Map drop

Drop of maps@high level maps is ridiculous! GGG???
Mirror of Kalandra?
The best part is that most of them are lvl 66.
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
Keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming changes to map size will improve the number of map drops...but I won't hold my breath. It wouldn't be so bad, except there NOTHING else to do end game if you run out of maps. Talk about disincentivizing people to play.
IGN: Standard: Feugue, Domination: KaomsDisciple
"
B2BigAl wrote:
Keeping my fingers crossed that the upcoming changes to map size will improve the number of map drops...but I won't hold my breath. It wouldn't be so bad, except there NOTHING else to do end game if you run out of maps. Talk about disincentivizing people to play.

Agree 100%. I am at lvl86 nemesis and i buried all my maps/currency on maps. What should i suppose to do now? I am sick of trading! So, tell me GGG what to do? Stop playing?
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
ama wrote:
"
B2BigAl wrote:

Agree 100%. I am at lvl86 nemesis and i buried all my maps/currency on maps. What should i suppose to do now? I am sick of trading! So, tell me GGG what to do? Stop playing?

Start a new character, join a race, or quit the game.
"
Gryphyn wrote:
"
ama wrote:
"
B2BigAl wrote:

Start a new character, join a race, or quit the game.

Well, you're not wrong. Those are pretty shitty options though :(
IGN: Standard: Feugue, Domination: KaomsDisciple
It's kind of stimulating to go broke with maps and then start from bottom to collect better maps. High level maps really feel rare and pleasant that way.
Meh, with the change to map drop rates already implemented, i'd say the only real way to just completely be unable to sustain at least 72-75map pool(solo even!) is lack of knowledge about the correct way to utilize each map, mod wise. Before the buff, I would tend to agree with the sentiments here, having streaked through a considerable/solid 74-76 map pool multiple times with next to nothing to show for it in regards of equal level/higher level maps. Post-buff, though, really feels like why can't I hold all these >=level maps.
At first the map drop rate seemed ok. (lvl 66 - 69). But now that my character is level 76 those maps and map levels are getting stale and boring.

Over the last week I have been grinding maps and made it to level 76. In all the maps I have done I have never seen a map above level 69, and even those are rare. I mainly get 66, and 67 maps with the ocasional 69, or 69 map.

Every map that is level 69 that I get I chisel it, and I alch it in hopes of getting at least a lvl 70 map but that has become hopeless. Now I have no chisels, and I am pretty broke in terms of alchs/chaos. After going bankrupt doing low lvl maps I am now forced back into lvl 66 maps. Seems like end game is forcing you backwards unless you have a static party to do it with.
Since last patch I've been running maps constantly, up to level 75 so far.
I play solo and don't have the problem to sustain a decent map pool, >50% of the time I get a map of equal level or higher of the map I'm running.

For 66-68 maps I use the recipe to get maps +1 level, then I trans/aug/alt 69-70 maps and shoot for 40-50% quantity. 71-72 get the alch/chaos treatment for 80%+ quantity. 73+ chisels for 100%+ quantity.

Sure sometimes 6* maps drop but I just collect them and use them for the recipe.
I did a couple hundred runs since patch and my 70+ pool is actually increasing every day, I'm always behind in farming chaos/alch to keep up with the map drop quantity.

This works exceptionally well for me, give it a try.
IGN: Rakkarnoth
Last edited by Gargravarr on Nov 28, 2013, 1:46:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info