ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

is it worth, or rather, is it possible to use pierce with EK? i was thinking that i could use it with drillneck quiver for increased dmg. dont know if it would be more effective than a high spell dmg wand though. if not with the drill neck is it worth using the gem and maybe taking the pierce nodes on the new tree? if this skill could pierce its seems it would be a lot better for mob clears.

Another question. i was planning to use EK+trap build for new league. it seems like fun. my plan was to use EK+trap and have it pierce from the middle of a mob of something like that. was also planning on using point blank to increase its dmg at that range. what do you guys think about that idea? is it even possible?
"
vamoosh13 wrote:
is it worth, or rather, is it possible to use pierce with EK? i was thinking that i could use it with drillneck quiver for increased dmg. dont know if it would be more effective than a high spell dmg wand though. if not with the drill neck is it worth using the gem and maybe taking the pierce nodes on the new tree? if this skill could pierce its seems it would be a lot better for mob clears.

Another question. i was planning to use EK+trap build for new league. it seems like fun. my plan was to use EK+trap and have it pierce from the middle of a mob of something like that. was also planning on using point blank to increase its dmg at that range. what do you guys think about that idea? is it even possible?

? EK is already 100% piercing.

Ek+trap really suffers from the cooldown and doesn't work in practice on it's own.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Are you sure? From what i know, EK can benefit from piercing... Sure, the gain from piercing maybe is somewhat "minimal" (considering you don't have a very large pack of mobs) since EK cannot shotgun and one mob can be hit only one time per cast.
Last edited by joint77 on Aug 18, 2014, 2:46:08 PM
oh i didnt know it pierced.and now that i loooked over the tree there is no trap cooldown nodes, i think. oh well, dreams dashed. i still want to build a fast cast ek though. thx for the help.
"
joint77 wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Are you sure? From what i know, EK can benefit from piercing... Sure, the gain from piercing maybe is somewhat "minimal" (considering you don't have a very large pack of mobs) since EK cannot shotgun and one mob can be hit only one time per cast.

"
Chundadragon wrote:

I think this build will be really sought after in 1.2, only thing is, in my variation for 1.2 I chased life nodes to get to a (measley?) + 142% life, and also going for aura reserve nodes & mana regen nodes, thing is with IR, MoM, EB and the 14% life node at the scion I didn't put a lot in actual dmg nodes, can someone improve on the build below please?

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNhqjPVvyBSi2Ra_BiMfQQMetUgPq5cGLYMZipu1UzXEorvj_rrbC4IeiELBxX_GEZYOSOOENj1tbH1brEdRTMpKwzoppU4qW6_dDSzpFSAqTYUydPEY20p9h3ZnoPzFGo_22vsJRnGDCW-eKPpXyQ186rq0DB2q4Yj56ILH42o26frSHRSPRqcIuJPr7hZvJKpk5xcvgKRV1lNSRZ2a4AcelS7w1UlRVUth4iaVCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11QYe3Pv4K2L2QCsu95oFd8g==

Also, what about coldhearted calculation? Is it worth it for EK build?
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Aug 19, 2014, 11:45:31 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
I think this build will be really sought after in 1.2, only thing is, in my variation for 1.2 I chased life nodes to get to a (measley?) + 142% life, and also going for aura reserve nodes & mana regen nodes, thing is with IR, MoM, EB and the 14% life node at the scion I didn't put a lot in actual dmg nodes, can someone improve on the build below please?

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAsNhqjPVvyBSi2Ra_BiMfQQMetUgPq5cGLYMZipu1UzXEorvj_rrbC4IeiELBxX_GEZYOSOOENj1tbH1brEdRTMpKwzoppU4qW6_dDSzpFSAqTYUydPEY20p9h3ZnoPzFGo_22vsJRnGDCW-eKPpXyQ186rq0DB2q4Yj56ILH42o26frSHRSPRqcIuJPr7hZvJKpk5xcvgKRV1lNSRZ2a4AcelS7w1UlRVUth4iaVCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11QYe3Pv4K2L2QCsu95oFd8g==

Also, what about coldhearted calculation? Is it worth it for EK build?

in ziggy's vid on the new tree, he says 150-170% for HC, so soft core 140% may be fine? also, remember life gained per level is going up to 12, so that will have an impact.

i notice you dont take alot of extra strength nodes on your tree. i have a hard time keeping my red gems leveled with strength off gear alone. plus, strength adds life. maybe this is a noob confession?

do we know how much mana is reduced in new league for skills, and what the changes to aura costs are? that seems like it will impact whether we need to chase those aura nodes across the tree or not, although they are so juicy! but there are all the new +% phys dmg nodes that i just dont want to resist :P 40% with master of force cluster. nice.

excited to see what happens with this build with new tree/mechanics. best toon i've played so far. but the stretch from EB to MOM seems a bit longer now, makes me wonder if we have to sacrifice too much dps to get there?
I am the stone that the builder refused.
~~~~~

well I have acces to Might, Physique and Beef (+ 30 str each, 1 skill point away) so str should not be an issue in extremis.

I only know that clarity is nerfed (so mana regen becomes importan-er) and AA is... changed.

I don't know why, but I don't like master of force cluster... personal choice.

MoM could be replaced with cloak of defiance, but it will be pretty nasty to get a 6L one...
Second-class poe gamer
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Ark20 wrote:
"
joint77 wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

"
Chundadragon wrote:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Zarondd wrote:
Does pierce work with EK?
Yes, the knives gain a chance to pierce.
"
Zarondd wrote:
As in will EK now hit the same target more then once assuming they pierced through another target first
No. Each target can still only be hit once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info