Prometheus

I enjoyed Prometheus for the mindblowing visuals in 3D, probably the best looking film I've ever seen. The rest of the film was pretty disappointing though.
I liked the movie.
Well... let me put it like this: I have to like the movie, because i so desperately have to find a new fourth alien movie (Alien IV is so god-awful).

Spoiler
I liked the story about the constructor. That they "invented" humans and Aliens as a weapon while being a big bunch of a$$holes.

But the movie had so many flaws. The characters were bad. Professionals? Seriously? "unknown alien environment, lets take our helmets off, first. The Marine, being a tough guy, grabbing the flamethrower, the guy who is the failsafe-plan if anything goes wrong ... is a geologist. *bumper*
I really like the main plot, although i dont get why this have to be a trilogy again, would be much better as one prequel movie. I guess in modern days a movie only works in three parts. Meh.
I hate how the characters behave. Plain stupid and just written totally wrong and unbelievable. And that took away a lot from the quality and entertainment of the movie.

Still like Prometheus a lot more than Alien IV. So i have my replacement, i guess.
There were a number of issues, but the one that really bothered me was the overused story telling mechanic of sending a bunch of malcontent misfits who cannot get along with each other on some history making mission.

I wouldn't have allowed half of those people to set foot in my home, let alone send them off to potentially make first contact.

I'd love to see a film like this where the threat comes from the actual intelligence of the bad guy rather than the dumbassedness (that's a word now) of the protagonists. When the good guys are that stupid, you are not really surprised or saddened to see them die horrible deaths.

Also, who the F runs straight for a quarter mile to avoid a giant donut shaped spaceship rolling towards you when running 20-50 yards to the side will avoid it entirely?
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
ExileDude wrote:
Let's see...

1. They made three new Transformers-movies so far, and a fourth one are in production - without the actual Transformers.
2. They ruined Indiana Jones.
3. They ruined Star Wars.
4. We are getting a Ninja Turtles-movie... most likely with alien turtles. WTF?
5. They ruined "I am Legend" by missing the point entirely.
6. Same with Wolf Man.
7. They ruined Die Hard by making John McClane a wimp.
8. They ruined Independence Day (sending a computer virus to an alien mothership? Seriously?)
9. They ruined Child's Play...
10. ... and don't get me started on Godzilla.

Want to burn down Hollywood? Maybe I'll join you. Lol.

+ Total Recall

+ Conan

+ Freddy

+ Predator

+ Soon to be Robocop

FU Hollywood
Actually, I enjoyed Predators a lot, and accoring to Robert Rodriguez, a sequel of some sort isn't ruled out. Predators did quite well when it was released, so who knows?

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/predators/22772/robert-rodriguez-offers-brief-update-on-predators-sequel
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info