I wonder what the original ideas for D3 were.

"
Maschine wrote:
Yeh thats what I figured, but it was mentioned in a few earlier reviews of the progress; Blizzard scraped a couple of the original ideas in the early 2000's. I wonder if it was because it was modeled too much like Diablo 2. Since plans for D3 had begun in 2000 and wow came out in 2004.

...I,ve aleready talked about that before...

But to explain it shortly:

Blizzard North was fired by Blizzard South because the Diablo 3 they were working on back then was not similar to WoW. In 2005 Blizzard North is completely destroyed because they were trying to make a real Diablo game and not a WoW game...

Thats why we haft to wait 12 fucking years for a game thats not even a Diablo game at all.

If Blizzard North had continued then (maybe) we would have Diablo 4 or 5 by now.
"
Maschine wrote:
Yeh thats what I figured, but it was mentioned in a few earlier reviews of the progress; Blizzard scraped a couple of the original ideas in the early 2000's. I wonder if it was because it was modeled too much like Diablo 2. Since plans for D3 had begun in 2000 and wow came out in 2004.

...I,ve aleready talked about that before...

But to explain it shortly:

Blizzard North was fired by Blizzard South because the Diablo 3 they were working on back then was not similar to WoW. In 2005 Blizzard North is completely destroyed because they were trying to make a real Diablo game and not a WoW game...

Thats why we haft to wait 12 fucking years for a game thats not even a Diablo game at all.

If Blizzard North had continued then (maybe) we would have Diablo 4 or 5 by now.
Sorry for double post...... It happened due to fucking god damn annoying duplitecate submission bug...
Oh ic! damn what could have been.
Xbox 360- Isonul
PoE- Isonul (social char)
Pm me anytime :)
"
Maschine wrote:
Oh ic! damn what could have been.

I hope you are informed about this video..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmE5t1EvM8

Naturally we have a bunch of WoW fans trolling the positive comments of that video.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE, thank you for revealing this to me. I feel my life would be completely different if this had been released... no university, girlfriend or job but would have enjoyed every second of it.
Xbox 360- Isonul
PoE- Isonul (social char)
Pm me anytime :)
* An open overworld, with instanced dungeons. Immediately after the events in Diablo 2; a story that's basically the second Sin War.

Really that's it. Mythos instead of a Diablo 2 rehash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info