Necro's pure righteous fire build HC, 90% phy dmg reduction, cheap! (5 seconds piety vid) lvl89

Hey guys I'll probably go back to this build after trying some stuff out @ invasion, I still have the lvl70 scion on the sidelines. I'll use it mainly as piety/dom mf runs for which this build is extremely effective due to the high cleearing speed up to the bosses and cheapness.

WRT to CI, RF does not work with CI because your life is 1hp, you can do low life RF however you'll need shavronnes or lorica chest.

GL!
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
"
Necropotence wrote:
WRT to CI, RF does not work with CI because your life is 1hp, you can do low life RF however you'll need shavronnes or lorica chest.

I've just checked at Righteous Fire and it's true, I was suprised. Sorry for misinformation.
What auras do you run with this build?
Hello Guildie! I'm fairly new to RF. I've a 2-H ST Scion and would like to make a hybrid with RF, would you kindly show me a skill tree at level 100 which likely could work out for such a hybrid? Many thanks ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
Hello, I've followed your build for a while now. I'm currently level 67. I've got 3.5k health, 91/79/79 resists, and 8k armour. Currently, I do enough damage but seem to take a lot of damage as well. I was considering picking up the 3 block chance nodes near Iron Reflexes for 10% chance to block. Further, I would buy The Anvil unique amulet for a total of 46% chance to block(and a free 450 armour). Do you think this would make a big enough impact to justify 3 passive points and using up my amulet slot?

I was also thinking about running Purity of Lightning, as I noticed most of my trouble is with spells, and Act 3 is full of lightning.
Last edited by Groovy_Goose on Apr 30, 2014, 12:13:56 AM
"
Hello, I've followed your build for a while now. I'm currently level 67. I've got 3.5k health, 91/79/79 resists, and 8k armour. Currently, I do enough damage but seem to take a lot of damage as well. I was considering picking up the 3 block chance nodes near Iron Reflexes for 10% chance to block. Further, I would buy The Anvil unique amulet for a total of 46% chance to block(and a free 450 armour). Do you think this would make a big enough impact to justify 3 passive points and using up my amulet slot?

I was also thinking about running Purity of Lightning, as I noticed most of my trouble is with spells, and Act 3 is full of lightning.

Hi there!

If it'll help, I'd like to share my experiences so far.

My resists are similar to yours, but I have 5,500 or so life and 90 fire/79 cold/79 lightning at level 71.

I have about 6,000 armour with Grace + Iron Reflexes, as well as any evasion I get from gear.

As far as block chance goes, it's only really worth it if you're stacking it to the cap of 75% chance to block and running Aegis Aurora/Saffell's Frame.

I don't really have any problems getting shocked/frozen, and if it does happen, it's a very short duration, about ~1 second. If I'm farming Piety, I'll switch out Grace for Purity of Lightning. Otherwise, I usually just "let it go", as Elsa says.

Without looking at your gear/flasks, I can't really give much more advice than this, but I'll link my gear and flasks to give you a rough guideline of what to look for.

Gear

Flasks

If I need to get a lot of life back fast, I'll just drink from one of my ruby flasks. It gives me more regen than a life flask for four seconds, which is quite nice.

Belly of the Beast is pretty much a poor man's Kaom's Heart, you can find some decent ones for under twenty chaos.

Here's a link to poe.xyz.is for Belly of the Beast at and under twenty chaos.

And here's my passive tree.

I want to get the Elemental Equilibrium keystone, and get the Purity of Flesh cluster eventually, as well as the rest of the life wheel near the Scion area of the tree.

I found that I do fine without several endurance charges, if I'm taking a lot of physical damage, I'll just pop Immortal Call and stand there while things burn to death.

I'll try and add my defensive stats and everything when I get home, but if you have any more questions, you can get in touch with me as Kindleheart ingame.

Last edited by Umyx on May 1, 2014, 10:02:52 AM
Does anyone know if its better to use belly of the beast or use a 100+ life chest?
"
AnEcho wrote:
What auras do you run with this build?

Hello, determination, pof and vitality. If you have enough life regen you can swap vitality for other purity to help with the extra resistances.

"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
Hello Guildie! I'm fairly new to RF. I've a 2-H ST Scion and would like to make a hybrid with RF, would you kindly show me a skill tree at level 100 which likely could work out for such a hybrid? Many thanks ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Hello there birdie! What kind of hybrid? 2h ST and 1h + rotp on weapon swap and use ST only for bosses without RF on, or just 2H with crown of eyes for a dmg boost? Sounds like a cool idea :D

"

Hello, if you're having trouble with spells mostly the block chance won't do anything for you unless you go spell block which isn't really handy with RF unless you use Saffell's. If you look at spells you can take damage from cold, lightning and chaos as you're inmune to fire with a ruby pot you can carry flasks to boost your resistance to those elements, but I think the best would be to get more HP nodes. TBH the only real trouble I had with spell damage were bosses which have insane spike damage. Also normal content spell damage can be easily outregen with a ruby flask letting your regen take care of the damage.

GL!

"
Umyx wrote:
"

Hi there!

If it'll help, I'd like to share my experiences so far.

My resists are similar to yours, but I have 5,500 or so life and 90 fire/79 cold/79 lightning at level 71.

I have about 6,000 armour with Grace + Iron Reflexes, as well as any evasion I get from gear.

As far as block chance goes, it's only really worth it if you're stacking it to the cap of 75% chance to block and running Aegis Aurora/Saffell's Frame.

I don't really have any problems getting shocked/frozen, and if it does happen, it's a very short duration, about ~1 second. If I'm farming Piety, I'll switch out Grace for Purity of Lightning. Otherwise, I usually just "let it go", as Elsa says.

Without looking at your gear/flasks, I can't really give much more advice than this, but I'll link my gear and flasks to give you a rough guideline of what to look for.

Gear

Flasks

If I need to get a lot of life back fast, I'll just drink from one of my ruby flasks. It gives me more regen than a life flask for four seconds, which is quite nice.

Belly of the Beast is pretty much a poor man's Kaom's Heart, you can find some decent ones for under twenty chaos.

Here's a link to poe.xyz.is for Belly of the Beast at and under twenty chaos.

And here's my passive tree.

I want to get the Elemental Equilibrium keystone, and get the Purity of Flesh cluster eventually, as well as the rest of the life wheel near the Scion area of the tree.

I found that I do fine without several endurance charges, if I'm taking a lot of physical damage, I'll just pop Immortal Call and stand there while things burn to death.

I'll try and add my defensive stats and everything when I get home, but if you have any more questions, you can get in touch with me as Kindleheart ingame.

Spot on but get EE NOW! :) EE + curse is the best damage boost RF has hands down :)

"
Mephias23 wrote:
Does anyone know if its better to use belly of the beast or use a 100+ life chest?

Hello, I don't like belly because of the low armour. As far as HP goes I guess it would be pretty even however I haven't checked this, maybe someone else can say something about this.

Cheers!

My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Hello I've seen that Necro doesn't take Iron Reflexes path (growth and decay cluster, etc) like ORO's build. Is this an improvement? He takes Master of the arena path. Can someone please provide feedback on this because i'm new to the LEFT part of the tree and I want to do RF and don't know anything regarding the subject.
So I've been trying this build out. I have 2 ruby flasks. I was really wondering how you kill things that take long to kill. Like say there is a boss, and I obviously have 4 ruby flask uses to recover hp. How do you deal with these things if you don't deal enough damage yet? A lot of times I find myself just running out of flasks and I have to port back to town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info