Theory - Lightning Strike, 1h Mace + Shield (HC Build) v0.2

Hi guys this is what I theory-craft (inspired by Krip's Ranger LS), a Scepter/Mace with Shield Lightning Strike build which doesn't takes Resolute Technique.

80 Points

95 Points Variation 1 (Inner Force, Strong Arms, Armor Mastery)

95 Points Variation 2 (Golem's Blood, Armor Master, Water Dancing)

Elemental Adaptation is not added unless you can cap your resist, all personal preference.

A one handed lack the necessary damage so I plan to counter it with crti-multiplier, elemental damage & diamond flask.

Lacking in terms of Dex for Accuracy, I took Eagle Eye & Precision, I'm still not sure if it's enough.

The INT requirement for Scepter are there but may not be enough, you could always get them on gear or accessories or just a 1H Mace instead till you can find a very good Specter.

You will most likely use a 2-H Mace/Axe/Sword since you will only add INT at around Ruthless where you can find decent Shield or Mace.

Added Lightning/Wrath would be the best choice for extra damage since 1 handed doesn't have alot of physical damage.

Variation 1 for person who is much of a risk taker or Variation 2 for more survivability.

Gear Choice:
Scepter/Mace/Club -> Any 1H Mace will do but Scepter will be a much better choice, Scepter can have more mods variety than a Mace so it's definitely hard to find high phys damage on them.

Shield -> Life mod is a must and you can easily have elemental resist on your shield.

Armor -> Only use Armor type which cripples you on movement as well as limiting the gem choice & unable to use IR as I felt it's too far out.

Gem Choice:
Single Target
3L -> LS + WEP + Faster Attack
4L -> LS + WEP + Faster Attack + Added Lightning/Cold/Fire [Without Diamond Flask]
4L -> LS + WEP + Faster Attack + Crit Dmg [With Diamond Flask]
5L -> LS + WEP + Faster Attack + Crit Dmg + Added Added Lightning/Cold/Fire

Multiple Targets
4L -> LS + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech + Fork/Chain
5L -> LS + Weapon Elemental Damage + Life Leech + Fork/Chain + Faster Attack

Utility
[Setting up atks/Traveling] Leap Slam/Shield Charge + Faster Attack
[For Single-Target] Critical Weakness
[For Multiple-Target] Warlord's Mark/Conductivity/Elemental Weakness
[As a Tanker] Decoy Totem
[Auras]Anger & Wrath
[Farming Fellshrine] Hatred

EDITED:
-Change the build a little with Inner Force to boost damage from Anger/Wrath
-Added Armor mastery
-Added 80 Points distribution
-2 Variation Build for 95 points
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 14, 2013, 8:26:40 AM
Updated the build, most likely testing it in 1 week race.
I really like the look of this build. I just hope the accuracy is ok at higher levels.
"
tribeca76 wrote:
I really like the look of this build. I just hope the accuracy is ok at higher levels.

Those % accuracy nodes only benefits if you have a decent amount of dex or accuracy rating mods from gears, leveling up gives you some accuracy rating to help but try to get it as suffix from gears.
really don't get why you're not taking the 5% max resist when you are right there....
"
FleepQc wrote:
really don't get why you're not taking the 5% max resist when you are right there....

Not enough points to do it, will definitely do it after I really cap all my resist which is pretty much endgame stuff.

Also there's still lots of points to spend on Multiplier in 1 of the Mace node (2 points) near RT and below RT there's 50% Crit Multiplier (5 points) too.
Last edited by heatzz on Jan 13, 2013, 2:09:33 AM
1 point is too much ? wtf ... take out lava lash and replace it by that if it's too much.
So in these 1 week races, will you take a white liked item over a magic/rare if it lets you use the skills you want?
MCAussie MCServer. MCWin.
"
FleepQc wrote:
1 point is too much ? wtf ... take out lava lash and replace it by that if it's too much.

A 1 handed doesn't do too much damage so having Lava Lash is a much better benefit especially with Anger & if you have fire element on your weapon.

Up to your preference even if I'm playing a typical Marauder I will only take Elemental Adaptation when I can cap all resist not just 1.

"
McNuggetz wrote:
So in these 1 week races, will you take a white liked item over a magic/rare if it lets you use the skills you want?

If you have a good three link you can always use your currency to transmute or alter it.
By the time you wanna link those gems you should probably have a decent amount to do it.
"
FleepQc wrote:

You only take that if you are above the resistance cap...

Wow I really don't get why clueless people post about builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info