New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

I fully support this idea. I wish it was stricter myself. One of the first forums I ever really participated in was over at Giant in the Playground. You should read Rich's forum rules.

To Chris and the folks at GGG: You guys rock. I first played during on the the free weekends back in Closed Beta. The game was great (I love D1/D2/TL/TQ), with ideas that struck me as cool (the flasks) and neat things that seemed inspired by classics (who doesn't have the FF7 Materia reaction to socketing gems?)

Until this game, I have never, ever paid for a F2P game. For starters, money can be tight. Then is the issue of P2W, I refuse to ever get involved in that nonsense. And third, why pay for something I can enjoy for free? I'll pay for things I have to, and enjoy free what I can. Then I came here. Devs talking on channels, interacting with folks and having fun. Interesting ideas and really awesome transparency with ideas and process. A philosophy that spoke to me, and a real appearance of conviction to ideals.

I was hooked after that free weekend, and I decided I didn't want to wait for Open Beta to play. So I bought into the Closed Beta and chose one step above minimum just to get the title. I wanted to show that I believe in the game and I support it. I now have 2 more titles, for the same reason. I want to show that I support this game and the folks at GGG.

I still love the game. Does it have problems? Yes, quite a few (looking at you terrible hitboxes and laggy as hell weather effects), but I have a great time playing it, stuff that is added is overwhelmingly for the better. Descent: Champions is badass.

Anyway, this is just a wordy way of giving some substance to my initial three words: You guys rock. If you didn't, I'd probably still play, but I wouldn't give you a penny. I enjoy the mtxs (just got the skull hood!) and the stash space, but it is because of GGG itself that I pay.

Please, keep rocking.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on December 3, 2013 2:38 AM
I just realized that Chris' Nemesis character name is Nerf.
IGN: Melkrow
Beyond shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1008124
The only thing I'd like to see with PoE in the future is for you guys & gals to continue making the game YOU want to make. Now that the embarrassing riff-raff can be properly dealt with, the forum can once again be a place for great discussion. I hope you GGG folks feel more comfortable to participate now as well.

I love this game you've freely shared with me. Thank you, GGG.

:)
"you need to keep pushing also man take care also" - BerkenbileAngelica90
I admire you for sticking up for your team! Too much in this day and age ppl just kissing butt of the consumer! Especially here in america! The team most certainly have feekings and aren't here for abuse but rather to make our time more enjoyable and easy passing!
GGG you lot are doing great! Thanks for all your hard work!
amazing
news
really happy now
*sarcasm*
Every game developer needs to do this...
Games are for people that actually like the game even if they have a few problems and constructive feedback. Forums have long since become a place for people who dislike the game in general and want to change it into something else. Many games became somewhat of democracy and lost their unique appeal. I really like poe and am happy for this stance.
Last edited by Vencenzo on December 3, 2013 2:57 PM
"
Vencenzo wrote:
Every game developer needs to do this...
Games are for people that actually like the game even if they have a few problems and constructive feedback. Forums have long since become a place for people who dislike the game in general and want to change it into something else. Many games became somewhat of democracy and lost their unique appeal. I really like poe and am happy for this stance.


FYI: "Praising" is often not "constructive feedback" in any forum.

Of course it is easy to bury ones head like Ostriches are said to do, to avoid seeing things they do not want to see. Ignorance is a bliss after all.

I've given constructive feedback in this very thread about how GGG can change their own systematic choices to get more positive threads to counter-balance the negative ones. However, due to the reality that GGG has limited time and there is more posts with ideas than they can be expected to reply to, it is likely that I'll never know if they ever read and thought about the feedback or if they simply disregarded it.


If I were an employee at GGG, I would be offended by the patronizing tone Chris has in the opening post of this thread. Chris is in this context not a parent that needs to shield his children against the horrors of the world; the employees are grown adults. If he really cared about their mental health, he would offer them therapy with professionals. I very much doubt Chris is a certified therapist or psychologist.



This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on December 3, 2013 3:37 PM
"
mazul wrote:

Ignorance is a bliss after all.


Apparently i completely misread one of your prior posts as being sarcastically patronizing, while in fact you believed what you were saying. Huh.
Bliss is dopamine.
I guess i can see how you would come to such a conclusion given the utter state of shit the world could be perceived as being in. But a mental technique i would suggest is focusing on the good and how you can better what isnt, instead of of focusing on the bad which is beyond your control.

"
mazul wrote:

If I were an employee at GGG, I would be offended by the patronizing tone Chris has in the opening post of this thread. Chris is in this context not a parent that needs to shield his children against the horrors of the world; the employees are grown adults. If he really cared about their mental health, he would offer them therapy with professionals. I very much doubt Chris is a certified therapist or psychologist.

I dont believe chris is attempting to 'shield his children from horror'. He is attempting to send all the horror to death camps to be destroyed in an orderly fashion. Big difference. One isnt effective, and the other is.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge... the ability to think itself dissolves away. Thinking in human language is the problem. Words cannot truly represent real 'truth'. Language exists merely to manipulate other peoples version of the truth.
Last edited by SkyCore on December 3, 2013 4:43 PM
"
mazul wrote:
"
Vencenzo wrote:
Every game developer needs to do this...
Games are for people that actually like the game even if they have a few problems and constructive feedback. Forums have long since become a place for people who dislike the game in general and want to change it into something else. Many games became somewhat of democracy and lost their unique appeal. I really like poe and am happy for this stance.


FYI: "Praising" is often not "constructive feedback" in any forum.

Of course it is easy to bury ones head like Ostriches are said to do, to avoid seeing things they do not want to see. Ignorance is a bliss after all.

I've given constructive feedback in this very thread about how GGG can change their own systematic choices to get more positive threads to counter-balance the negative ones. However, due to the reality that GGG has limited time and there more posts with ideas than they can be expected to reply to, it is likely that I'll never know if they ever read and thought about the feedback or if they simply disregarded it.


If I were an employee at GGG, I would be offended by the patronizing tone Chris has in the opening post of this thread. Chris is in this context not a parent that needs to shield his children against the horrors of the world; the employees are grown adults. If he really cared about their mental health, he would offer them therapy with professionals. I very much doubt Chris is a certified therapist or psychologist.





Forums have become the enemy of gamers and ignorance is the main culprit. People that believe popular opinion is fact, becoming intolerant to perspectives outside their own. There comes a point where forums become more of a detriment if it's a sea of QQ that is simply demoralizing and cannot be sifted through.

The elephant in the room:
A certain company unleashed this plague on us, the fanbase goes from game to game looking for their next skinner box and cries on forums after the rewards stop. It happend to Rift,Swtor,Tera and completely destroyed D3.

Cu had to do the same thing Chris just did and EQN will have to as well.
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Ignorance is a bliss after all.


Apparently i completely misread one of your prior posts as being sarcastically patronizing, while in fact you believed what you were saying. Huh.
Bliss is a dopamine.
I guess i can see how you would come to such a conclusion given the utter state of shit the world could be perceived as being in. But a mental technique i would suggest is focusing on the good and how you can better what isnt, instead of of focusing on the bad which is beyond your control.

(...)


I don't perceive this world to be in an utter state of shit. I perceive it to be a mixed bag containing both very good, very bad aspects and a lot of things in between.

I perceive our current world be in far better shape than it was 100 years ago. I am optimistic about the future of the world as well.


This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info