Guide: Fireball CI Curser - Proliferated Burning Critical Fire Damage | In-depth | SC |

If i see a video and i like i will respec my caster witch as she is bored since i sold her gear xD. Always nice to see well explained guides dude
Very nice and interesting read and a thorough explanation and guide, thumbs up .
(Also nice to see a loworb cost build instead of one costing 60 exalts !)
Hows survivability with this build? Im extremely new with out access to decent gear
"
Emnesty1 wrote:
Kim Jong Un is that you ?

Well, can you give an approximate DPS number please ? With curses, crit, and very good gear ? I wonder how much we can reach.I read that you write Instant damage plus burning damage = 5115% But, in DPS how much is that ? Thanks for helping, and BTW very good build.

EDIT: This is now outdated since i have made changes

Okay i can make a very rough estimation, scientifically not very sound.

I'm assuming that you have all the crit damage nodes in the build, 20% lvl 20 critical weakness. That means your ignite will do around 29 times the normal fireball damage over 6 seconds. Just the ignite.

How much will one fireball hit for? Well, if i look at my lvl 18 fireball it says 975-1462, average 1218 . That number is excluding a potential 69% more damage from concentrated effect, not showing in tooltip, 20% increased area damage from nodes that are also not showing, an increase of 19.8% damage by the last 2 levels of the base gems, and a bit more power from items and one fireball will do:

1218 * 1.67 * 1.19 * 1.198 = 2900 damage

So, the burn ddps over the 6 seconds duration of burn (with temporal chains), is:

(2900 * 29) / 6 = 14017 dps

That is just the burn alone. Now, we can reach around 1.9 fireballs per second, of which up to 45% of them will crit with up to 912% modifier. Therefore, the average single target damage of one fireball will be:

2900 * (0.55 * 1 + 0.45*9) = 13340

Since we cast up to 1.9 per second, and since none can cast with these gems nonstop, lets assume we can cast 80% of the time, then the direct dps when casting will be:

13340 dmg/cast * 1.9 cast/sec * 0.8 = 220277 dps

Alltogether: Burn dps = 14017, Direct = 20277, for a total whoping dps of:

34294 damage per second

Take note: This is assuming our curses and fire penetration averages out to monsters having exactly 0 resistance, which is not true. In reality they will probably have somewhat higher, so lets just say 20k dps to be fair, but depending on the monster it could be past 40k. That is the potential for hammering down on one random target. If you are super rich and can build a low life shavronnes version you may multiply that dps by 2.4 to end up at 48-96k dps (based on the 20-40k assumed dps).

So, altogether, my estimates would be:

Normal build: 20-40k dps

Shavronnes version: 48-96k dps

These results sound really high to me, but it's what the numbers tell me. Let me know if you see any mistake.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 27, 2013, 6:59:40 AM
Wow, thank you so much.You must be really good at math, incredible DPS what can I tell.Hope this build will get more attention, because it deserves.Good luck sir, and thank you so much for your time and effort. :)
"
MaoZeAl wrote:
Hows survivability with this build? Im extremely new with out access to decent gear

You need to farm some basic gear before you can enter maps, as explained in the guide, and you could always do that in felshrine, which is basically an almost completely safe zone with slooow monsters and plenty of chests.

When you have 4k+ energy shield and you are using temporal chains it is very great, unless you are an absolute slacker that stands still and wait to be murdered.

This is an active build you need to move around, also so you can try to land your fireball right in the middle of them all instead of just the monsters that are closest to you.

With temporal chains you can always kite, run back regen if it gets dangerous etc, and if you are undergeared you can kill them offscreen with fireball at very low risk.

"
Emnesty1 wrote:
Wow, thank you so much.You must be really good at math, incredible DPS what can I tell.Hope this build will get more attention, because it deserves.Good luck sir, and thank you so much for your time and effort. :)

Thanks a lot, and you are welcome! :D

This build has very low crit chance until you get to around lvl 91+ and have some very expensive weapon / shield also, and for that reason it will not clear as quickly during lower levels as many other builds that basically press one key and hit everything on the screen everytime will.

It is however great fun, and it feels rewarding to play, with the potential to really become insane towards the end.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 15, 2013, 6:01:10 PM
any chance for a video?
I am also playing a fire witch, but I am using a build with Fireball as my main DPS and Incinerate Totem secondarily. It is working fairly well, but I am interested in your build. I dont understand how this build can be dependent on crits, when crit % for fireball is like 5%? What is your crit? And if its only 5-6% how often can you crit ?
IGN: Cimos_Baller
Okay guys, im uploading a little video at the moment, it should be live in around 3 hours. Slooow internet.

"
Cimos21 wrote:
I am also playing a fire witch, but I am using a build with Fireball as my main DPS and Incinerate Totem secondarily. It is working fairly well, but I am interested in your build. I dont understand how this build can be dependent on crits, when crit % for fireball is like 5%? What is your crit? And if its only 5-6% how often can you crit ?

I was actually using Firestorm totem originally, and thats a serious boost to your aoe, but i found it to be boring to play with when i didn't need it.

Yea, the base crit of fireball is 6%, and until you get good gear you will not have a very high chance to crit, but when you do crit it usually clears the pack it hits.

When you are level 91-93 you could ideally be looking at:

6% base crit

170% + 140% from your build

200% from weapon + shield

9% additional crit from critical weakness

Altogether that gives you:

6% * (1 + 1.7 + 1.4 + 2) + 9% = 45.6% Critical strike chance

My current critical strike chance is dreadful, around 18%, and you can see how that works out when im done uploading the video. I included a full map clear to showcase regular gameplay.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 16, 2013, 5:12:35 AM
updated with video, it turned out a little crapish but whatever, you get the idea and a video is a video.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info