[0.9.13] Kripparrian's SweepTemplar Build

"
Isindel wrote:
"
beeboo77 wrote:
"
Krippers wrote:

I wouldnt level up with CI on this character. Probably play some kind of dual totem caster build and respec around 70.

Can u pls link your dual totem templar spec.
I wanna give it a try ;)
Thanks in advance !
Bogdan.

Number Of Totems Allowed and Static Blows. Then go nuts!

I think he was looking for a more robust explanation. I think you can take the intellegence route through elemental dmg to get to Number of Totems Allowed. Then trail up to static blows from there. As for your filler points, take the big str/dex nodes so you can use gems and gear. The build is pretty vanilla so that you can take what you need. If you need more life, take some leading into fitness. If you need more mana or ES take those points. A build like this would be strictly for farming though. You could also clear some very tough maps. Its a relatively safe and reserved play style.
On softcore, this build works to level with, provided you have some good gear handy. I would definitely not reccommend doing this as your first character, without gear stored up or in hardcore. My plan is to go for all the talents on the left and bottom of the tree, out to Iron Reflexes. Then, back up to Inner Force and over to CI/Ghost Reaver - plan was to pick up Vaal Pact after all that.

You get virtually no increase in offense power or defense for large stretches while you work towards Keystones so gear upgrades are crucial. Additionally, the use of different auras and linked skills as you level does help offset that lack of offense/defense.

Hoping to get somewhere around 60-65 by the end of the weekend - by that time all I'll be lacking is Vaal Pact and we'll see how maps go.
hey guys, since i have a additional leveled templar, around 50 in softcore , I did give his build a try. Overall its pretty good, it can clear creep really fast and has no problem running maps. the Vaal Pact is a must have, if not your leech wont be fast enuff to keep you alive. Problem with this build is getting good gear. Coz u're using ES stuff but u need alot Red slots. I've been struggling with some gears option here and there hopefully it turn out good, I will level it to 70+ to give test it.
IGN: Rampagerabid
Would this build work with some ranged attack instead of sweep?
I am using this build atm. And the gems and skills im using make it so much better.

Sweep - Life gained on hit gem - Clarity
Basically Unlimited Sweep usage and health gained back fast with big pulls.

Leap slam to get to high priority targets.
Double strike for single targets like rares, bosses and necro's.

Works best if you rush resolute technique first.
Add me in game! Currently looking for a long term group!
My character name is Vindicious.
Woow this is indeed a veryinteresting build i've seen so far. Will try it eventually :).
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Level 48 templar on HC, leveling with my brother who is following Kripps wand templar build. About 7 or 8 levels until I begin thinking about CI, Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver. Really looking forward to it!

1 Question though..which gear should I use? I have been going ES + Armor for leveling but when I get CI and enough granite flasks do I go to pure ES? I have also been getting health items (for leveling prior to CI obviously).

Thanks!
Also wondering if this build is outdated. Seeing as granite flasks give you 6k less armor, it seems as though you would need GODLY gear to be able to smash face like Kripp does in his explanation video.

Anyone have tips to tweak the build for those of us that don't have 50 exalted orbs?
Bump.

Kripp? Anyone?
with CI nerfed and discipline nerfed this build wont work the same way it did before. i wouldn't bother trying. you cannot lvl this character naturally now. you will need another character to feed you top notch ES armour and even that might not work.
Last edited by DeadlyPencil on Feb 8, 2013, 7:44:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info