQ
Generally I agree. The rapid flashes of extreme light along the starter area however are not something I wish to see, so if it's added elsewhere, please include an option to disable it. I prefer to play PoE without a skull-splitting headache.
:D
In-Game-Name: Lezli

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info