HC Elecleave. Immortal Call, Diamond Flasks

EB:

Long duration IC theoretically lets you ignore armor + granites, low mana cost on Cleave + Dual Strike allows you to not need much mana regen and high life allows you to take some punishment when taking spell damage.
I am level 47 atm with no mana regen passives and have been cruising through content without the resource or IC part of the build being fleshed out yet.

I dont know if EB is a good idea or if i should just ignore it and get some other passives? or maybe go for blood magic instead?
I also dont like the idea of not using pure ES gear because the armor portion of other items will be useless if IC is as good as i think it will be, however its not hard to get rid of the EB part of the build :)

BM:

Feedback appreciated, thanks

Edit:
no BM or EB 45% more skill duration (91 points x.x)
Last edited by Disterric on Jan 9, 2013, 9:38:01 PM
Relying completely on Immortal Call to tank incoming Physical Damage? Interesting... You could reach 8 seconds IC duration with 5 ECharges and the 75% buff duration boost. With even one Enduring Cry gem you could nearly constantly maintain IC.

I can see how it could theoretically be viable...

There are some other issues though, such as getting stunned. You could probably consider some of the Unique items, there are + max ECharges (+1,5 sec IC duration!) and Stun immunity ones, both of which would Greatly benefit your idea.

I'm thinking about several more things; you intrigued me with the idea; I'm not going to comment on the other build points just yet. Going to be visiting this thread again soon.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Unwavering stance is close if i go BM and i forgot about Kaoms, those would definitely be nice, too bad the ring is useless otherwise :/
I'm thinking about something that reminds me the most of Kripps Sweep Templar build...

So instead of going for HP; you go for Energy Shield and Chaos Inoculation - gaining your 2nd immunity, immunity to chaos damage. Another HUGE reason to go for ES instead of HP is the mere point efficiency - for far less ES nodes you get so much more. The two Body and Soul rings are rendered half useless with this build, but they are not needed considering you "compensate" for the "lack" of ES with physical immunity. I would just fetch 1 of them right near the start, for +10% elemental resist and +20% energy shield. Very worthy investment.

However; if I did that, I would also forget about the elemental damage and go for pure physical output. The reason being it is really easy to stack up a TON of physical damage; and physical reflect doesn't bother you at all - you are immune to physical damage, and elemental reflect would have a chance to damage you. Another major point of CI is you get to use Blood Rage "for free" non stop.

Marohi Erqi is a definite pick for the endgame with this build (on which even only 4 slots would suffice for insane damage output, Sweep+PhysDmg+PhysOnFL+AttSpd).

OK, as you can see I went quite far away from your original idea, but I see several improvements in "my version" of it. Notice the insanely low amount of points spent, and it is pretty much a completed build...

EDIT: you still need some uniques to make this work crazy well. Marohi Erqi (unrivaled melee DPS), Eye of Chayula (stun immunity), Kaoms Sign rings (+2 ECharges = +3 sec IC duration). Those three are crucial, I would say.

EDIT 2: can easily run Purity and Discipline, the only two needed auras for this build, because there is plenty of mana and mana regeneration (and even some reduced cost at the start of the tree, paired with a reduced cost support gem it will be practically on for free). Add Increased AoE to Sweep for more ownage; requires 5L.

EDIT 3: this build offers 94% resistance to all elements... I just can't remember what the HARD CAP was for elemental resist. 75% + passive 5% + 4% purity aura + 10% each from the three elemental resist flasks; which have +10% to max bonus.

EDIT 4: the build at level 76 sets your elemental resistances (along with Purity) at 122%, from that you subtract 75% merciless penalty, and you have 47% base elemental resistances, that means you need 47% more from items to reach the hard cap.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 7, 2013, 3:48:57 PM
I like your version of the build a lot, I think it and variants are the only melee builds marked under the "very efficient" category, however with that in mind I already knew it existed which made me weary to try it haha.

PoE does that for me, makes me want to try something new all the time, in the end i'm thinking I will just wait to see how they balance out the melee vs ranged disparity and go from there
"
Disterric wrote:
I like your version of the build a lot, I think it and variants are the only melee builds marked under the "very efficient" category, however with that in mind I already knew it existed which made me weary to try it haha.

PoE does that for me, makes me want to try something new all the time, in the end i'm thinking I will just wait to see how they balance out the melee vs ranged disparity and go from there

That is pretty much what I am doing right now. Waiting to see exactly which changes will come with Open Beta, so I can appropriately adapt and play something I enjoy.

I would also like to add that the build I just came up with above (I never saw it used/posted on forum before) is pretty much based on fundamental game design flaws... You gain two immunities and nigh-immunity to the third damage type, while dealing pretty much highest possible physical damage, in an AoE fashion. Can't really get more overpowered than that.
That looks like a really solid build. The only problem I see, is that it may be really hard to get charges in certain fights. I guess this could be solved by simply using a decoy and careful play on fights like that, though.
Charges are very easy to get just use 2x Enduring Cry gems.

You dont realy need that many points into skill duration when you get a quality immortal call, I seen builds that can keep it up almost all the time without any and just 2 Enduring Cry gems.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
"
takeme wrote:
Charges are very easy to get just use 2x Enduring Cry gems.

You dont realy need that many points into skill duration when you get a quality immortal call, I seen builds that can keep it up almost all the time without any and just 2 Enduring Cry gems.

It is about simplicity and worrying less - enjoying more... or at least it is for me. Anyway; with 1 Enduring Cry at level 20, you will easily stack up all the ECharges within about 12 seconds of the duration of Immortal Call. Enduring Cry has a cooldown of 4 seconds, so you can easily fit in two, even three of those in between Immortal Calls. Having two Enduring Cry gems is a bit of an overkill, yet definitely an option.

When it comes to quality IC, I quote "Each percentage of quality adds +0.01s Duration per Endurance Charge.", which means 20% quality adds an additional 0.2 seconds (effectively doubling the base value). Still not good enough for me, even though it definitely helps a tiny bit, adding about half a second to the total duration.

I would still pick Templar for this build though, you get about 3-4 points better efficiency and a bit stronger build overall.
Fortunately there may be a quest reward in OB that grants charges which is exiting news for IC builds. :) I definitely enjoy builds more when I'm focusing on positioning/hp/damage than always keeping my eyes glued to my buff bar which is why i picked up the extra skill duration in the no EB or BM build.
I have never actually used IC so if someone has a build that utilizes it the insight would be nice into how much of a pain it is to keep up all the time.
Last edited by Disterric on Jan 9, 2013, 9:28:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info