What is up with poeple not understanding satire/sarcasm?

Oh and dont forget non native english speakers might not get english speaking peoples sarcasm.
"
Oh and dont forget non native english speakers might not get english speaking peoples sarcasm.

^This.

English people speaking in sarcastic manners aren't displaying any at all.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

The was a very good Archer episode where idioms were at the heart of of the story.

I found it very funny.
"
Moonyu wrote:
The was a very good Archer episode where idioms were at the heart of of the story.

I found it very funny.

You mean Cate Archer from NOLF? :P
No.

Archer. That's the name of the show. I highly recommend it.

I would link to it, but can't while at work.
Of course you all mean this one...

Spoiler

Other questions and commments..

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
What exactly are "poeple"?

Spoiler
You forgot the grammar police.

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Seriously you guys..

Spoiler
Incredibly chauvanistic to not include gals...
Spoiler
You forgot over sensitive feminist.

"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
And for the record: "sarcasm" is not synonomous with "trolling".

Spoiler
So now we are all stupid????
Spoiler
You forgot obvious trolls is a troll.

"

Wow... why don't you just stereotype folks from other countries as stupid?
Spoiler
You forgot over sensitive obvious trolls... kind of a hybrid breed here :)

"
Hardlicker wrote:
I don't want to get all preachy but seriously, when you start a thread that seems ridiculous, it's probably intentional.

That's a fair dose of reality....
Spoiler
You forgot no one cares about reality.

"
Moonyu wrote:
Is this ironic?

Fair question...
Spoiler
You forgot to make a comment about Hardlicker.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Dec 7, 2013, 4:57:45 PM
"
Moonyu wrote:
That's because of the beach!

What happened on the beach this day stays on the beach, not even Christ_GGG found out about it.
Meanwhile i´m trying to confince 6 Sandspitters to dig a hole, a big one, but they don´t act yet in unification.
And searching for the answer why every1 runs far away when i say the two cursed letters *Hi* in combination.

I already got a Blueprint for the hole, chose the beach because noone expect you Mooner will be able to find it.
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Dec 7, 2013, 12:40:01 PM
"
Lachdanan wrote:
"
Moonyu wrote:
That's because of the beach!

What happened on the beach this day stays on the beach, not even Christ_GGG found out about it.
Meanwhile i´m trying to confince 6 Sandspitters to dig a hole, a big one, but they don´t act yet in unification.
And searching for the answer why every1 runs far away when i say the two cursed letters *Hi* in combination.

I already got a Blueprint for the hole, chose the beach because noone expect you Mooner will be able to find it.
Spoiler

What did I do to you to deserve this? I mean besides that other thing back then. Or that other time. You remember.

And your Oracle status as been revoked. Mostly because you didn't see it coming.
Yep, here in 'Muricah, we got a rag called the Constitution that essentially says, among other things, that I don't have to be fucking PC, and there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about it short of personal defamation, blacklisting, assassination and the like.

So if any of you high roller, dirty ass hippie, pole puffin, muff divin, middle eastern, left wing, right wing, gun toting redneck commie pinko terrorists got a problem with that, to expand on what Moon said; Fuck Off!
I hope I didn't offend anyone by not including them in my list.

Spoiler

www.jeffbradleyphotography.com
"
Yep, here in 'Muricah, we got a rag called the Constitution that essentially says, among other things, that I don't have to be fucking PC, and there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about it short of personal defamation, blacklisting, assassination and the like.

So if any of you high roller, dirty ass hippie, pole puffin, muff divin, middle eastern, left wing, right wing, gun toting redneck commie pinko terrorists got a problem with that, to expand on what Moon said; Fuck Off!
I hope I didn't offend anyone by not including them in my list.

You shouldn't be so obviues it is not in the spirit of this thread.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info