Frontfrontfrontbeards week race summoner build

Hello and thx for the info, very useful for summoner lovers!

I got a question. I played more or less a year before (65 level HC summoner or so before dying) and I notice now in the game there are auras, skeletons, and zombies can travel from zone to zone (not before, you got to resummon and kill yourself before).

So, summoner is way better playable now.

BUT I noticed, at least in the early, zombies can't tank. I am level 32 and I see zombies dying and dying almos in every mob. And I'm only in act1 cruel. I waste my mana insanely resummoning constantly, and almost it's better ignore them and use just skeletons.

Im linking them minion damage + minion life, but they still died and died (got 6 atm).

Is it normal? It becomes better later or what?
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
Valmar wrote:
Hello and thx for the info, very useful for summoner lovers!

I got a question. I played more or less a year before (65 level HC summoner or so before dying) and I notice now in the game there are auras, skeletons, and zombies can travel from zone to zone (not before, you got to resummon and kill yourself before).

So, summoner is way better playable now.

BUT I noticed, at least in the early, zombies can't tank. I am level 32 and I see zombies dying and dying almos in every mob. And I'm only in act1 cruel. I waste my mana insanely resummoning constantly, and almost it's better ignore them and use just skeletons.

Im linking them minion damage + minion life, but they still died and died (got 6 atm).

Is it normal? It becomes better later or what?

It should have already gotten better compared to earlier levels and yes it'll get even better. You need to make sure you focus on getting the minion life nodes and the big difference imo is once you have Discipline aura and level it a bit so it reaches your zombies most of the time, then they'll barely lose any health due to the ES blocking most stuff and mobs often changing targets. You could try running a Rejuvenation totem too, it makes your zombies a lot tankier early game, assuming you take one of the big +30str node to keep it leveled up a bit. They're never going to be immortal, but eventually you only resummon zombies once in a while unless they're fighting aoe mobs. For example suicide mobs areas are still terrible even at lvl 60 with Purity and Discipline on your zombie and maxed minion life nodes+gem.
Ok mate, thx a lot for info.
I didn't know if I were doing something wrong or what, bacause I got almost all life nodes (only one missing).
I will try the totem and auras then. Actually I got the energy shield aura, but it almost never reach them, I am usually far from them.

I will focus on increase those things and hope It will be better. Thanks.

Its still playabale at the moment, but need tones of mana I don't always have :)
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jan 4, 2013, 6:59:32 AM
Really nice build Depimpe! I always lean towards a summoner class in
most games but didn't know exactly how to go about it in this game, although I did
know it had to do something with the minion nodes, wasn't sure how the grand picture
would come out to be. Shout outs from New York
-CookieJarPink
i love this build, its so fun to play, i will play it surely in OB cause here its not much time to get lvl 60 or so.
tried build it earlier by myself but it wasnt so good, now i can play my beloved summoner, thx bro:)
Will there be any big changes for Witch/Summoner/the Gems you use?

Would be cool to change the build for OB then :)
Really excellent, concise summary. I'm starting this build right now just because of that.
Bump
Strange, Ages did not change this Place

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info