[2.6] Yalani's Low Life Righteous Fire Build

"
Fritso wrote:
Also, I feel the need for the Orb of storms in there, because shield charge is far to unreliable to get EO working on bosses.

I was using inc crits and it was okay. The only advantage of orb of storms is T16+ bosses, but it's not like that you farm them all the time. Everything below that is just too easy for the build anyway. Well, maybe the wolfie boy is kinda hardish, but that's all.

"
Fritso wrote:
- Don't really feel the need for 3 purities when mapping. Everything dies as fast as I can shield charge over them. Will swap in the right purities for though rolled maps with hard hitting bosses.
- Clarity is not used for mana. It's just a free aura that costs barely nothing to reserve, and gives another buff for Unwavering Faith.

Exactly, then why don't just use another purity when you can?

"
Fritso wrote:
May I ask how much ES you had on your setup with/without Doryani's? I could get another 400ES by switching my opal for a Moonstone ring, but I feel that's not worth it. The Opal rings add a ton of damage.

You can see my gear on page 144. I've changed shield and gloves since then thu. I have never used Doryani, my DPS was good enough already and I wanted to hit lvl 100 safely. My ES @ lvl 100 was 20,7k with headhunter. The only thing that could kill me was the light or cold breach bosses. I was running shaped atolls and shaped quays most of the time. It was legacy so no 12% energies.
"
WellanXM wrote:
Hi, first of all i'll say you ty for thath great guide. i really diden't know rf and it help me understand the mecanics ( i came back to the game after a long afk and wanna start something new and different).

So, i actually get some issues whith my es regen
i've 1272k life/10 344 es ( i know thath's low but don't understand why)
and i use thath gear:

(i've tested the regen amulet but not work much better)
i tried to follow every step of your topic " ican't sustain rf"
but no i only can sustain the skill ( i've no loose of life but like no regen too, so i just can't run maps)
i discussed whith a friend more experienced than me but still don't understand why my regen is so low
it would be great if you can explain me ty a lot again hope you'll find a solution

for the skill tree i've yours for occultist ( need some more lvl but have all the regen nodes lvl 79)

Please make you character tab public, so we can also see your lvl / skill-tree / jewels etc.
Makes it easier to give you some good advice.
it's ok now it's public sry i'm new to the forum ;)
"
WellanXM wrote:

No problem.
Checked your build, and here's some info:

- You don't regen enough life because your purity of fire is not lvl 23. To get it to 23 in your helmet you need a lvl 2 empower (+1 from helmet, and +2 from empower). This gives you higher max fire res, thus better regen. Also, get the 2% regen Enchant on boots.

- Low ES due to:
1. low lvl (just 79)
2. No rare shield with 20% reduced DoT. For comparison, my shield gives me over 4k extra ES.
3. No %Increased ES crafts on rings.
4. No high (40+) INT on all gear. Every 10 INT is 2% max ES
5. No %Increased ES craft on Amulet. Or use a Presence of Chayula.
6. Lowest possible roll on Ephemeral Edge. Max roll is 50% increased ES.
7. Low ES boots.

Work on these things as you level up. By far the biggest improvement will be a 400+ ES shield rolled with 20% reduced DoT mod. This is also the cheapest upgrade, cause a 400+ ES shield starts at 10c or so. You just need to craft on the mod yourself if you have Leo at lvl 7. If not, feel free to contact me ingame, and I can craft it for you. Just get a shield with an Open Suffix, since the Reduced DoT is a Suffix.

One thing though. Why did you pick an Occultist for this build? A guardian would make your life way easier, and a Trickster would give better clearspeed.
Last edited by Fritso on Jul 12, 2017, 11:37:55 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
WellanXM wrote:

No problem.
Checked your build, and here's some info:

- You don't regen enough life because your purity of fire is not lvl 23. To get it to 23 in your helmet you need a lvl 2 empower (+1 from helmet, and +2 from empower). This gives you higher max fire res, thus better regen. Also, get the 2% regen Enchant on boots.

- Low ES due to:
1. low lvl (just 79)
2. No rare shield with 20% reduced DoT. For comparison, my shield gives me over 4k extra ES.
3. No %Increased ES crafts on rings.
4. No high (40+) INT on all gear. Every 10 INT is 2% max ES
5. No %Increased ES craft on Amulet. Or use a Presence of Chayula.
6. Lowest possible roll on Ephemeral Edge. Max roll is 50% increased ES.
7. Low ES boots.

