Gameplay seems delayed?

It has to do with the fact that when joining an area, the instance created "can" get redirected on different actual servers. Try recreating the area. Also if you party with people joined on different gateways you can get in their instance where you get a higher ping.
"
MrSpaviel wrote:
the instance created "can" get redirected on different actual servers.

Every single area... all the time? Sounds unlikely...

No matter what server I join the last 3 days I've had nothing but 400ms+
I play from UK too and have latency 50ms ALL the time.
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones
It's not just you; Australia seems to be suffering connection problems at the moment. We rely on two submarine cables (one west coast and one east cost.) Unfortunately for us both are suffering from technical problems, the west coast more so than the east coast, so us West Aussies, who normally get the best pings to Singapore, are being rerouted through the East Coast which in addition to it's current performance degradation also routes the "long way round". ie I believe it routes through the USA before getting to Singapore. (ISP dependant)

(Someone else may be more knowledgeable on this subject)

I used to play a lot of World of Tanks on SEA and I used to reliably get pings of 80ms, lowest I've had so far in POE was 160. Then as described a few days ago my ping went to 350 Singapore; 250 America.

It certainly is very annoying. 166 was not ideal but I found the game playable enough to get invested in it, but 250 is rubbish. Since I only want to play single player it annoys me even more that I must be online to do so; I've written POE off until the pings improve, and I haven't seen an ETA on that yet.
"
MrIncident wrote:
Since I only want to play single player it annoys me even more that I must be online to do so

Yeah, SP is unplayable in this ping, it's faster to play in parties anyway, but then you have to deal with the loot ninja-ing and people going ahead and just being generally douchy :/

I'm glad it's not just me, I thought my router was screwed or something.
"
missmisiowa wrote:
I play from UK too and have latency 50ms ALL the time.

Yesterday I had 200ms latency for about 1 hour. That 200 was high enough to cause my witch to teleport back and forth between rooms so I understand your frustration with 300.
Now it is back to 50ms.
I use BT broadband.
My latency goes up when someone uses the BT phone or when friend is on skype.

Once, years back, I suffered from very high latency. After long investigation discovered that on a laptop had installed some peer-to-peer software which enabled downloading music/film/games etc. Every time when the laptop was on my latency would go up. Speed test would still show fine connection (why?).

Hope it helps a bit.
Main IGN: TopCat

IGN2: PrincessGuinevere
IGN3: Indiana_Jones

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info