Feels Elemental Bow Build - How to deal with Elemental Reflect and farm really fast

Hey i just started my first ranger in PoE, I'm not too experienced whit the game atm. So i wanned to ask what is the best "Bandit Quest" reward for this build. I allways picked the skill point reward, but here I'm thinking about picking the +life reward. What are your opinions on this question. Thanx

Eleela xD
Last edited by Eleela on Jan 13, 2013, 2:54:18 PM
Haven't really heard about the changes regarding this build, Feels, do you think it will get nerfed in some way? Will it still be as good and usable as now?
Hey analdischarge !

at which lvl would ya recommend the passive: iron reflexes? Im level 25 atm and i've tried it at lvl 23 and it was really worse :(. Maybe i should pick it at a higher level?

greetings
Wouldn't it be better for this build to start as Templar; Rather than a Ranger?

It seems Increased Elemental damage with weapons passive points are the main focus of this build. Why would you not take this one step further and also include Increased Elemental Damage passive points near the Templar tree.

You would lose Evasion% passive points near the ranger tree and gain more damage. Percentage of evasion which is turned to armor with Iron Reflex. After a certain point Armor is not that great of stats. it is horrible for PvP and in PvE nothing will ever get close to hit you with this build.

have i missed or overlooked something? Anyhow, this is a great build and i intend to use this for OB although i plan on starting at the Templar side of the passive node tree.
maybe it is hardel to lvl up gems without the lots of dexterity, since you will have str mainly if u start templar
This build uses the bandit skill point reward.

As far as I know this build has not been directly nerfed, but i have a feeling the huge changes in OB and new areas will need to be adapted to.

I do no have a direct recommendation for when you should level Iron Reflexes, however as the game continues it definitely becomes more and more preferable (get it whenever it feels more powerful)

This sort of build is viable with a templar start however as far as i have tested (limited) I found the damage to be much lower (no crit passives)
IGN: Feels
"
analdischarge wrote:
This sort of build is viable with a templar start however as far as i have tested (limited) I found the damage to be much lower (no crit passives)

You must have misunderstood what i meant or i don't know what you mean. Either way there is no change in Crit Passives for this build.

Your Build: >>> Ranger <<<

My Alteration: >>> Templar <<<

Both builds have 15 Points left.

Differences of the two builds:

Ranger Loses:
6% Attack Speed
48% Evasion (this number seems huge but it is just armor and the damage reduction is nothing at all)
16% Life

Templar Gains:
31% Elemental Damage (this is the reason why to start as templar)
7% Reduced Mana Cost (this will be HP since we pay with blood magic)
Better Mana Regen at start before the Blood Magic keystone.

Last edited by lllll8lllll on Jan 14, 2013, 7:43:19 AM
Is there any point in getting life leech on gear? Or is only the gem needed for this to be effecient?
"
Zand wrote:
Is there any point in getting life leech on gear? Or is only the gem needed for this to be effecient?

This build deals elemental damage, meaning that gears leech (physical leech) will not significantly help us at all.
"
lllll8lllll wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

You must have misunderstood what i meant or i don't know what you mean. Either way there is no change in Crit Passives for this build.

Your Build: >>> Ranger <<<

My Alteration: >>> Templar <<<

Both builds have 15 Points left.

Differences of the two builds:

Ranger Loses:
6% Attack Speed
48% Evasion (this number seems huge but it is just armor and the damage reduction is nothing at all)
16% Life

Templar Gains:
31% Elemental Damage (this is the reason why to start as templar)
7% Reduced Mana Cost (this will be HP since we pay with blood magic)
Better Mana Regen at start before the Blood Magic keystone.

They are very comparable, 6% ias and 31% ED will give similar dps increases. The real difference is if you would rather have 16% life or 7% reduced mana cost, seems to me that the mana cost is better but it is still very comparable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info