Work on these things as you level up. By far the biggest improvement will be a 400+ ES shield rolled with 20% reduced DoT mod. This is also the cheapest upgrade, cause a 400+ ES shield starts at 10c or so. You just need to craft on the mod yourself if you have Leo at lvl 7. If not, feel free to contact me ingame, and I can craft it for you. Just get a shield with an Open Suffix, since the Reduced DoT is a Suffix.

One thing though. Why did you pick an Occultist for this build? A guardian would make your life way easier, and a Trickster would give better clearspeed.

Ty for all your advice i'll work on this while i'm leveling for the shield i used it like advice in the build for the +8% max fire res but i suppose if you advice me another shield whith 20% dot reduction it will be better for the life regen/degen
I've no leo lvl 7 but perhaps have a friend thath have if no i'll ask you in game ty btw. And to answer to your question about why pick occultist it is cause i had a "high level" one from before my long afk in the game and she add no build so i just wanna make her usefull. But perhaps yes guardian should have been the option i choose due to the high bonus it procure. So ty again i'll try to use all your advice probably coming back if i've still issues. Perhaps see you in game. Have a nice day
"
WellanXM wrote:

Ty for all your advice i'll work on this while i'm leveling for the shield i used it like advice in the build for the +8% max fire res but i suppose if you advice me another shield whith 20% dot reduction it will be better for the life regen/degen

The 20% DoT reduction on shield is NOT better for the regen. Rise of the Phoenix is the safest way to play, and will get you the best excess regen. However, it has crap ES. And since ES is damage for RF, you're better of with a rare shield. But, and this is a big but, only use that shield when you have your regen sorted out. And even then it may be quite tricky as an occultist, and you won't be able to run any map mods like -max/vulnerability/reduced regen with it. For that you'll need the RotP.

My advise though, if you're planning on playing this build for quite some time and also plan on enjoying it in 3.0, reroll a new character and play as trickster or guardian. They are far stronger options. I'd pick the guardian if I were you. I can do pretty much any combination of map mods, and still have enough regen, even with a 20% DoT shield. It's a super safe, and tanky class. Getting a new toon to lvl 80 isn't that much work, and I think you'll enjoy the build a lot more after that as a guardian. But it's all up to you, and what you're planning to do with the character.

Cheers. Feel free to contact me in game.

Last edited by Fritso on Jul 13, 2017, 10:05:23 AM
Just want to say thx for the guide, suddenly this toon is my highest in league and creeping to 100.

100* Completed

Last edited by ZrxLvR on Jul 27, 2017, 10:59:01 PM
Hi! Can you please explain this: "40% increased Righteous Fire Damage ---> That's ~5% more damage at my current state - not bad at all"? Why 40% increased RF DMG makes only ~5% more DMG at the end? That 40% isnt get damage multiplers? Thanks for the answer! Great forum!
"
orion314 wrote:
Hi! Can you please explain this: "40% increased Righteous Fire Damage ---> That's ~5% more damage at my current state - not bad at all"? Why 40% increased RF DMG makes only ~5% more DMG at the end? That 40% isnt get damage multiplers? Thanks for the answer! Great forum!

That is because of the way damage gets calculated:

Base Damage * (Increased 1 + Increased 2 + etc...) x MORE 1 X MORE 2 X etc...

So the 40% Increased RF damage gets added to all other increases. It's not a MORE multiplier which gets added at the end. More dmg multipliers are provided by gems like Conc effect, and Elemental focus.
Last edited by Fritso on Jul 19, 2017, 4:54:41 AM
Just but my build in Path of Building to see the changes in ES and damage in 2.6 vs 3.0.
Looks like we're geting a pretty big nerf in ES, and a slight buff in damage.

Here's my stats with conc. effect + witchfire + Sulphur flask, using dual Opal rings with % fire damage, and Doryani's Catalyst:

2.6: 20.3k ES - 590k dps
3.0: 17.7k ES - 612k dps

This really feels like a nerf to me. I mean, losing 2.6k ES is pretty huge.

Also, I don't know if the 20% reduced DoT will go legacy, or will be changed on already existing items to 5%. If so, it will be even more of a nerf.

What are your thoughts on this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info