IndieDB win, new video, small upcoming patch and one week race

A one-week hardcore race event started half an hour ago. There are currently over 1000 entrants competing for its prizes. I'd encourage you to try it out if you're interested and have time over the holiday period!

The 0.9.13j patch will probably be deployed on Wednesday or Thursday, NZ time. It focuses on more server stability/scaling improvements and also makes a few changes to how our ladder system works. Characters in races will be saved more frequently to the ladder, and the ladders will persist after races end, so that the standings are preserved. This patch also contains a fix to the full realm crash that has been occurring every few days for several years. We are very pleased to solve this at last.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to get the new Build of the Week video ready for today like I thought. The weekend was pretty busy with the above changes. The new video is still a priority in the very near future once we find time amidst our other work.

This is my last news post before I take a day off for Christmas. I hope everyone has a great holiday, in or out of Wraeclast. See you in two days with hopefully more good news :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 23, 2012, 11:08:30 PM
Why the double post?
Enjoy your day off, I think its been earned :)

Happy holidays to the whole staff!
thats a good news,well deserved :)
"
Crossflip wrote:
Why the double post?

Oops, thanks!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Looking good, can't wait!

Act 3 is going to be absolutely amazing.

Early Merry Christmas to you Chris!
It looks good, would it be possible for the roof fading effect to apply to some of the pillars that block the view of your character?
The devs have stated before that the pillars issue is one with their graphics engine. So this wont't be fixed soon, if ever.

I would believe the roof fading is more of an "effect", whereas the pillars is merely a solid obstruction. Meaning, there's TONS of instances of the pillars, and few roof fading "scenes".

Could be wrong though.

Chris and Devs:

Enjoy your Christmas break, you've earned it.

P.S.

Alpha please :)
That makes sense, it's only a minor issue. Nice to see there won't be any viewing problems with combat indoors.

Oh and of course, Merry Christmas to all!

P.S.

Me before SL4Y3R :)
Last edited by Drakx on Dec 23, 2012, 11:12:16 PM
Fixing the pillar issue requires making entirely new assets I think. Roofs were made to disappear.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info