Day 3

"
Karcaroth wrote:
ITT: other people are beating me at races; they must certainly be cheating! Also I don't care to trade my race rewards, so make them account bound plz.

And you're surprised that the devs aren't tripping over themselves to respond to you promptly?

You are vastly overestimating the demand for race rewards based on a couple of outlier trades, along with most of the people attempting to sell their race rewards in Nemesis.

I think you will find that any high value trade is an outlier trade. There are several people paying dozens of exalts for alt art race rewards. Don't really see the point in that argument.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
I think you will find that any high value trade is an outlier trade. There are several people paying dozens of exalts for alt art race rewards. Don't really see the point in that argument.

My point was that it's somewhat delusional to expect people to stop cheating if rewards are made account bound. There are far more lucrative ways to generate currency than to maphack and grind for 600+ point rewards.
Last edited by Karcaroth on Dec 2, 2013, 11:05:50 PM
"
Karcaroth wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

My point was that it's somewhat delusional to expect people to stop cheating if rewards are made account bound. There are far more lucrative ways to generate currency than to maphack and grind for 600+ point rewards.

I wouldn't say that. If you are somewhat decent at the game and use maphacks there really is no easier way to get 10+ ex than by "simply" winning a Demi race.

I mean some Demi races are 1h long races and just by winning that race you get an item that people are willing to pay over 5-10 ex for.

Now I don't know how much of an impact maphacks have on player performance, I don't know if they make a player literally perform three times better than usual, but if you are somewhere in the top 5 of your class and have no ethical problem with cheating there is absolutely nothing stopping you from cheating and winning races you don't really deserve to win.

Now most people share the same ethical standards, in that we think cheating is wrong and goes against the very nature of competitive racing (which is to evaluate who is "better"), but I'm sure there are some people who don't really care about that and just want to make "easy" money and they are allowed to do that because there is absolutely nothing that stops them from cheating, other than their own ethical standards (which like I already said, are different for these people).
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info