[1.0.1] Frenzy Block Facebreaker Duelist/Ranger by Sycho

Sycho's Frenzy Facebreaker Build.

Hi everyone, this is my Frenzy Facebreaker Duelist/Ranger build guide.
I originally discovered the strengths of a facebreaker build during the start of the onslaught league when I found a pair on the first day that rolled 998% (facebreakers back then could roll 800-1000%). I used these leveling up my first account, which was a duelist, using infernal blow, but eventually died to elemental reflect at level 71. That is how pretty much every infernal blow facebreaker build dies. But now, with frenzy, you don't have to worry about elemental reflect at all!

So lets get to the build

Duelist:

Ranger:

Both builds each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
But they don't differ by much, its only preference.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Leveling guide

As you level up you can use whatever you want. I used infernal blow until around level 55-ish where I switched from it to Frenzy with melee splash.

Bandits are:
1. Help Oak - HP
2. Help Oak - Physical Damage
3. Help Kraityn - +1 to Maximum Frenzy Charge

Duelist

Ranger

The strengths and weaknesses of the facebreaker block build.

Strengths:
You punch things in the face.
You do an absurd amount of damage.
You are extremely tanky.
- Large life pool
- +20% Chance to block
- Getting life leech on gear as the Duelist and the Blood Drinker passive as ranger gives
you insane survivability cause you are leeching everything you're punching.

Weaknesses:
Facebreakers aren't weak!
No but in all seriousness, the only weakness to this build is you are in melee range of mobs. That's it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gearing!

This was the gear of my lvl 80 Ranger facebreaker "Vi" that I unfortunately and stupidly died on. I didn't die because this build is weak, I died because of my own stupidity. It was a lvl 71 map, and there was a Volatile Flameblood Zombie, which already does a ton of damage because the explosion scales off how hard the monster hits, and zombies hit hard but slow, it had an extra damage mod (cold I think) and the map rolled "Monsters deal an additional 95% damage as cold damage" or something like that. When it exploded it one hit me from 4850 HP with 80% to all resists. It was dumb. But anyway. This was my gear.

Spoiler

The two core components to this build are Facebreaker's, obviously, and Meginord's heavy belt. That's all you'll need to make this work. Bringer of Rain is a late game item if you have the money for it.
The only damage facebreaker's scale with is #Adds x-x physical damage and %Increase to melee physical damage. That's why you see the only damage nodes we take in the tree are %increase to melee physical damage or just %Increased physical damage.
On your rings and amulet you want Adds X-X Physical damage, along with life and resists.
On your shield you just want as much life and resists as possible.

Gems!
Spoiler
4 Link - Frenzy + Multi-Strike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic
5/6 Link - Melee Phys/Faster Attacks/Life Leech

I really recommend using Blood Magic because of how high the mana cost is on Frenzy. You won't be able to sustain the mana cost late game cause it hits over 85 mana per attack. It's just un-sustainable.

Auras
Reduced mana + Grace + Hatred
You could swap out hatred for Purity/Determination if you really wanted and just be super tanky or if you need the resists from Purity.

Quality on Gems!
Spoiler
1. Frenzy. With quality is absolutely ridiculous. At 20% Quality thats a bonus 7% increased attack speed per frenzy charge. Get quality on Frenzy!
2. Melee Splash. Every 1% of Quality on melee splash adds 1% increase to AOE.

Well that pretty much does it for the guide. I'll be adding to and updating this as I level up. Currently at level 79 on my Duelist Facebreaker in the Nemesis League.
I hope you enjoyed! If you want to come see my build in action/hangout, come stop by my twitch channel sycho_hc
Have a good one guys! And keep on breaking faces! :D

Last edited by _Sycho on Mar 20, 2018, 10:45:47 PM
: )
Saw your build on your stream the other day, looks very strong and fun to play, definitely i'll try it when i die with my char.
Trying this build and atm running it with blood rage and blood dance boots(no BoR yet). Atm 65 lvl and everything is so easy with very high regen with life leech and strong damage. Just wondering would blood dances be viable on maps with this build, since u are basicly trading possible life/resist/armor/evasion from boots for 7%life regen.

Anyone have any experience with blood dances with 7 charges on maps?
ign:Lurgoo, Lurgoy
"
Lurgo wrote:
Trying this build and atm running it with blood rage and blood dance boots(no BoR yet). Atm 65 lvl and everything is so easy with very high regen with life leech and strong damage. Just wondering would blood dances be viable on maps with this build, since u are basicly trading possible life/resist/armor/evasion from boots for 7%life regen.

Anyone have any experience with blood dances with 7 charges on maps?

Yes, this build is possible in end-game maps. I got as far up to 75 maps without too much trouble with it. Blood Dance is a force to be reckon with if built correctly. Life is not an issue, if you get it from BoR, rings, amulet, and shield. Resist might be an issue, but since you are doing a facebreaker, you mostly focusing on getting life, res, armor and frenzy charge nodes. As for armor/evasion, if you go IR, armor is the only thing you have to worry. You can easily get a lot of AR from BoR, shield, Grace/Determination, and to some extent Blood Dance can give you some armor.

That 7% life regen per second is priceless, if you have over 4k life.

My version of this build gets me almost 700 life regen.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

How much a facebreaker worth? Let's say, some with 770%+
"
kazeshinii wrote:
How much a facebreaker worth? Let's say, some with 770%+

I can sell you legacy 855 for 10chaos they going up with price all time because now is maximum perfect roll 800

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
770+ % Facebreakers in nemesis are like 5-10c
I payed 8c for my 798%
Last edited by _Sycho on Dec 2, 2013, 8:42:36 PM
bump
Thank for sharing :) and now my DPS is goin up to 20K+ DPS :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info