ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

Hey. I've played this build back in the previous 4 month league and I've had so much fun. Now I came back to playing PoE and decided to roll a shadow for this build to maximize everything.

What is the go to spell right now to level up as a shadow if I'm gonna take the spell dmg nodes and everything for the final build? I wanna level as quickly as possible, I have every good 2h unique weapon for spectral throw leveling but not sure if it would work with the spell dmg nodes and stuff. So what is the go to spell to level up right now and can carry me up until lvl 60 or so when I switch to EK...?

Thanks!

edit: also I just read the stat breakdown of scion and the new shadow build and it seems we get less dmg from the shadow build but like 20% more hp. Is it really better? I couldn't really tell. Survivability wasn't an issue with the build so far anyways... Can anybody explain why Ziggy says the shadow one is better?
Last edited by attiGT on Jul 31, 2014, 3:33:44 AM
"
buks wrote:
it seems we get less dmg from the shadow build but like 20% more hp. Is it really better?

I don't know about you, but for me, 20% more HP with the same points is a HUGE deal. Dmg is meh anyways, in SC I wouldn't play this build. For HC it's brilliant though. Played my Shadow to 71 in the HC rage, but I just wanted more dps so I rolled an Arc witch that has yet to die :P If she does, I'll gladly go back to this heh.
Last edited by therealjcool on Aug 1, 2014, 7:04:30 AM
Why does ur EK look different?

What support gem are you using?
"
PJSaltTruck wrote:
Why does ur EK look different?

What support gem are you using?

MTX.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
With the changes to the new tree in the up coming patch will this revert back to Scion? I'm asking because I want to try messing around with this build again when Forsaken Master's comes out but I don't want to start with one character and have it just not work as well as it does on another character (last time I played Scion and then you switched to Shadow and I was sadface)
I think Scion is better yes, Shadow doesn't really apply now.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-ejYvf4Ktz5Bh0rIbqq18jWSKaVOKluv3Q0s6RUgKk0_J4UydPEY20p9h3ZnoPzFpDnQgUfiIuIabJ2upwi4k-vuKPqCx-NqNukkqhZvgKQksIbRFy_60mTnVdYtqNtZt9aDCbGQrEd9W1FMb57KSsSilwYtgxmKm7XDOhqP9tr7CRa_D6tTNR9BAx5h4iaVVUvA40tX8bMk2IVt1YFTUkWdmuDGnhB_DH3-urvj2wuCHohCwcV_xhzckye0DEZxL2_ZE3C77BgRlgcelS7w1UlRJjwW8y-dKlNilbJwSbHXz_k374g=
"
Chundadragon wrote:
I think Scion is better yes, Shadow doesn't really apply now.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-ejYvf4Ktz5Bh0rIbqq18jWSKaVOKluv3Q0s6RUgKk0_J4UydPEY20p9h3ZnoPzFpDnQgUfiIuIabJ2upwi4k-vuKPqCx-NqNukkqhZvgKQksIbRFy_60mTnVdYtqNtZt9aDCbGQrEd9W1FMb57KSsSilwYtgxmKm7XDOhqP9tr7CRa_D6tTNR9BAx5h4iaVVUvA40tX8bMk2IVt1YFTUkWdmuDGnhB_DH3-urvj2wuCHohCwcV_xhzckye0DEZxL2_ZE3C77BgRlgcelS7w1UlRJjwW8y-dKlNilbJwSbHXz_k374g=

EK is physical damage and from the Shadow start with the 5 nodes leading to your linked build, you get 5 global physical damage nodes:
15% Phys + 12 Life / 12% Phys / 10% Phys / 10% Phys / 10% Phys = 57% Phys + 12 Life

From the Scion start it's only 4 nodes to enter your linked build, but it has far lower gain:
10% SD / 6% SD / 6% SD / 6% SD = 28% SD

I'd say the Shadow variant is superior, but you lose a bit of flexibility if you also were to use skill gems that scale with spell damage only.
Last edited by visibledark on Aug 14, 2014, 3:18:13 PM
Okay yeh, I agree with that - I was only looking at the elemental side. Rip Scion xD
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Okay yeh, I agree with that - I was only looking at the elemental side. Rip Scion xD

I think your linked tree is a good base, started using it as a template :]

It's an option to continue from sniper (projectile nodes near the shadow start) to quickness, the 2 nodes provide 8% projectile damage / 20% global phys / 5 mov spd / 10 dex.

I'm getting the idea EK will have quite an improved damage potential thanks to the new tree ^^
Could you switch out the faster casting gem on EK for spell echo?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info