Doorways

Death To The Doorways! (and narrow tunnels)
Digging it out for relevance!
Everyone bump this thread every hour if you have to. GGG is notoriously stubborn with some of the most inane design decisions. It is like they don't even bother looking at most of the data they got from beta.
Why no option to toggle Attack in Place to Always on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuIfKF4_9X0

I made this video to demonstrate exactly what I mean, there are some doorways that simply block all your attacks like an invisible wall. Trying to attack through a doorway like this one is no different from attacking a wall actually.

It's annoying and really something that any game should get right, hit detection is an essential part in any game really. Again I just have to ask, knowing that some doors simply block your attacks, why design them to be as tiny as possible?

It's just mind-boggling.

edit: I really don't understand why not more people are actually complaining about this, we are talking about something fundamentally wrong with the game that could be fixed, not something like desync that we just have to deal with apparently.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 5, 2013, 6:34:44 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuIfKF4_9X0

I made this video to demonstrate exactly what I mean, there are some doorways that simply block all your attacks like an invisible wall. Trying to attack through a doorway like this one is no different from attacking a wall actually.

It's annoying and really something that any game should get right, hit detection is an essential part in any game really. Again I just have to ask, knowing that some doors simply block your attacks, why design them to be as tiny as possible?

It's just mind-boggling.

nice music
"
Roexile wrote:

+1

Half the desyncs in the game removed with a simple ui checkbox.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Dec 6, 2013, 12:16:22 AM
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Roexile wrote:

+1

Half the desyncs in the game removed with a simple ui checkbox.

Not true, exactly. The moronic walk-about desyncs that currently occur would be replaced by lots of flailing around missing stuff all the time.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I was holding shift while attacking in the video I posted and my attacks still didn't register. The two are seperate issues, one has to do with pathfinding as Hilbert explained, what I'm talking about here is hit detection and "invisible walls" when you try and attack through a doorway.

Both are problems, both should ideally be fixed but I think it's important to note that they are different problems with different (potential) solutions.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 6, 2013, 3:13:35 AM
No replies by GGG. They are not even acknowledging there is an issue. Last few days, for me and my friends have been the worse since we started playing.
The screen is jerky, 10-150 fps. Desynced 99% of the time, Holding Shift does not help. With a latency of 30ms.

Makes me wonder what was going on in closed beta, it seems nobody gave proper feedback, just everyone giving each other reacharounds on how great the game was. Wasted time that should of been spent making the games basic mechanics run smoothly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info