Unofficial DPS calculator spreadsheet (0.9.13k)

i have a problem with your sheet.

i am using it for calculating lightning strike + weapon ele dmg + melee phys dmg + fork.
i am using options "type: mace", "is melee weapon: true", "is 2h melee weapon: false"

the dps seems to be almost right, there's a difference of <50 at 1,7k dps.

the problem is that changing any +physcal dmg% field in passives tab doesn't change the dps. not for general phys dmg%, not for 1h phys dmg% and not for mace phys dmg%.
changing any of the atk speed or elemetal dmg% fields, results in a change of dps.

i don't understand what i am doing wrong or if there is a formula issue in the spreadsheet, but if there is one, why do i get almost right dps?

IGN: NautyJugg
Sounds like a bug to me. Maybe the regions that check for changes are not set up correctly. As a workaround you can try to set up all your passives and then for example change the weapon type and change it back. It should recalculate then.

I probably won't do any fixes to the sheet anymore since I recently started on including the DPS calculator into Headhorr's skill tree planner. This will make a lot of things easier. You can directly edit your passives and you can load item and gem data automatically. It's not ready to be released yet but stay tuned!

I'll post updates here and in Headhorr's thread when things are ready to be used.

EDIT:
As for the DPS deviations: 50 sounds like the calculated total damage values are wrong. Probably some min or max value is off by one. The higher those values get, the higher the DPS deviation is. If the sheet calculates 250 - 500 physical damage for example, but you have 250 - 501 ingame, that can easily lead to noticeable differences. As stated inside the sheet, I know there are some rounding errors and I still hope to find them.
Last edited by Wyverex42 on Feb 26, 2013, 4:33:38 AM
"
Wyverex42 wrote:

EDIT:
As for the DPS deviations: 50 sounds like the calculated total damage values are wrong. Probably some min or max value is off by one. The higher those values get, the higher the DPS deviation is. If the sheet calculates 250 - 500 physical damage for example, but you have 250 - 501 ingame, that can easily lead to noticeable differences. As stated inside the sheet, I know there are some rounding errors and I still hope to find them.

I like your spreadsheets! Very well done!

The deviation for my LS+WED+Faster Attack skill set is 18 for a DPS of 1257 (i.e., 2.7% error). I double checked every single number I input so I believe it is rounding errors or something like that.
Still, it helps me greatly on evaluating equipment upgrades.

Keep up the good work! And please tell us when you finished your new works!
Function clamp is not integrated in excel normally (at least not in 2007). I suppose that you probably added by macro but you can save the document only as .xlxs (so macro free), which leads to not working formula ...

I used if instead of that and its working fine
So i tried it one more time and it seems that there is a macro behind it so its not working unfortunately. (I suppose that macro is behind choosing a predefined skills and it should change the information in DPS clac based on chosen skill)

The other thing which I found is missing irong grip ... (it can be fixes easily, just not sure if I just did not see it in passives ... (there is iron will which works in similar way, maybe its just typo)
I will probably use my own version and try to remake it, because it simply doesnt work ... So I will be patient ...

I will probably post you my version of calculator.
one question regarding to calculation which is not absolutely clear to me ...

How the increased physical damage mod on weapons (items, equip, not passive) work???
Does it increase all physical damage? or Does it increase only base value from weapon and doesnt touch anything else ...

Especially this point can lead to absolutely different results and I am not sure how to count it:-)

Thanks for any help.
Hi,

This is a very nice tool but it has some bugs. I spend 3 hours on finding them but I couldn't. I think there are multiple ones but to start with I made a very simple scenario to narrow it down ( no aura's, support gems,... )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiJ-xx1XVNZEdEFaUmF3UXpWeUlFX000N3lieHdiVVE&usp=sharing

The dps of the frenzy should be 671.2

Here is the passive tree result:
Spoiler

Keystone
Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Iron Grip: The increase to Physical Damage from Strength applies to Projectile Attacks as well as Melee Attacks
Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded
Resolute Technique: Never deal Critical Strikes
Blood Magic: Removes all mana. Spend Life instead of Mana for Skills

Stats
+280 to Strength
+180 to Dexterity
+110 to Intelligence

Life
142% increased maximum Life
1.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
+30 to maximum Life

Elemental Damage
80% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
Lightning Damage
20% Chance to Shock the enemy on hit with Lightning Damage

Resistance
+30% to Fire Resistance
+30% to all Elemental Resistances
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Attack Speed
27% increased Attack Speed

Accuracy
12% increased Accuracy Rating

Frenzy Charge
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge
+2 Maximum Frenzy Charge

Evasion
48% increased Evasion Rating

Misc
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
45% increased Shock Duration on enemies
31% increased Projectile Damage

Here is the gear ( only relevant one is the bow since I specifically equiped all non influencial gear for the other slots ). This is the only gear the character has on him. The aura's are off!
Spoiler

Would be great to solve this bug together. This is a small difference but it gets a lot larger for real situations.
Please include Fire Trap!
IGN: MiloWitch
I found a bug. When i switch from default attack to a skill and press undo, it doesn't undo anything, and when i switch back to default attack, dps is raised by half.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info