What do you think about this Build 1 .

I'd like to make something like that:
~150% Life
High Life Leech (Equipment Mainly)
"Long Range" Sweep
High Physical Damage and Speed

Bosses will be a problem though.
Oh, and not meant for HC of course.

Build 2, added Knockback distance and chance, removed something (not a big deal).
"The harder the game, the better."
Last edited by Vold316 on Dec 21, 2012, 6:32:09 PM
Seems like it could work.

Are you planning on using sweep as your primary attack skill?

You should also pick up Armor Mastery right at the start instead of that 20 strength. +43% armor is nothing to scoff at for a cost of 1 passive point from elsewhere and 20 strength.
Of course it works. I'm playing it under blood rage and phase run.

Though I'm planning to do it without Blood Magic due to the fact that I could use two auras like determination and hatred for another armour & damage boost.

Using warlords mark, immortal call, sweep (life leech), heavy strike and devouring totem and the three uniques kaoms sign, meginords girdle heavy belt & carnage heart onyx amulett.
Joined 07.08.2011 as Arebor
Last edited by Zagharos on Dec 22, 2012, 1:52:27 AM
"
Zagharos wrote:
Of course it works. I'm playing it under blood rage and phase run.

Though I'm planning to do it without Blood Magic due to the fact that I could use two auras like determination and hatred for another armour & damage boost.

Using warlords mark, immortal call, sweep (life leech), heavy strike and devouring totem and the three uniques kaoms sign, meginords girdle heavy belt & carnage heart onyx amulett.

Maybe something like THIS (Mana based).
If you're planning on using Determination and Hatred (which is dexterity based, so get a bit dexterity), then they will soak up at most 70% of your mana pool. No need to pick up the five +8% mana keystones if you have a bit of mana leech or a Blood Magic support stone to power your primary attack. Worst case scenario: if your total mana pool is the bare minimum of 321 mana at level 70, you can leech up to around 40 mana/second and you'll have around 100 available mana. However, getting them if needed at some point and then respeccing them away later once you have the proper auras and support stones may be a good idea.

I don't think Prestidigitation is going to help you much, since you won't have a huge mana pool and you have no other buffs to mana regeneration rate. It'll take you from 5.7 to 6.8 mana/second in the worst case scenario. Also, Sweep is not a spell, so it won't benefit from the increased cast speed.

Body and Soul is a little weird choice, but I'm guessing you really want it for the elemental resist, which is legit. You also have a lot of armor bonuses, but that may not be a bad thing.
I think you are right, mana leech equipment is probably the best option.
BM Support gem, hmmm, nope, because you really need there another gem (to max out life leeching / damage / speed).
Prestidig... yea, well it's pretty close. Although, i think you are right here too, it'd be better to drop it and drop two 8% mana nodes and go for the other two 5% mana reserve reduction nodes.
Anyways, this ain't my build. :p

With the build's i posted in OP, i'm not planning to have high survivability, but to stand in the middle of a crowd and use sweep as it'd be a whirlwind and take advantage of the high damage and vaal pact to try to survive. Not sure if it'd be possible, i'd like to test it out but i won't have enough time untill OB, so...
Last edited by Vold316 on Dec 22, 2012, 9:53:22 AM
"
Vold316 wrote:
I think you are right, mana leech equipment is probably the best option

Yes it is!

Last edited by Zagharos on Jan 3, 2013, 8:39:40 AM
Last edited by Zagharos on Jan 3, 2013, 8:42:22 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/66103

For those interested in my version of the VP/RT Marauder, check out the above link to my build.

I think the key differences here is that I don't bother with Blood Magic (I think that's double suicide), I manage Mana through mana leech and mana regen, and I use Ground Slam instead of Sweep.

@Zagharos: I didn't think to use the Hatred aura since it works off of physical damage, but it's viable so long as you have a reduced mana gem attached to it. I just ran my Marauder with the Hatred and Anger auras on, and it's still manageable mana-wise.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info