Storm Call is awesome.

"
Mr_Bill wrote:
Does it work like explosive arrow where they don't detonate until you quit stacking them and then detonate all at once?

pretty much.
ign: PhrozenFlame
No it does not. They come down after a set time.

By default you can stack 3 before the impact. With reduced duration 2, but you also get the effect after a little more than 1 second instead of 1.5
Not only is Storm Call plain fun to use, the damage output is very nice. As to the concern about not being able to hit moving targets, there are simple solutions to that. Get some increased AoE, for example. Or, just make a beefy character that can face tank monsters while calling down lightning on their heads.

FFS casters end up doing a lot of face tanking against quick monsters anyway. Nothing has changed there. So I guess if you were hoping for a skill that would let you stop having to pay attention to the game then this isn't the skill for you.

This also isn't the game for you.
Is storm call an early quest gem for any class? Wouldn't mind rolling a witch or scion with it early
"
Purdy wrote:
Is storm call an early quest gem for any class? Wouldn't mind rolling a witch or scion with it early

As stated in the patch notes it is available for templar, witch, and shadow early in act 1 normal. If you want to roll Scion you will have to mule it.
Stacking up to 13 Cast with Increased Duration is fun. But thats about it, wont use it as single target spell with Conc. as i had planned :/ (damn those elemental dmg skills, wont run another curse for more dmg >:( )
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Nonsensei436 wrote:
"
Purdy wrote:

As stated in the patch notes it is available for templar, witch, and shadow early in act 1 normal. If you want to roll Scion you will have to mule it.

Cheers mate, I missed that
I had a lot of fun with it on a new character which I didn't twink at all and had no problems spamming the shit out of it unlike I do with pretty much any other spell.

I think it opens up the possibility for races where you often get stuck with shit gear, this spell suits the race style of run until you have a gazillion mobs around then AE them down and run again. I didn't have any problems predicting where mobs were going, more often or not you want to pile them on right in front of you for rares or blues or fan them out vs casters.

I found it much easier, quicker and more efficient to take out ranged npcs with this than traditional ranged spells.

Unfortunately, it has the same drawbacks as most lightning based spells, low crit chance and a huge variance in damage. Lightning spells could do with a support gem which increase minimum damage and reduce maximum damage, and perhaps give a small boost to overall damage.
Whats actual damage efectivity for that spell?
In desc there is no damage efectivity tag, does it mean 100% ?

▄█▀█▀█
Also for all those who are afraid that they'll miss moving targets - place one marker, wait 2-3 seconds and quickly cast one or two more markerss exactly on the moving enemy. The time runs from the first placed marker, so you can get one or two of them coming down "instantly" if you started the timer earlier ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info