Evasion Iron reflexes vs Armour

Hey
Could anyone who did some testing post whats the difference in armour when going pure armour route vs iron reflexes in similiar gear?
Is it worth spending few extra points to get iron reflexes vs spending those points to get armour passives?
Thanks
IGN:Vraarz
It entirely depends, most marauders are in a position to just use armor as a slight benefit, while getting life over armor. At the moment, that is by far the best option, personally, I believe that a high armor chest is all you need really. No other armor investments needed, at all. Just upkeep your endurance charges and get every life node within reason.
If you are already in the duelist area of the tree, then iron reflexes is always better.

You can get more evasion from equipment than you can armor, and both 'leather and steel' clusters give a total of +104% to evasion and armor. Assuming you go all out with evasion, that functions as +208% armor for 2 passive clusters. Plain armor cant come anywhere near that.

Then there's also +2% evasion for each 10 points of dex, as well as grace aura, which adds a fair amount of evasion for reasonable mana reservation.

That being said, it's not worth going out of your way just for iron reflexes if you wont be over there anyway.

Edit: if you post your build we can give a more specific response.
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Dec 12, 2012, 8:16:57 PM
"
BRavich wrote:
If you are already in the duelist area of the tree, then iron reflexes is always better.

You can get more evasion from equipment than you can armor, and both 'leather and steel' clusters give a total of +104% to evasion and armor. Assuming you go all out with evasion, that functions as +208% armor for 2 passive clusters. Plain armor cant come anywhere near that.

Then there's also +2% evasion for each 10 points of dex, as well as grace aura, which adds a fair amount of evasion for reasonable mana reservation.

That being said, it's not worth going out of your way just for iron reflexes if you wont be over there anyway.

Edit: if you post your build we can give a more specific response.

I believe they normalized LS nodes already, so what you say is not correct.

The issue with investing in armor, basically at all, is that armor is inherently useless, when you need it most.

Armor actually protects you dramatically less, the harder mobs are hitting you. So if you were to use evasion itself, you would be better off using evasion evasion, rather then evasion-armor.
Last I heard, iron reflexes armor benefitted from bother evasion boosting as well as armor boosting. I didnt know that was changed.

While I understand the basic issue with armor, I'd be curious to see some tests run side by side. If armor were actually useless, no one would use granite flasks.
IGN: Iolar
HP being stacked as much as possible, high HP regen, and then things like endurance charges become your best defenses. Add a granite flask on top of all that if you think you will be hit REALLY hard.

The thing about armor is how it scales. Since granites give an ABSURD amount of armor, you can get damage reduction from them.

As someone else said, the harder a monster hits, the less useful armor will be. It's not because armor is useless, it's because you need more than you can realistically get to reduce those hits by enough. So it's better to just stack HP. Even with some AMAZING equips as far as armor goes, you won't be near a single granite flask worth of armor, and you could suffer in other areas like HP.

Damage vs reduction scaling are a tricky thing. You need to find a balance between underpowered and overpowered, and it's too easy to go either way.

Last edited by BaneoftheLight on Dec 13, 2012, 4:39:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info