New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

"
Completed 4 Challengesyhateful wrote:
Free speech? These forums are GGG's property, as is the game. If you can't discuss the game in a CONSTRUCTIVE way, you probably shouldn't anyway, free speech or not. At least if you don't want people to look down on you as childish or destructive.

And this is coming from someone who probably made their share of hateful posts. :D

Yea, of course it is their property and all that. They can do whatever they want with it. Does not change the fact that I despise such policies. What is a "hateful post" ? Where do you draw the line ? Those things are and will be used as an excuse for all kinds of censorship which is far worse than a butthurt developer.

All in all it is a really good game. People still say it is what D3 should have been. There is no reason to drop confidence over some forum trolls. It is better IMHO to grow some balls instead of trying to cut others off ;)
"
"
mazul wrote:
"
Free speech? These forums are GGG's property, as is the game. If you can't discuss the game in a CONSTRUCTIVE way, you probably shouldn't anyway, free speech or not. At least if you don't want people to look down on you as childish or destructive.

And this is coming from someone who probably made their share of hateful posts. :D

Criticism doesn't need to be constructive to be useful, it is enough that it points out flaws without providing solutions.

It can still be done in a civil manner. If that is too much effort for some people, too bad, go rage on reddit instead.

Yeah civility is indeed a virtue one should strive for.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
dyneol wrote:
Hey !
I hate any form of censorship. There should be no limit when it comes to free speech.

"
Spam on the other hand, like if someone just repeats his "hate-speech" over and over with nothing new to see ...

This is a limit.
Moderators can delete non-hating comments... this is not what you wanted GGG/chris !

Damn PoE has changed and no hateful posts new policy has taken a wrong path, example: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/966537/page/2 a comment containing a name has been just deleted when the moderator should have just done the [removed by support] for that word and left the comment.

DO NOT DELETE COMMENTS if they are not hateful!!

"
Moderators can delete non-hating comments... this is not what you wanted GGG/chris !

Damn PoE has changed and no hateful posts new policy has taken a wrong path, example: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/966537/page/2 a comment containing a name has been just deleted when the moderator should have just done the [removed by support] for that word and left the comment.

DO NOT DELETE COMMENTS if they are not hateful!!

How about you stop your harassing bullshit? This has nothing to do with the hateful post policy but the very basic rules stating that you shall not harass community members. Just imagine someone jumps your neck every time you post any non-problematic content just because you posted much shit in the past.
Cogito ergo scum.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4665 - German Corner (Join /global 4745)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508810/ - Forum Ignore Addon by ignarsoll
Last edited by Nightmare90 on July 12, 2014 9:42 AM
That's a very good point Night. I am all for forgiving someone's past misdeeds.
But that's not the point : You do not delete a comment that is not hateful, read Chris original post again.

Also the comment was not mine.

Chris said

"
Our adjusted policy is: The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game. Hateful posts will be removed and the users who posted them may be probated. Please note that this is a substantial enforcement change from our current policy. If you post a thread called "Path of Exile is shit and GGG are evil" then you will get probated. If you post in a thread about a new skill saying "in before you nerf this too", don't expect the post to stick around.

There are appropriate ways to discuss concerns like this. If you feel that the game is terrible and that our company is evil, please discuss it in a constructive way. If you have a problem with us rebalancing the game, please lay out your concerns with how it affects your gameplay. Passive-aggressively accusing us of being bad developers is not useful to anyone.

So moderation moved from full freedom(all comments stay, comment may get partly [removed]) => To hateful comments towards devs may get deleted => To moderators delete comments even if they are not hateful.

Last edited by InexRising on July 12, 2014 10:14 AM
"
That's a very good point Night. I am all for forgiving someone's past misdeeds.
But that's not the point : You do not delete a comment that is not hateful, read Chris original post again.

Also the comment was not mine.

Chris said

"
Our adjusted policy is: The Path of Exile forums are for civil, constructive discussion of the game. Hateful posts will be removed and the users who posted them may be probated. Please note that this is a substantial enforcement change from our current policy. If you post a thread called "Path of Exile is shit and GGG are evil" then you will get probated. If you post in a thread about a new skill saying "in before you nerf this too", don't expect the post to stick around.

There are appropriate ways to discuss concerns like this. If you feel that the game is terrible and that our company is evil, please discuss it in a constructive way. If you have a problem with us rebalancing the game, please lay out your concerns with how it affects your gameplay. Passive-aggressively accusing us of being bad developers is not useful to anyone.

So moderation moved from full freedom(all comments stay, comment may get partly [removed]) => To hateful comments towards devs may get deleted => To moderators delete comments even if they are not hateful.

Actually the ToU reads:
"
(e) Grinding Gear Games reserves the right without notice, explanation or liability to:

(i) restrict or remove your ability to make Posts;

(ii) disallow the posting of any specific Posts;

(iii) edit any specific Posts; and

(iv) completely remove any Posts from the Website or anywhere else related to the Materials and Services (including as part of the POE gameplay) where they appear or are stored; and

A post of mine was completely removed by Support not so long ago aswell. I did make my point with them. Privately in mail. Then they removed some posts more. If the post removed was not your post, it is none of your business, really. ;)

Support is working in their allowed realm of possibilities, inex. Let them do their work and let us be polite participants in a forum where worlds collide and everybody will be happy. :)
Cogito ergo scum.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4665 - German Corner (Join /global 4745)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508810/ - Forum Ignore Addon by ignarsoll
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
Hey !
I hate any form of censorship. There should be no limit when it comes to free speech.

"
Spam on the other hand, like if someone just repeats his "hate-speech" over and over with nothing new to see ...

This is a limit.

sigh .. really ...

Alright. Depending on the medium, there are obviously technical limitations. It is not feasible to provide enough capacity for all sorts of repeating content which in most cases is automated. Spam also has great potential to make it hard to find other content - it blurs - which also has a limiting effect.
Last edited by dyneol on July 13, 2014 5:04 PM
It doesn't bother me what GGG does here as long as they can be somewhat consistent with it. I made a post about this already but I'll say it again briefly. How is it that you can report someone who is name calling and obviously going against Chris' policy here and yet nothing happens, then you make a very calm post that has nothing hateful in it and the whole thing gets taken down and the mod points you to this thread. There just doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason to this sometimes. Then when you message the mod back trying to get clarification they don't respond.

Tilt
"
iamstryker wrote:
It doesn't bother me what GGG does here as long as they can be somewhat consistent with it. I made a post about this already but I'll say it again briefly. How is it that you can report someone who is name calling and obviously going against Chris' policy here and yet nothing happens, then you make a very calm post that has nothing hateful in it and the whole thing gets taken down and the mod points you to this thread. There just doesn't seem to be any ryme or reason to this sometimes. Then when you message the mod back trying to get clarification they don't respond.

You shouldn't expect 100% consistency, you should expect 99% and I believe they have that currently.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info