The Summoner Compendium

Question

1.Regarding innerbuffs skill node,

do the buffs affect my minions as well?

Or is it better to invest my points somewhere else?

I invested into EB to get sustain more auras.

2.Armor-Summoner works good? anyone tried?
taking a break, selling my entire inventory for a better day, 400+exalts worth of items
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/737161
IGN:_Antivirus
Inner Force affects the buffs on you, not the buff you cast, so it doesn't affect minions. If you go Eb you definitely want Inner force, so you get a stronger clarity and discipline to benefit even more from EB.

As for armor sure why not but the good armor nodes are very far from summoner, the ones you want for a real armor build are the ones in the duellist area that give 50% for 3points each. The Templar hybrid ones are good because they're hybrid but armor wise they don't give as much. You'll also want shield defense nodes(the ones in Bulwark node in templar area are great for that) and use a full armor shield. That means no implicit resists on the shield from kite shields though, so you gotta work around that. But you could end up with a lot of armor on a summoner, and even run Determination with EB.
Hello dears,

I have an Arc summoner lev 50 and i wanted to ask you guys if you can Tell me the names or even better link all summoner items(unique) there are in Path of Exile for example i knoe about those ullir boots the sidebreath amulet and midnight bargain and this 2-handed sword are there also other items like rings/helmets/gloves orso?
"
Mercutio1337 wrote:
Hello dears,

I have an Arc summoner lev 50 and i wanted to ask you guys if you can Tell me the names or even better link all summoner items(unique) there are in Path of Exile for example i knoe about those ullir boots the sidebreath amulet and midnight bargain and this 2-handed sword are there also other items like rings/helmets/gloves orso?

Doedre's Damning Unique ring: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Unique_Rings "Enemies can have 1 Additional Curse". With two Doedre's Damnings and the curse passive, you can cast up to 4 curses on enemies.

+1~2 Minion gem level helmet: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162753 This stat boost minion's health and DPS a lot.
Alright... so i already posted on this matter, but i'm wondering what you guys think. I don't have a 5 or 6 link item, only two four links, and i've been agonizing over how to use my rarity/quality support gems.
I have a +2 to minion lvl helm, and that's where my skelly/zomb gems are, but without a damage gem they can't really do enough killing to justify putting both in. Spectres, on the other hand, need damage and gmp for maximum efficiency, and with those they can outkill the other two to insane degrees...but i cant fit both.

Is it better for me to just forget about the item gems until i have a 6 link chest? Do they make enough difference for the nerf to killing speed?

edit: i just 5-linked the queen's decree i just found, in a single fusing. should change things.... except that i blew like 70 chromatics trying to get the damn thing the right colors! still useless lol
Last edited by aspiringhuman on Feb 19, 2013, 2:02:46 AM
As a Newbie and Fan of a Summoner i read til site 16 when an important Question came up for me .
Right now i like a CI build and getting my points into:
- All Minion Nodes + ES + Resi
- Minion Instability
- 2x Body and Soul
Maybe Curses too.
But what i really wonder about:
Why the Hell doesnt anybody who goes for CI take Pain Attunement????
O_O
Its only 2 nodes away and give you 30% more spell dam when low on life.
I wonder if 1 HP isnt low enough????
Do i miss something here?

Edit:You right....still a nice thread which gave me much inspiration.
Last edited by _Singularity_ on Feb 19, 2013, 10:51:35 AM
"
_Singularity_ wrote:
As a Newbie and Fan of a Summoner i read til site 16 when an important Question came up for me .
Right now i like a CI build and getting my points into:
- All Minion Nodes + ES + Resi
- Minion Instability
- 2x Body and Soul
Maybe Curses too.
But what i really wonder about:
Why the Hell doesnt anybody who goes for CI take Pain Attunement????
O_O
Its only 2 nodes away and give you 30% more spell dam when low on life.
I wonder if 1 HP isnt low enough????
Do i miss something here?

