Day 6.

Here we are basically a week later, and still nothing to report. It undermines the competitive race scene with every season that goes by without action.

Yesterday I spent some time glancing through the top racers by points in season 1 and 2, and I Could not find a single person banned for any reason.

I find the odds of this to be very, very low.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I agree with you that cheating needs to be addressed. Perhaps GGG wants to finish Act 4 before they address exploits that don't significantly impact the game economy.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Day 8 should be dedicated to Caturday.

As should day 15, and day 22, if GGG continues to ignore this issue.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It's very clear ggg does not care too much for racing in general at the moment, atleast that is how i feel. But then again, only about 3-5% of playerbase race and 0,0001% seriously so there is no real incentive to put much effort into fixing stuff ruining races. At the moment it would seem that ggg simply doesn't have any way to say who is maphacker and who is not (yet they refuse to use massive amount of racing data saved on different sites to deal with this issue)
Theyre never going to be able to tell whos maphacking, since it can be done entirely clientside and would pretty much require the player to do something retarded to get caught.

They can eliminate maphacking almost completely by streaming the map seed instead of sending the whole thing in advance. Should have done this from the start; what made them go with a method that trusts the client and has been proven to be massively friendly to easy cheating is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps streaming the seed was just beyond their coding abilities at the time, who knows.

As for zoomhacking, again, not much they can do as far as detection goes without the client doing something stupid first, and unfortunately streaming the map seed wont fix it either.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
As for zoomhacking, again, not much they can do as far as detection goes without the client doing something stupid first, and unfortunately streaming the map seed wont fix it either.
They can mitigate this be increasing the precision with which monster/terrain positions are fed to the client. But, yes, cannot be eliminated fully. Actually, the same logic applies to maphack; you still need to feed some (but not all) to the client in advance.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
You don't need to feed it to the client in advance.

Just have the client kinda guess what the terrain looks like, and hope it's not too far from what is actually happening on the server. It's what they do for monster and player positions currently, and seems to work fine, so why not use it for terrain positions too?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Just have the client kinda guess what the terrain looks like, and hope it's not too far from what is actually happening on the server. It's what they do for monster and player positions currently, and seems to work fine, so why not use it for terrain positions too?

ya, its not like there are desync problems already or anything.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

They need to patch this in for a day next april fools.
IGN: KoTao
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

I hope this is sarcasm. But... Poe's Law...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info