same problem here,

ati mobility radeon 4670

sometimes BSOD 0x00000116 dxkrnl.sys
"
elmaker wrote:
same problem here,

ati mobility radeon 4670

sometimes BSOD 0x00000116 dxkrnl.sys

Do the same thing as OP. Do a fresh install of your GPU drivers and hopefully it should solve your problem.

First download the driver you want to install, but don't install it yet unless ATI offers the same option as NVIDIA and you can do a clean installation through the installer under Custom Installation, otherwise follow the directions below.

If ATI doesn't offer a clean installation option then prior to installing new drivers go into your Device Manager (Start Menu -> Run -> Device Manager, or the longer route; Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager). Once there expand the 'Display adapters' dropdown and right click on your card and hit 'Uninstall'. MAKE SURE you also click the box to 'Delete the driver software for this device' hit OK, then restart you PC. Once booted up Windows might detect your card and try to install it's own drivers, that's shouldn't be a problem. Let it finish what it's doing and then start installing the driver you downloaded.
I wanted to be positive so I tested that with a full uninstall and fresh install of the older drivers and I still got crashes for a day or two, I tried the same thing with the new beta drivers and I still crash.... Thought that would fix it but I guess not, any other ideas? :s

"
devious00 wrote:
"
Supajin wrote:
"
devious00 wrote:
I came across this thread, something you should take a look at being a 500 series owner.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/572901/400-500-series-owners-please-read-/

If none of that works follow this guys youtube guide for tweaking the registry. Watch it in HD and you should be able to see what he's doing. Also read his videos description as it requires you to do a few things prior to messing with the registry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt00C-HXFbA#t=14

You seem to know a solution I haven't tried yet to fix this problem I've been having on my pc for about a week now. However I have a gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 video card. I'm having the same problems as OP.

I've tried

- --nosound + --softwareaudio
- installing POE on a different drive
- reinstalling POE
- bios to default settings
- POE on different settings
- Tinkered with processer power management
- Checked temps of CPU & GPU
- Drivers up to date
- Tried PoE on steam
- PoE Packcheck

Everything I tested resulted in a crash afterwards..

It's just PoE that crashes my computer with a black screen, I've tested multiple other games and they work just fine. Any ideas ? =]

Your drivers may be up to date, but was it a clean install of the GPU driver in particular? If you just simply installed over them then old drivers would be left behind and could cause problems. I'm not to familiar with Radeons, do they have a similar feature as the Nvidia installer in the driver installation when you select Custom Installation -> Perform a clean installation?

If not you just have to do it yourself through the device manager.
What temps are you getting? Do you control your fan speeds to make sure you aren't overheating?

Did you try the registry fix by following that youtube video?

Sounds like you might be in need of a new card if nothing is working.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info