Installation problem: Checking resources

Hey,
I was downloading PoE when around 87.5 % there was some error with the client and I closed it. Unfortunately I didn't print screen the error as I thought that simple re-open would fix the problem. Now everytime I open the launcher it shows "Checking resources" and nothing is downloading nor can I click "launch". I reinstalled the game twice and deleted everything from my game folder but the problem is still the same.

Please help, I just bought beta key and want to try this game so badly!! :(

/edit
I was able to download again, this is the bug that pop outs (the same percentage as previously)
Last edited by thousand on Dec 13, 2012, 9:12:12 PM
Spoiler
md5sum Downloads/UIImages_6*
632e9c2d21469caf825cffa414d12143 Downloads/UIImages_6(1).dds
632e9c2d21469caf825cffa414d12143 Downloads/UIImages_6(2).dds
632e9c2d21469caf825cffa414d12143 Downloads/UIImages_6(3).dds
632e9c2d21469caf825cffa414d12143 Downloads/UIImages_6.dds

Seems to work fine for me, maybe the devs have the wrong file hosted.

Try the direct download here.
http://patch4.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/0.9.13.13/Art/Textures/Interface/UIImages_6.dds

Does that give you the dds or is it blocked somehow? It's possible your firewall or proxy is blocking this or somewhere there's a corrupted cache of the file.

When you download this, you should get a 5592560 Byte file (~5.4KB). You can delete it if you do, it's just to test connectivity.
Last edited by ionface on Dec 14, 2012, 9:52:15 PM
Its dds file with 257 kb. What should I do with this file? Put it to the game folder, or open somehow? Im sorry but Im a huge noob in terms of fixing things on the computer.
I moved the dds file to the main game folder. Now launcher downloads everything but still gets stuck on the same file which makes it unable to play.
Last edited by thousand on Dec 14, 2012, 7:49:40 AM
Just keep deleting the file. You cannot use it unless the Client.exe downloads it and puts it in the right place. We are using the download link to establish that you are downloading a corrupted version, the file should be 5.4MB, and it's much smaller.

Do you have any internet speed booster programs or proxies? I would call your ISP to ask them if you are using a caching proxy, they will know what that is.

If you have any personal firewalls or other intrusive security software, disable it for now, there is usually a way to disable it for 5 minutes in the tray or the menu options somewhere.
This does indeed sound like something has cached a bad copy of the file. It's most likely your ISP, try contacting them and asking them to clear it. If you are unable to get the cache cleared, the problem *should* just go away the next time we deploy a patch... unless their proxy is really horribly broken.

Same here.

Try:
Turn off firewall
Right click launcher, properties, set "run as administrator", apply, Okay.
Launch it.

You can try it.
I hope it work.
Last edited by Piaggio on Dec 17, 2012, 9:18:02 AM
Got the same problems here...
I started the download last night, this early morning got an error.
Then i started it again... and like 30 mins ago boom... again this error with another file...
Thats really annoying....
If it conitnues like this, i cannot complete the download. I got like 384kbit downspeed which means i´ll need 28 hours something to leech it.
And the funniest thing... it DOES NOT resume the downloads, it begins from the beginning again.. (Please Tell me without this error, the resume works????)
How the hell should i complete full 4,52GB like that?

How about you guys put the full_client download on your page too?

Edit:
Again after 5 Mb ....
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/21ki8id.png[/IMG]
Last edited by laoslyxid on Dec 20, 2012, 5:06:06 AM
"
laoslyxid wrote:
Then i started it again... and like 30 mins ago boom... again this error with another file...
If it conitnues like this, i cannot complete the download. I got like 384kbit downspeed which means i´ll need 28 hours something to leech it.
And the funniest thing... it DOES NOT resume the downloads, it begins from the beginning again.. (Please Tell me without this error, the resume works????)

Have you tried launching it as Administrator? If so you may have to turn off your Firewall and if that's not the Case you might want to do what Thomas said and call your ISP (Internet) provider. If All else fails then you ma have to wait until Next Patch.
"
Wren3423 wrote:
"
laoslyxid wrote:

Have you tried launching it as Administrator? If so you may have to turn off your Firewall and if that's not the Case you might want to do what Thomas said and call your ISP (Internet) provider. If All else fails then you ma have to wait until Next Patch.

yes i started is as admin...
and NO i definately dont turn my firewall for 28+ hours off because of this download LOL. seriously? ..
I dont see any reason why my ISP should cause this... every download i start works fine. no corrupted files, no download aborts nothign... only here with this game, hm!?
Well i just bougth me an CB-Key and the solution is, wait for next Patch?
What is the problem with providing a full client? whose download is RESUMEABLE for gods sake -,-
"
laoslyxid wrote:
"
Wren3423 wrote:
"
laoslyxid wrote:

yes i started is as admin...
and NO i definately dont turn my firewall for 28+ hours off because of this download LOL. seriously? ..
I dont see any reason why my ISP should cause this... every download i start works fine. no corrupted files, no download aborts nothign... only here with this game, hm!?
Well i just bougth me an CB-Key and the solution is, wait for next Patch?
What is the problem with providing a full client? whose download is RESUMEABLE for gods sake -,-

I do not see why you're upset at the company... It's clearly a problem with how your ISP caches or something with your computer... I downloaded 92% of the game and I got the same error as you. All I did was close it, run it as Administrator and waited patiently for 2 minutes until the download realized where it left off... and then it began and ran smoothly for the remainder of the download... I am now playing the game as we speak -.O

You should troubleshoot on your end before flaming a company who so graciously gave you an opportunity to play and provide feedback for them. Remember, this game will also be 100% free to play for YOUR enjoyment once it is completed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info