Storm Call should make shocking ground (because graphically it looks too sci-fi)

What does this skill do different than what we have? We already have MULTIPLE spells for shocking groups of enemies, of which shock nova is the undisputed king (Mostly because of it's rediculous quality bonus). It does pretty much the exact same damage as shock nova, so if quality storm call doesn't have the huge built in shock chance and shock duration shock nova does......why would I use it?
"
Gravethought wrote:
What does this skill do different than what we have? We already have MULTIPLE spells for shocking groups of enemies, of which shock nova is the undisputed king (Mostly because of it's rediculous quality bonus). It does pretty much the exact same damage as shock nova, so if quality storm call doesn't have the huge built in shock chance and shock duration shock nova does......why would I use it?

There's no hole.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
The "hole" in shock nova isn't an issue, because it shocks everything it does hit so damn effectively. Also I'd argue that storm call has something far worse than a hole. A delay. There's a very real chance your target is going to be dead before your bolts hit in groups.

Lightning spells should have built in shock chance. It's a shame that every skill that doesn't have this you has the hidden spell text "Useless without static blows".
"
Gravethought wrote:
Lightning spells should have built in shock chance. It's a shame that every skill that doesn't have this you has the hidden spell text "Useless without static blows".

They do. It's called the critical strike chance...
Spoiler
Storm Call should make shocking ground (because graphically it looks too sci-fi)
Spoiler
shocking ground (because graphically it looks too sci-fi)
Spoiler
shocking ground (because graphically
Spoiler
shocking ground
shocking

ground

Spoiler
:(
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
Gravethought wrote:
The "hole" in shock nova isn't an issue, because it shocks everything it does hit so damn effectively. Also I'd argue that storm call has something far worse than a hole. A delay. There's a very real chance your target is going to be dead before your bolts hit in groups.

You can stack far more reliable AoE. The hole is a big issue with traps and mines. Instead of shock nova I use lightning warp, which being a movement skill has lower dmg, less shock and a higher mana cost. I hope this skill can finally be that trap/ remote mine lightning skill that is needed. In fact in this manner there is also still a lot left for fire and cold to have added to this game.
"
Ozgwald wrote:
"
Gravethought wrote:

You can stack far more reliable AoE. The hole is a big issue with traps and mines. Instead of shock nova I use lightning warp, which being a movement skill has lower dmg, less shock and a higher mana cost. I hope this skill can finally be that trap/ remote mine lightning skill that is needed. In fact in this manner there is also still a lot left for fire and cold to have added to this game.

Wouldn't count on it working that well with Remote Mine.

Targeted AoE like these ( Firestorm, Rain of Arrows etc. ) on mines always target themselves instead of enemies it seems. Could work, but you'd either have to walk right into mobs or lure them over your mines. Neither is exactly time-efficient compares to traps, totems or self-cast.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
Ozgwald wrote:
lightning is far more spectacular on the topside of clouds

I love the sprites, but tacking them on despite the quoted part would be even more weird and unnecessary. It would look amazing in a different game, one where you can... I don't know, look up?

I'm actually fine with the Storm Call circles more or less, but if they were tweaked I would really enjoy seeing an effect similar to this. That movie is ripe for things that make one's skin crawl, including the dubbing in that YT upload.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
Science Fiction:

Science Fiction according to Scrotie:

LMAO! I genuinely thought the second photo was a screenshot from StarCraft II, and I was trying to work out which unit made that effect. Then I realised what it was actually a picture of.

Thanks lethal_papercut, you have convinced me of Scrotie's point better than he ever could have.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO USE THIS WITH CAST ON CRIT!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info