Account steam link but no characters

Hi,

Yesterday, I created a new account to link it with my current steam account because I don't want to use Steam for play at PoE but I want to keep my character.

Almost 15 hours and still no characters...

Is it normal?

Thank you in advance,

Sylrus.
I honestly have no idea how this would work, and hope someone can explain it to me.

You will need to email support@grindinggear.com to sort this out if the problem persists.
Apparently your PoE-account overwrites your steam-account. Which means, that if you didn't have any characters on your PoE-account and you did have on your steam-account, you won't have any characters after linking the two accounts.

I have the exact same problem atm. I have both mailed and PM'ed GGG with no result yet - really hope they're able to unlink the accounts, so I can get back my characters.

Cheers.
Basically when I try to connect to my steam account it redirects me to my new account PoE (This account when I write this message). I can't access to my old steam account. If I lose my Ranger 78 with Lioneye's in Domination League wtf...

I sent them an email, I'll let you know.
Last edited by Sylrus78 on Nov 13, 2013, 10:55:07 AM
Yeah well, you have to be patient. I've for an answer since monday now, so I guess they're quite busy.
Same thing happened to me...I wish there would have been a notification that states when you link an account it will remove all previously created characters. Unless something is fixed looks like I won't be playing this game anymore.
same here :x
"
Same thing happened to me...I wish there would have been a notification that states when you link an account it will remove all previously created characters. Unless something is fixed looks like I won't be playing this game anymore.

The characters aren't removed.. they're just on a "different" account.

They can almost always be re-linked without issue unless you've done something to make it difficult fro them (like create characters on BOTH accounts).

Just email support and tell them exactly what you want/need (the FINAL outcome of what you want) and include character and account names so they know where you want stuff. Also specify if you want to be able to play on both Steam AND the Classic client, or just one or the other.
Thanks you all for your messages I hope to have an answer tomorrow.

"
Drakier wrote:
Just email support and tell them exactly what you want/need (the FINAL outcome of what you want) and include character and account names so they know where you want stuff. Also specify if you want to be able to play on both Steam AND the Classic client, or just one or the other.

I have not said everything as you said in your message, but most is present.
Last edited by Sylrus78 on Nov 14, 2013, 11:52:13 AM
30 minutes ago when I was playing with my 33 level witch , game suddenly crashed and then when I wanted to login again but my character wasn't there how could it be. On the PoH site I can see my character and full of items but can't see in the game. Can anybody help for this. Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info