Dec 15: 3h Party HC

Died to Hailrake...again darn you

Then died to hillock (you gotta be kidding!!)

Finally died at prison (answered phone...fatal flaw lol)

Tried Duelist this time probably would get stronger over time, felt a little weak in the beginning
Best race sofar untill I died of stupidity 15 minutes before the end. I made it to the waterfall caves, but at the end I was starving for mana with LMP+FP. The build I used was sort of a hybrid dual strike freezing pulse shadow using two daggers. I always struggle to kill Brutus and Merveil using freezing pulse and dual strike proved very effective. In the end dual strike lost power, because I was not able to upgrade my daggers and freezing pulse needing too much mana.
Is there a better way to kill Merveil instead of dual strike?

Any input on my build would be appreciated.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAFecc3B4aJpUqWy1HUEJVS217c7OMNq7PtUi8n9IZ1BnVT9bR3nfjn-uO8Gv_kw==
"
_tweety_ wrote:

I suggest dont go for spells AND melee dual wield. You should choose 1 and spec into that, meaning you should have 2 passive skill trees set up depending on if you want to be a caster or melee build.
You should go as pure caster as shadow and skip the dualwield nodes.

Then you can pick up critical, life or spell nodes.

Another factor that plays a big role in solo races is luck.
I did several testruns and compared them to top position vids and the result is, that once you need a gear change and have bad luck you lose much time. I can keep up/even lead 80 min with bad luck and then I have a terrible time catching up to level 18 because a mallet/sledgehammer is missing and I haven't got any id scrolls or orbs to buy/craft one.

In the worst test run I had only drop 1-2 soc items in wrong colors and couldn't even use all skills.
Bad luck usually starts not being able to buy coral rings(there aren't any or they cost orbs), continues to have 0 cold res and merveil, terrible sockets and dead ends(I remember a swastika chest in sins level 3 on the turboparty race)

An interesting race would be an identical drop and vendor race, with same maps and mobs.

Then it will be essential how you skill and how you fight.

Actually we did good and had only 1 desynch rip but we had bad planning, so I rushed most areas or the sins/weaver split up was 5/1 instead of 3/3 we lost time and had to relevel.

I still think there should be massive exp penalties for instance resetting and explosive mobs shouldn't give experience.

In western forest it makes such a huge difference how many suiciders you meet.
2 groups of 8 suiciders gave me around a 20 minute difference on a similar test race, just because I could just pass them with phase run.
With freezing pulse a boss kill takes too long. Viper strike seems a good alternative. Any better boss killers for the shadow?

I agree with luck. Hillock gave me Kaom sign, but after that it was all horrible. Till level 23 only two transmutes and one chance orb. Not much crafting trials.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info