I am not sure, but i think it is because 1/1 hp is full hp, low hp means something like 290/1000 .
my IGN : Eliasine
Just a little update on my Shadow Summoner : Finally hit lvl 75... Still destroying maps with few issues. Only maps that really give me trouble are those with no mana regen... I need to borrow my Shadow's Warlord's Mark and will need to aquire a Mana Leech for those... Just got my first lvl 70 Maps , which I'll be attempting in the next few days.

Here's where i'm at in the skill tree.

I have 2.2K HP, about 550 ES (800 if I use Discipline)... My Elemental Resists are capped at 78%... Chaos at - 44. I currently have enough mana to run the following auras :

Clarity, Purity and Discipline OR Clarity, Purity and Vitality. The Mana regen Speed I have is enough to Cast Firestorm and Artic Breath non-stop, while I can recast my army whenver I want to. With Dual Curses, I can run a variety of curses depending of situation. I mostly use Vulnerability and Enfeeble... But I can see myself using Warlord's Mark and Maybe Punishment in select situations (Need to experiment on these). Conversion trap is a great way to turn an enemy boss into a friend, hence saving your army from being one shotted. It's really great to be able to negate a high threat while using him to take out his own minions in the process. Overall, survivability is high for both my summons and myself.

------------------------------------

Here's the gear i'm currently using. Before it was good, but now i'm extremely happy with the setup... The Circlet is plain crasy... My Zombies have 13K HP now lol...

Spoiler

I'd like you guys opinions on where to go next on the skill tree though. I'm thinking of getting this guy to LVL 80, maybe even 85 if it's not a tedious bore to do...

------------------------------------
Basically, I have a couple different possibilities for the next levels... Assuming I only keep going for 5 more levels, that would allow me to pursue a few things.

1 - I could go all mana and try to run another aura. This would allow me to have Clarity, Purity, Discipline and Vitality running together. I'm almost there, just need slightly more mana... Maybe even on an item..
2 - I could go HP and gain a bigger health pool. More Survivability is always good. Then again ,it's not hardcore.
3 - I could hit Eldrich battery. Not sure it's a good idea since i'm running out of spell slots anyway, so I could only run one or two more auras anyways... And losing my rechargeable hit buffer would annoy me.
4 - The one that's most appealing to me as of now... I could get static blows and the shock chance passives...

It's where I would like your opinion guys. I haven't tried this setup myself yet, but I would gladly like the imput of some that did.

I'm thinking of running the Wrath Aura (Pretty Cheap when it comes to mana) not really for the dmg it deals, but for the chance to shock it provides. If I get static blows and the other shock passives (3 Skill Points Spent + I could get another 5% shock in the shadow area if I wanted to), I would get a pretty good shock chance and shock duration. I could add the Lightning Curse to increase the shock % to something akin to 30%/35% Shock chance. Assuming I have an army of 20 foes, I should in theory be constantly shock enemies.

Basically, for those that pursued this "Static Blow necro", is it efficient ? Likewise, can you shock any enemy (including uniques and bosses ?). Is the damage added worth it ? Is the lightning curse necessary in said case ?

Basically, any discussion about where to go would be appreciated. Thankies.

EDIT : Just read more about Static Blows and the shock chances, apparently it requires the Lightning dmg to be above 1% of total dmg dealt, which I doubt will happen in said case... So no static blows for me unless I misunderstood the theorycratfing behind this. Guess i'll get a few good nodes here and there.

PS: This thread rocks !
Was I Dreaming ? - Harry Mason
Last edited by Mortiferius on Feb 19, 2013, 4:43:26 PM
Anyone here toss conversion traps? It's fun. I have 2 at different levels, connected to increased duration. It converts rares as well, so when I meet a rare, I toss all 6 traps at it. Then it proceeds to destroy its pals. Fun times.
IGN: EnemaBojio
League: Standard
Guild: JoeyBestDog
All Boss Kills Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOioeoVLdsY
so i've made myself a summoner witch and i am loving it.
went pretty quickly to level 50 but somewhere i started to notice that i get next to no drops at all lately.
the first bunch of levels i was assisting in killing with fireballs but since about cruel i've been mostly killing with exploding minions
and it seems like this breaks the drops somewhat.

vaal died with dropping an orb and a white item nothing else, anyone else noticing this? or is it just rng

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info