Gameplay seems delayed?

I don't know if it's just at the beginning or something, but it does seem very delayed. Example: I shoot with my bow, and arrow comes firing right towards the enemy. It hits the enemy and a whole second later (which is really quite a lot in this situation), the enemy loses health and reacts to the impact. This doesn't seem right because it works fine on Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 online. My graphics are running smooth so it's not that. On Speedtest.net my ping is 15 and my download speed is 19 and my upload speed is 5. It's not because my internet is slow, because as I said, Diablo 3 runs smoothly enough.
Anyone else get this and perhaps know a solution?

Thanks a lot.
What's your ping in game? You can check this with F1.
If you go fiddlin' with any cocks around here we're going to have a real BIG party.
Oh wow, I can see that it's over 300. Which is pretty high. How do I reduce my latency in-game when my actual internet connection is pretty fast anyway?
Where are you from?
Try different gateway. It's not a different server like in D3, it's as it says, a gateway.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
Hmm. I was in Singapore, but after changing it to Europe, I am still getting a 300+ latency. I just think that it is slightly odd.

EDIT: I'm from UK by the way.
Last edited by harku123 on Jan 10, 2013, 8:20:23 AM
Its odd that you get 300 ping on EU gateway. Im form Poland and i have ~80ms.

Maybe its something on your side (just sayin) ?
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jan 10, 2013, 8:28:38 AM
"
harku123 wrote:
Hmm. I was in Singapore, but after changing it to Europe, I am still getting a 300+ latency. I just think that it is slightly odd.

EDIT: I'm from UK by the way.

The EU server is located in germany from the UK you should actually get a decent ping...
Hello everyone. I discovered that as soon as I got to the location where the second waypoint is, my ping reduced greatly and the game performance is now smooth. For some reason in the starting areas (although not the town for some reason?) the ping is high. Thanks to everyone who responded!
I could have been a temporary server issue, those do happen sometimes and they can cause desyncs.

It happens to everyone, that's just the nature of this type of game. If it keeps up you might wanna try trouble shooting your own end of the connection first.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
I've been suffering heavy lag lately also, was getting 60-70ms on the SG gateway (I'm Perth, Australia) constantly, last night and tonight it's been around 400ms in every instance.

I was partied up with a guy on the west coast and he said the same, SG server ping was terrible, had to play on the US gateway, which is not really that much better :(

It's not my connection, I've ping tested and everything is fine, I think the servers must just be lagged out right now?

Hope it's rectified by OB...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info